Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lambert posted:

Yep, that's dayuum ugly.

Looks like a car from the late 2010's, they're all ugly as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bring back old gbs posted:

I dont know if it even exists outside of CG renders and autoshows but the only correct EV choice is a Volvo Polestar imo:

:eyepop: god daaaaaayum

i thought drgitlin posted about doing a test drive of them and they're chunky af and don't handle well. possibly i'm confusing things

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Wasn't there a YOSPOS goon who spilled after his Tesla NDA was up? I need to find that thread. Good times.

Lambert posted:

Yep, that's dayuum ugly.

It's fine, but looks like someone took a BMW X4 and hit 'Chamfer' instead of 'Fillet'

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

He's completely oblivious to this week

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what’s the inherent issue with plug in hybrids? I’m looking at the ioniq and it looks real cool and good and my commute is just about its electric range so would it really be something I can plug every night and barely use any gas or will it still mainly use gas and be a hybrid

If you have standard 110 volt outlets at home, this might not charge your battery to full overnight, depending on how big the battery is and how long you typically have it charging each night.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Failson posted:

Wasn't there a YOSPOS goon who spilled after his Tesla NDA was up? I need to find that thread. Good times.

It's fine, but looks like someone took a BMW X4 and hit 'Chamfer' instead of 'Fillet'

It was this beautiful goon:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862643&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post487296229

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bond holders get their cut ahead of stock holders and Musk controls the company through stock ownership. One way to take control of companies in financial trouble is to buy up their bonds and hold some stock, and baby, you got yourself a hostile take over cookin.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what’s the inherent issue with plug in hybrids? I’m looking at the ioniq and it looks real cool and good and my commute is just about its electric range so would it really be something I can plug every night and barely use any gas or will it still mainly use gas and be a hybrid

1) they're ideologically impure
2) you gotta cart around that gas engine all the time
3) I had to get an EV charger installed to my house (total price, $700)

My wife has basically the same car as I do and basically the same commute except hers is a pure gasoline engine. She averages 21 MPG, I average 33.5. These are full sized SUVs with meaty engines, the gas savings is great. Also, the upcharge to get this powertrain was basically paid in full by the tax benefit.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Bringing in a ringer to make the killer tweet the people are crying out for

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1130893326906007553

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

baka kaba posted:

Bringing in a ringer to make the killer tweet the people are crying out for

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1130893326906007553

ahahahahahahahahhahaa the dumbest loving timeline

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lutha Mahtin posted:

If you have standard 110 volt outlets at home, this might not charge your battery to full overnight, depending on how big the battery is and how long you typically have it charging each night.

120 volt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

god yospos is hard to read

also I understand no techno stuff, but his story about the idiotic software installation system explains a lot about why they can't produce these cars fast

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I own a used iMiev and it owns because it's great at what it's made for, which is A to B as cheaply as possible, letting me keep miles off of my more fun car when the weather sucks 80% of the year.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

so is he going to tweet stock pumps by proxy? get rekt sec

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lote posted:

Bond holders get their cut ahead of stock holders and Musk controls the company through stock ownership. One way to take control of companies in financial trouble is to buy up their bonds and hold some stock, and baby, you got yourself a hostile take over cookin.

congratulations, you're a fractional owner of a worthless pile of bullshit

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

zegermans posted:

also I understand no techno stuff, but his story about the idiotic software installation system explains a lot about why they can't produce these cars fast

amberpos yo

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

... is an abomination, is what you meant to write.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

zegermans posted:

that is babytown frollicks compared to the more recent discoveries about their software stack

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Factory Upkeep $200
R&D $150
Labor $800
Meme Review $3,600
Interest $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my company is dying

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Claiming that big ICE will be selling the equivalent to horse carriages because they aren't self driving is hilarious. It's probably right, because the self driving future is probably trains

Dr. Fraiser Chain has issued a correction as of 01:24 on May 22, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

has anyone explained why ICE vehicles can't be self driving?

because thus far the majority of autonomous test vehicles are ICE

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the analysts are the people rejected from the trading desks.

