Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I'm maybe reading too much into this but I feel like given the recent comments on being burnt out on Balance the latest live show featuring Tres Horny Boys revived as zombies that only exist to mindlessly repeat their old catchphrases and bits certainly takes on a different connotation

lol that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I'm maybe reading too much into this but I feel like given the recent comments on being burnt out on Balance the latest live show featuring Tres Horny Boys revived as zombies that only exist to mindlessly repeat their old catchphrases and bits certainly takes on a different connotation

At one point Magnus said that they should send the robots to liveshows in their place. It was very good.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I took a trip... a trip to FLAVORTOWN!

The man himself.

So many "Signature" sauces. Full size image for the sauce list.

It actually wasn't that bad. Chicken was juicy. The chipotle ranch was good. The Lime Mojo wasn't good though. Not very signature, Guy.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Blockhouse posted:

Uh excuse me those were clearly the Three Randy Guys

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

every live show

Justin: and that's from Bored in Brooklyn, are you here?

audience member thought bubble: (me, not that person, definitely should take this time to say "WOOOOOO")

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Please tell me you didn't go to known hotel management graduate Guy Feiri restaurant because three guys on the internet made fun of it.

It's okay to go if you wanted to go but please be your own person.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
:jerkbag: Get over yourself

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

um excuse me posted:

Please tell me you didn't go to known hotel management graduate Guy Feiri restaurant because three guys on the internet made fun of it.

um excuse me this post is judgey as gently caress. People can go where they want for whatever reason dude

Can't even spell Fieri right, smdh...

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Call me judgey then. But saying it's okay to want to go somewhere because it's something you want to do is the opposite. Fandoms can go to hell.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

um excuse me posted:

um excuse me

Clearly no fun or joy was derived from kidding on the square and eating from a joke restaurant. Thanks for policing somebody not having fun on the internet and making a dour, serious sad post about the miserable experience.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

um excuse me posted:

Call me judgey then. But saying it's okay to want to go somewhere because it's something you want to do is the opposite. Fandoms can go to hell.

I think the main issue is just that somebody took the time to share their relevant, on-topic experience with the thread during a lull in conversation and your immediate reaction was to just poo poo on them. They didn't have to take the time to make that post...

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
No, they didn't. But no one has to post anything. My post is just as necessary. My main point, though admittedly a little confused, is to own who you are, don't be the butt of some joke. If chicken fingers are your thing (surprise I have opinions about those, too) that's fine. Just don't make something you enjoy (McElroy's) part of your identity.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

um excuse me posted:

No, they didn't. But no one has to post anything. My post is just as necessary. My main point, though admittedly a little confused, is to own who you are, don't be the butt of some joke. If chicken fingers are your thing (surprise I have opinions about those, too) that's fine. Just don't make something you enjoy (McElroy's) part of your identity.

Dude it's not like he's a vegetarian forcing chicken tenders down his throat because some funny men talked about it.

You seem to have opinions about chicken tenders. Don't drag down one person's experience because of it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You can all stop arguing about me (although I appreciate you all care so much about my dinner). I'm a local who goes to Disney Springs all the time and I try all the restaurants. I didn't go there just because the Bros talked about it.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 20, 2019

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol my issue isn't with the tenders. But since this is a no criticism allowed thread I'll leave it alone. Sorry about my post.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

um excuse me posted:

chicken fingers [...] (surprise I have opinions about those, too)

It's really not a surprise

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
:thejoke:. Im able to turn the focus of criticism on myself.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Nah 'Don't be the McDonalds szechuan sauce wierdos' is a perfectly valid thing to say, but an overreaction in this case.

By the same token 'Ironic enjoyment' is actually the same thing as 'enjoyment' so do whatever you like just don't be an rear end in a top hat about it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zero One posted:

You can all stop arguing about me (although I appreciate you all care so much about my dinner). I'm a local who goes to Disney Springs all the time and I try all the restaurants. I didn't go there just because the Bros talked about it.

I've been there as well, it wasn't exactly inspiring. It's actually perfectly representative of what a Guy Fieri restaurant is to me.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

um excuse me posted:

Lol my issue isn't with the tenders. But since this is a no criticism allowed thread I'll leave it alone. Sorry about my post.

Yes, this thread is famous for never saying anything negative about the show or about individual McElroys, and this aversion to criticism is the sole reason you are getting pushback.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Fuckin hell.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol this thread always derails into the stupidest poo poo.

How long do you think Amnesty has left? 4 episodes? Another arc? Things seem to be coming to a conclusion pretty quickly now

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

How long do you think Amnesty has left? 4 episodes? Another arc? Things seem to be coming to a conclusion pretty quickly now

I think they said during the last Q&A that they expect Amnesty to finish later this year, so I'd guess an arc or two more.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The main problem with Guy Fieri's restaurant is it is not in my area yet.

Basically any drat day I can get Guthrie's or Zaxby's if I'm feeling bad and can't think of what to make for dinner. I want to try Fieri's same format restaurant.

To me: Guthries better fries, better sauce
Zaxby's: Better tenders, better slaw
Tie: Bread

Only Guy Fieri can get all of them perfect.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lol this thread always derails into the stupidest poo poo.

I give it another two episodes on this arc, and then one more arc fighting the Big Bad of the season.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Pity on all of you who do not have a Raising Canes.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Chieves posted:

Pity on all of you who do not have a Raising Canes.

I gotta drive a little bit to get to one but it is worth it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Related: while most Munch Squad segments are for short term promotional items, the DQ slogan "Happy Tastes Good" is now appearing in commercials. I see it all the time and I laugh at their dumb ad.

Happy. Tastes. Good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good happy taste

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"Happy tastes good" genuinely feels like the go to saying for a cult.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
"Happy tastes good" is actually pretty true. Mental state affects your sense of taste, from tasting something as grape just because you expect that out of something that's purple, to thinking a wine is amazing just because you are also having a good night.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm lollin at the idea that the McElroys have some monopoly on making fun of Guy Fieri. That dude has been everyone's punching bag for like a decade

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dislike the idea of fandoms as much as the next person, but holy moly gettin pissy about being curious about chicken guy's is next level.

I'd go there, with or without the McElroys' dunking around on it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Is this something you really want to big back up? Seemed like everyone was ready to move on.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

like all goon trip reports it was really lame though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

um excuse me posted:

Is this something you really want to big back up? Seemed like everyone was ready to move on.

I don't think you get to choose when people stop poking fun, considering you started the whole mess.

But I've said my piece, and now I'm more than ready to talk about other things. Like listening to shmanners entirely due to Justin dunking on Travis at the beginning of the latest Sawbones show. Multi-show mud-slinging, it's good stuff.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

um excuse me posted:

Get dunked on loser

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the chicken in the photo looked pretty mediocre

but its a chain so. All Chains Are Bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

"Happy tastes good" is actually pretty true. Mental state affects your sense of taste, from tasting something as grape just because you expect that out of something that's purple, to thinking a wine is amazing just because you are also having a good night.

Also a Blizzard is a better way to start summer than putting on shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The 7th Guest posted:

the chicken in the photo looked pretty mediocre

but its a chain so. All Chains Are Bad

Yeah it wasn't as good as Publix tenders but I put it above McDonald's or Wendy's.