Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Barry Convex posted:

I'd say Iron Fist S1 was about equally bad

At that point you're basically rolling a limbo bar under another, slightly higher but almost touching the floor limbo bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I wouldn't. Every character in Ironfist besides Ironfist himself is actually decent in that show.

Colleen Wing >>>

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Runaways is my least favorite, still-running Marvel Show but I still like it and I still look forward to it.

Gifted got cancelled and I'd put it slightly below Runaways, but still good.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't. Every character in Ironfist besides Ironfist himself is actually decent in that show.

Colleen Wing >>>

they should make a Colleen Wing + Misty Knight show, I'd watch it

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Runaways got a lot better after season one, and the Gifted has a lot of neat ideas.

I think he only thing I can say positive about Inhumans is Hawaii is pretty. The whole show seemed like an excuse for he cast to go on a vacation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gey muckle mowser posted:

they should make a Colleen Wing + Misty Knight show, I'd watch it

I'd be down for this but only if it's just them going to random bars and kicking douchey dude's asses.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Edmund Lava posted:

I think he only thing I can say positive about Inhumans is Hawaii is pretty. The whole show seemed like an excuse for he cast to go on a vacation.

Anson Mount was amazingly charming and charismatic given the incredible limitations placed on him in the role, the complete absence of dialogue being the least of them.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I think Iron Fist worst crime was teasing a season I’d actually want to watch at the end of the series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Anson Mount was amazingly charming and charismatic given the incredible limitations placed on him in the role, the complete absence of dialogue being the least of them.

I never watched it but over on ST Discovery the man does more with a single look than most of his castmates can do with 20 minutes of exposition. Dude's an incredible talent.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

I never watched it but over on ST Discovery the man does more with a single look than most of his castmates can do with 20 minutes of exposition. Dude's an incredible talent.

He was absolutely the best part of Inhumans. Without him, I probably woudln't have watched the whole thing. The CGI dog was also great when they didn't have is sleeping to save money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Edmund Lava posted:

I think Iron Fist worst crime was teasing a season I’d actually want to watch at the end of the series.

Fam I was so loving livid when it finally got to the good poo poo and was canceled.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Dexo posted:

Fam I was so loving livid when it finally got to the good poo poo and was canceled.

:same:

I know this probably had nothing to do with him but I blame Scott Buck somehow.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Proteus Jones posted:

Don't worry. He'll be fridged.

Perhaps literally. There's precedent, after all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Dexo posted:

What are you guys talking about?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who knows? Nobody watched season two and that includes them.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Iron Fist ended with Danny dual wielding Iron Fist guns and Colleen with a Fist-powered sword.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It seemed like the next season was gonna be Immortal Weapons.

He was off wandering the world and looking for Orson Randall.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 16, 2019

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

It would of been nice to see immortal weapons. Except they decided to have a turbo sexist and vaguely racist version of Bride of Nine Spiders in season one.

God gently caress Iron Fist.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, I was hoping this Fitz would have a little easier time of it, and get help before he went super dark, but then the last few seconds of the episode happened, and now I'm hoping the FitzSimmons that they and we all deserve, the full-on supervillain power couple happens.

Yeah, in the episode that the Doctor comes out Fitz mentions hearing him ever since the Framework and the primary instigator for the emergence was the brain damage caused in season 1 flaring up under stress so the all the ingredients are still there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CornHolio posted:

It's so goddamn good. I hate that so many people I know won't watch it because the first season was slow and they gave up on it.

Some people can't ever let go. It's both sad and infuriating.

This is a good show, y'all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, in the episode that the Doctor comes out Fitz mentions hearing him ever since the Framework and the primary instigator for the emergence was the brain damage caused in season 1 flaring up under stress so the all the ingredients are still there.

They should mention it offhandedly and have him go :stare: as he realizes they know all his deepest darkest secrets

like "Oh hey Fitz don't listen to the Doctor when he talks to you, his advice is terrible"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

They should mention it offhandedly and have him go :stare: as he realizes they know all his deepest darkest secrets

like "Oh hey Fitz don't listen to the Doctor when he talks to you, his advice is terrible"

That was kind of where I was going with it. Less of him fearing he'll turn into a monster and more that everyone else knows he *is* a monster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Proteus Jones posted:

That was kind of where I was going with it. Less of him fearing he'll turn into a monster and more that everyone else knows he *is* a monster.

“Um, you’re not gonna get answers that way. He’s not gonna give them up without propah incentive.”

“Oh, Fitz. How’s the Doctor telling you to torture him now? :shobon:

“GET OUT OF MY BLOODY HEAD JEMMA”

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
He's probably in monster mode 100% now after being subjected to so much stress.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SpartanIvy posted:

He's probably in monster mode 100% now after being subjected to so much stress.

Dr. Simmons’ dream husband :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Iron Fist ended with Danny dual wielding Iron Fist guns and Colleen with a Fist-powered sword.

Dexo posted:

It seemed like the next season was gonna be Immortal Weapons.

He was off wandering the world and looking for Orson Randall.

I only remember them going to K'un Lun and finding it blown up with like dynamite and a bunch of dead Hand ninjas everywhere. Giving Danny chi guns sounds like the best move. Bonus if he's scared when he shoots them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HquFyRcQHGQ

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

e: nvm

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Heh Not Coulson passing up the aviators is a nice touch to separate him from Coulson.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

howe_sam posted:

Heh Not Coulson passing up the aviators is a nice touch to separate him from Coulson.

Hah, I didn't pick that up. That's great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad we get more Enoch.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

nooneofconsequence posted:

I just want to say: I haven't watched a single second of Iron Fist in anything. Which makes this entire sentence VERY confusing... but also magical in a way that I really appreciate. :allears:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I cannot unsee super bulked up Tomasso Ciampa when Jaco appears.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PunkBoy posted:

I cannot unsee super bulked up Tomasso Ciampa when Jaco appears.

No matter what universe he's from, Coulson's still the most exasperated man in the universe.

The Simmons/Fitz thing is going to be massively heartbreaking. OTOH Enoch and Fitz are the buddy cop duo I never knew I wanted.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fitz will make a wonderful Space Pirate Roberts.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

No matter what universe he's from, Coulson's still the most exasperated man in the universe.

The Simmons/Fitz thing is going to be massively heartbreaking. OTOH Enoch and Fitz are the buddy cop duo I never knew I wanted.

They can bring in suspects for Enhanced Interrogation Gemma.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

They can bring in suspects for Enhanced Interrogation Gemma.

The first ten people she only threatened.

The next ten she promised not to kill.

Everything after was because she found it amusing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz and Simmons just want to live a happy life where no one is trying to end the world. Anyone who gets between them living happily together is toast

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
ngl this season has started out pretty strong to me. I'm really looking forward to see how superscience couple FitzSimmons will bounce against Doctor "World-killing cosmic invaders? Get me some hard liqour!" Benson, what Daisy's reaction to not-Coulson will be, and how Deke is going to fit into all of this.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Does anyone else get the feeling that we are getting Doctor Gemma this season? Girl has a "full dark, no stars" kind of vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm so glad we're getting a good amount of May action this season. I know Ming Na Wen was limited last season due to an injury, but it was a sorely missed part of the show. It was so satisfying seeing her take down most of Sarge's team on her own.