I tend to think that if someone is giving out business info for free, said info is likely not good enough to charge for.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

has anyone explained why ICE vehicles can't be self driving?

because thus far the majority of autonomous test vehicles are ICE

google's new fleet is all plug-in hybrids from chrysler yeah

and before that they were using modded hybrid lexuses

idk what their Here Comes A Special Boy cars ran off of though

e: those little two-seaters were meant to be fully electric, with a top speed of 25 mph and no steering wheel gas or brake pedals

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 22:26 on May 21, 2019

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

For every ~analyst~ saying stock is going to do thing, there's another person saying the exact opposite. It's all garbage random guesswork meant to fill blogs and sell ads and/or convince you that you need to pay for their super special advice to beat the market.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

For every ~analyst~ saying stock is going to do thing, there's another person saying the exact opposite. It's all garbage random guesswork meant to fill blogs and sell ads and/or convince you that you need to pay for their super special advice to beat the market.

but The Man Who Predicted 20,000 DOW has something to say!! This ad is very insistent!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Dezinus posted:

but The Man Who Predicted 20,000 DOW has something to say!! This ad is very insistent!!!

please tell me it's the guy who predicted it in 2008

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's the most complicated car you can get, all the weight and failure modes. That being said they get decent mileage all in all. There are a couple of cars now that power the wheels via the electric engine, and only use the combustion engine for charging. I think that's the way to go. Mazda supposedly will build one if these hybrids next year, with a rotary charging engine (small enough to fit next to a big battery). Very curious how that is turning out.

Ioniq is cool and good though, drove one last year. Facelift for this year looking good.

Currently debating hard back and forth between a Mazda 3 and a hybrid corolla. Both are really nice but I'm mostly highway driving, so theres (at my speed) just a can of coke difference in mileage between the two for me

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Goodpancakes posted:

Claiming that big ICE will be selling the equivalent to house carriages because they aren't self driving is hilarious. It's probably right, because the self driving future is probably trains

I’d be 99% comfortable with taking a nap in a horse drawn carriage left to go on its own

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
lol, just lol, if you don't have 400v three-phase available in your building

loving americans trying to charge 75kwh batteries over a household 120v circuit, smh

TheFluff has issued a correction as of 23:21 on May 21, 2019

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
it never ceases to amaze me just how loving lovely american infrastructure is and how much americans hate investing in it. americans will buy into almost any kind of bizarro boondoggle scheme in order to avoid having to think scary thoughts about investing in infrastructure. public transit? nah, that's infrastructure. self-driving cars tho!!! wired internet access? nah, that's infrastructure, let's launch 600 satellite constellations instead, that's totally gonna fix internet access for real cheap!!! high speed trains? no that's so infrastructure it's literally impossible to even imagine. maintaining bridges and dams? gently caress that noise, who even cares.

TheFluff has issued a correction as of 22:58 on May 21, 2019

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
the only infrastructure americans like is loving parking lots

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

just plug in two 120v cords!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TheFluff posted:

the only infrastructure americans like is loving parking lots

doesn't count, that's private property not public infrastructure

americans love highways. everywhere, highways. especially if you can build one over where minorities live

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

elon selling stock 🚨

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

A MIRACLE posted:

elon selling stock 🚨
https://twitter.com/TeslaCharts/status/1130957525006848001

:yeshaha:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol

Stocktwits is amazing, you can see people just being incredibly wrong over and over with no remorse.

Streak has issued a correction as of 23:23 on May 21, 2019

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Ben Murphy posted:

I just bought 1000x 1/27/2020 10Ps for $8000

If they are bankrupt before 2020, this will net me slightly under a million dollars.

These are already up to $15k this morning

Ol'Margin call Musky going to ensure my retirement

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

nice... my position is a bit smaller. I would probably roll some into safer strikes but you do you

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does bowel cancer have a distinct smell? I feel like my rear end in a top hat smells different than it used to and I haven’t changed my diet. And to be clear I’m not talking about any sort of poop smell I’m talking about the smell of the skin of a completely clean anus. it used to be kind of garlicky but now it has a kind of industrial solvent smell to it

e: sorry wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

is this the margin call? is this it?