Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
100% speedrun w/ glitches/exploits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

FTFY
I'll only accept a 100% glitchless INSANE difficulty.
And no commentary!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Easy difficulty, played with one hand, while on ayahuasca, a loaded gun is always in the room.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's a video game comic, but about chess!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wanna see one with a "full house" aka "clogged toilet", but in the end they get it straight (flushed).

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Couldn't the King just take out the Queen too? He can move 1 in any direction.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

One must assume a Bishop is covering her from a loving mile away, diagonally

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Magnus Manfist posted:

One must assume a Bishop is covering her from a loving mile away, diagonally

Pretty sneaky, sis!

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Beachcomber posted:

She's holding the sword at arm's length so she's separated by a square. She must have gotten to arm's length on the previous move.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

If there's a square between the king and queen, the knight can take her.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
She's in front of the Knight not the king also shut up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

RJWaters2 posted:

She's in front of the Knight not the king also shut up

If she's a space in front of the knight the king can take her. If she's two spaces she isn't threatening the king.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

Wow this is great, I more. Where is it from?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Gunshow

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's from an obscure 90s cartoon sitcom called "The Simpsons".

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I know drawing a sensible bike from memory is notoriously hard but this one is really funny.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

McCracAttack posted:

I know drawing a sensible bike from memory is notoriously hard but this one is really funny.

It tells us the the illustrator is probably a woman.
https://road.cc/content/blog/90885-science-cycology-can-you-draw-bicycle

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bike-o-truths

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think the fact that not many who have art skills also have engineering skills or even spatial awareness is loving with a lot of people's understanding of how the world works. Especially in kids' shows, where budgets are low and fact checking is expensive.

Not that that bike is especially egregious, but it's there so I'll use it to bitch about. Motherfucker you drew that bike what do any of those parts do? No idea? You do not have a window to look out of? Bikes are not common where you live?

I saw a show once where a woman got scared of a huge shadow of a 20' rat monster across a brick wall, cast by a small mouse walking by under a street light. Bitch were do you live that reality works like that?

Or another show where a dude threw a spanner in the works and jammed the gears from the wrong side like did you ever operate a mangler motherfucker?

So on one hand it's entertainment who cares, but on the other hand no. How do we keep feeding people entertaining garbage and boring facts and expect them to learn the right thing? We're sabotaging ourselves and it pisses me off.

And now for my next rant: facebook.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

something went fabulously wrong when loading that

:psyboom:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm the bike without pedals but with a musical note.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
An artist called Gianluca Gimini asked people to draw bicycles from memory and then did realist 3D renders of the results. They're great. :v:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35437979/Velocipedia

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's got to be cherry picking the worst right? People can't be that stupid?

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
I don’t think it’s a matter of stupidity, you could choose any common subject and ask people to draw it as accurately as possible and you’d see the same results.

When I was in college I would do something similar by asking my classmates to draw Mickey Mouse or Pikachu without looking up what the characters looked like. I enjoyed watching them go from, “Of course I know what Mickey Mouse looks like,” to intense frustration as they realized that no, they did in fact not.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Accurately drawing things from real life is a skill that usually needs to be learned, art teachers have to teach their students to stop drawing objects the way they think they should look (especially faces) and actually look at objects instead of letting their preconceptions fill in the blanks

There's a reason that painters spend years doing lifedrawing classes!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
As a fun exercise you can try drawing pedobear from memory.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

id rather not

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/status/1129358073691291648

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
There was a great thread on this very (dead, gay) site which was full of goons drawing Homer Simpson from memory, or asking their parents to.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

By all means let's name-drop someone who'd just had a baby and put her at risk for mobbing, Goodest Internet Lad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

By all means let's name-drop someone who'd just had a baby and put her at risk for mobbing, Goodest Internet Lad.

Maybe they don't know Kate Beaton just had a baby.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe they don't know Kate Beaton just had a baby.

It would be irresponsibly to do on any day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It would be irresponsibly to do on any day.

"Don't talk about people on the Internet, ever"? Fair enough.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Don't talk about people on the Internet, ever"? Fair enough.

Do you know the difference between talking about somebody and dragging them into a fight they didn't ask for? She literally says in this story that she doesn't feel like talking about this too much online because she's worried about the response, so he thinks putting her name out there when this cat's just died is a good idea.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

it's funny that she talks about the cat like it would know and be hurt by the fact that it is called grumpy cat, and that she insinuates that if your cat has a dumb name it's because you don't care about it

like, does she not know what a cat is? has she ever seen one? does she think they're all named like, steven or karen or something?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

it's funny that she talks about the cat like it would know and be hurt by the fact that it is called grumpy cat, and that she insinuates that if your cat has a dumb name it's because you don't care about it

like, does she not know what a cat is? has she ever seen one? does she think they're all named like, steven or karen or something?
The cat's real name was Tardar Sauce.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

cock hero flux posted:

Cat's name was Tard back then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hirayuki posted:

The cat's real name was Tardar Sauce.

:wrong: they made that up to cover for calling it "(re)tard"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.