Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Btw this is a good place to watch people lose their poo poo

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TSLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Streak posted:

Btw this is a good place to watch people lose their poo poo

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TSLA

I just came like 3 times

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I just came like 3 times

lol i was compiling a BEST OF from that guys post history

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Lord Stimperor posted:

I think the lane assist in Toyotas and Mazdas shows you when it has detecteda e markings to your left/right. So you may be able to decide whether you trust that. Anyhow it's an assist only anyway so it wouldn't veer off the road following a skid marks anyway.
The assist on my Mazda is very subtle even if you turn up intervention all the way, it only really kicks in if it thinks you are drifting out of your lane.

I also have a Honda with their Level 2 system and it only works at highway speed and only provides like 75% of the needed steering input, so you still have to have at least one hand on the wheel actively steering. You can safely take your hands off the wheel for a few seconds if you’re going straight though.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tesla fire big yeah yeah yeah
Stock go down yeah yeah yeah

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

zegermans posted:

Hey how do I raise 2 billion dollars to clearly waste

people throw around "2 billion dollar cash raise" like it's just a switch you can throw. Where is that switch. I want to throw it.

you have to have billions to start with I think, after that it doesn't matter how much of a gently caress up you are you'll get away with it every time

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol there's still so many true believers though god drat

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
people who bought into the last raise just 2 weeks ago are already down almost 10%

In other news SpaceX scrubbed the launch of their 60 test Starlink satellites in order to 'triple check' things and update the satellites software. Which is really strange since I figure you'd know about the software update before the launch, and supposedly you can update these things while they are in the air. I guess that means it's a software update is for once the satellites are released from the Rocket and need to position themselves properly. This is the second scrub of this launch, they were originally scheduled to go May 15 then last night and now the next launch window is in a week.

There's a lot to write about Starlink it's got a lot of the typical Elon things going on.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pigz posted:

people who bought into the last raise just 2 weeks ago are already down almost 10%

In other news SpaceX scrubbed the launch of their 60 test Starlink satellites in order to 'triple check' things and update the satellites software. Which is really strange since I figure you'd know about the software update before the launch, and supposedly you can update these things while they are in the air. I guess that means it's a software update is for once the satellites are released from the Rocket and need to position themselves properly. This is the second scrub of this launch, they were originally scheduled to go May 15 then last night and now the next launch window is in a week.

There's a lot to write about Starlink it's got a lot of the typical Elon things going on.

huh guess all those branch merges didnt go so smoothly, elon should have told them to do it smoothly

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

their satellites are running Tesla autopilot for positioning, they're all gonna see a bigger satellite and instinctively smash into it

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

brugroffil posted:

their satellites are running Tesla autopilot for positioning, they're all gonna see a bigger satellite and instinctively smash into it

I had thought the most recent commit just locks them on firehouses and tries to drop satellites on them from orbit to make the roads safer for the rest of the autopilot fleet.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
actually uh, its .. its uh you who is the mad one,,

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bring back old gbs posted:

actually uh, its .. its uh you who is the mad one,,

what the gently caress is going on there?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Meltdown May claims another victim

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

what the gently caress is going on there?

he's mad AT or ABOUT china, possibly both

possibly neither

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
laffo at the FINANCIAL EDUCATION youtube account that always gets served up in a Tesla Stock google search who says he bought 7k$ of tesla two days ago

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol yeah why don't they write a news story every time a product does what it's supposed to do (lol at not killing you = saving your life)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

lol if you don't over-the-space update your satellites

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Streak posted:

Lol yeah why don't they write a news story every time a product does what it's supposed to do (lol at not killing you = saving your life)

because then you'd just be writing about any other driver assist package available today in cars made by Volvo/BMW/Mercedes/Cadillac/etc.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

bring back old gbs posted:

he's mad AT or ABOUT china, possibly both

possibly neither

a popular conspiracy theory in Tesla circles right now is that China is somehow responsible for the fires being reported, either intentionally setting them or covering up mythical fake Tesla battery packs.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
Everytime there is an auto pilot accident/death, bezingas rush to defend but but but they were supposed to keep their hands on the wheel at all times!!

I wonder who told them that it was OK to do that?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Can you just take your hands off? I thought you had to wedge an orange in there?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ben Murphy posted:

Everytime there is an auto pilot accident/death, bezingas rush to defend but but but they were supposed to keep their hands on the wheel at all times!!

I wonder who told them that it was OK to do that?

OK dude you are obviously invested in seeing Tesla fail so I don't see why anyone should listen to what you have to say. Elon is trying to save the world and you're just talking poo poo. What have YOU done to fight global climate change? Furthermore,

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1129237396401397766

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

People have put body mods on their lovely cars to make them look like better models of cars for decades.

lol @ fieros with countache body kits

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Wait are you telling me that investors don't like when the CEO of a company emails its employees that they are going to be hosed in 10 months?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol yeah it's tweets causing all this, not the cartoonish buffoonery on display for years now.

:jerkbag:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol @ fieros with countache body kits

shush those things rule

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Siljmonster posted:

Thank Elon your wife died

Yeah, that's usually a $3k upgrade.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Streak posted:

Lol yeah it's tweets causing all this, not the cartoonish buffoonery on display for years now.

:jerkbag:

tweeting, the cause and solution to all of life's problems

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

it's not too far off the mark, Elon's usual MO is to tweet or otherwise announce some pie in the sky poo poo whenever the stock price drops.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
All this right before a weekend for everyone to stew over the stock price's new direction

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dumb Lowtax posted:

All this right before a weekend for everyone to stew over the stock price's new direction

Lol "new" direction.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

There is a far amount of lag when posting from a Mars habitat.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

BMan posted:

Can you just take your hands off? I thought you had to wedge an orange in there?

There are no alerts when you take your hands off until:
Visual Alert at 45 seconds
Audio alert at 60 seconds.
At 90 seconds it just stops the car in the middle of wherever you are highways included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uw97Gx1lYw
which is good cause because 'WITHOUT AUTOPILOT I'D BE DEAD'

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze it!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
4.20% awww yeah

edit:
4.21% AWWW YEAH

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I just came like 3 times

lol feel good post

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
So what's the over/under of when number starts spiraling down?

I'm taking 180 as the under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some idiot is convinced that California will outright ban ICE vehicles and therefore everyone's gonna rush out and buy a Tesla lol

Just.... Lol