Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ben Murphy posted:

These are already up to $15k this morning

Ol'Margin call Musky going to ensure my retirement

i only did one play like this ever where I bought like $1k worth of 3 year out best buy puts in case they went bankrupt cause it was a bit after the time circuit city was going under and I was just like well..why DOES best buy even exist anymore

But they came back for some reason??? oh well, whatever, it was just pure gambling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

Bringing in a ringer to make the killer tweet the people are crying out for

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1130893326906007553

lol that's not even the original "in awe at the size of this lad" guy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

bird with big dick posted:

Does bowel cancer have a distinct smell? I feel like my rear end in a top hat smells different than it used to and I haven’t changed my diet. And to be clear I’m not talking about any sort of poop smell I’m talking about the smell of the skin of a completely clean anus. it used to be kind of garlicky but now it has a kind of industrial solvent smell to it

e: sorry wrong thread

you wont care

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Duscat posted:

Id have respect if Elon hired the fat dude who aids the queen.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

A MIRACLE posted:

nice... my position is a bit smaller. I would probably roll some into safer strikes but you do you

I've made enough on weekly puts these past few weeks to safely lose the 8K if it comes to that. Granted my portfolio is only 45K, so what 17% position? Just typing that out makes me a little more shaky but it's all good. Going to need a steady hand heading into Q2 ER though. We all know the numbers will be awful, but that doesn't mean much with this company. Look at the last 15 years. There could be some lever left that Musk will pull to rocket this back up, but I seriously think more investors are starting to sober up from the hope and growth dream and we'll see a real evaluation come before year end.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lambert posted:

... is an abomination, is what you meant to write.

heyman u dont have the best track record of "knowing what looks good" iykwim

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Ben Murphy posted:

I've made enough on weekly puts these past few weeks to safely lose the 8K if it comes to that. Granted my portfolio is only 45K, so what 17% position? Just typing that out makes me a little more shaky but it's all good. Going to need a steady hand heading into Q2 ER though. We all know the numbers will be awful, but that doesn't mean much with this company. Look at the last 15 years. There could be some lever left that Musk will pull to rocket this back up, but I seriously think more investors are starting to sober up from the hope and growth dream and we'll see a real evaluation come before year end.

I'm rooting for you! Best of luck!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it used to be kind of garlicky but now it has a kind of industrial solvent smell to it

I can't believe I know this, but the alkaline solvent smell are digestive enzymes released in the small intestine

likewise, they are an indicator that you may have slight problems with your lower bits of your digestive system, but nothing near as serious as cancer

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
me? i like those poops that u only have to wipe once or twice, no big deal. i wish i could maintain a diet that only made those kind, that would be wicked

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

what helps make nice firm poops? Fiber? Cheese?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Duscat posted:

and elon musk isn't even the original tesla motors guy

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Rex-Goliath posted:

is this the margin call? is this it?

Probably not because it’s only $35mil worth of stock. You would probably see some larger amounts if he were forced to do it. He also has a ton more options to exercise so there is a long way to go from here.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol would be funny if Unsworth suddenly dropped his suit and "moved on"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/brd22p/its_time_to_take_the_tesla_narrative/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

lolling bigly

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Jesus Christ it's a pyramid scheme

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

It's Heaven's gate 2.0. Cult leader with a huge mansion who promises to someday take humans to space, all they need now are the Nikes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

I dont know if it even exists outside of CG renders and autoshows but the only correct EV choice is a Volvo Polestar imo:

:eyepop: god daaaaaayum

I too want this very very badly, and I too think its the best EV there will be. It's a shame they don't offer Polestar blue.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
Been gone awhile and catching up. Can someone let me know what’s happened? Saw something about Elon Musk praising a sheep’s unit and thought he’d finally cracked which is why the stock is tanking. Am I far off?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Been gone awhile and catching up. Can someone let me know what’s happened? Saw something about Elon Musk praising a sheep’s unit and thought he’d finally cracked which is why the stock is tanking. Am I far off?

he sent an email to the whole company saying they were gonna be bankrupt in less than a year and his solution was doing the corporate equivalent of checking under the cushions for spare change

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rex-Goliath posted:

he sent an email to the whole company saying they were gonna be bankrupt in less than a year and his solution was doing the corporate equivalent of checking under the cushions for spare change

the CFO has to personally check every cushion, musk just has to do every 10th

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

There was also another autopilot fatality

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

quote:

• Simply demonstrate the car and assure people that there is "fake news" that has been surrounding Tesla
  • Tesla is NOT going bankrupt (stock price is meaningless)

"What do you think of car?"

"Uh well it's pretty nice I guess, right at the next light to get to taco bell."

"Tesla is not bankrupt. Everything's fine."

"Oh... ok."

"Elon has a plan. Definitely no bankruptcy."

"Are you ok?"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
love the china though

https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/1131010185697214464?s=20

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Least surprising chaser of them all:

https://twitter.com/trumpery45/status/1131029889761472512?s=21

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hey wait a minute, you know what the gently caress else is going on besides the Unsworth case? How about a little guy known as the SEC that was suing Elon (or at least trying to argue contempt)? That's not over right? They acted like they needed to re-write the terms again which is bullshit, has Elon broken them again yet? Is anyone doing anything at all? Besides letting him off the hook?

Either way sell more stock Elon

infernal machines posted:

that is babytown frollicks compared to the more recent discoveries about their software stack

Please go on

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

what helps make nice firm poops? Fiber? Cheese?

steel wool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Please go on

okay, well, low key. but they enabled full debug logging in the kernel on their half-assed ubuntu port that runs everything, so now the ssds they use for the ecu/mcu are hitting their write limits and failing, permanently. meaning the entire system needs to be replaced, oh, and btw your odometer hasn't worked since poo poo failed, so be sure to note that on your insurance.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol remember when Tesla customer support hosed up and gave some random guy admin access to the Tesla forums? And he deleted a bunch of poo poo?

good times

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
we are starting to reach bitcoin levels of “remember funny thing”

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

okay, well, low key. but they enabled full debug logging in the kernel on their half-assed ubuntu port that runs everything, so now the ssds they use for the ecu/mcu are hitting their write limits and failing, permanently. meaning the entire system needs to be replaced, oh, and btw your odometer hasn't worked since poo poo failed, so be sure to note that on your insurance.

lmfao

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

move fast and break things*

*cars

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

car can't depreciate if the odometer is frozen *taps head*

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
musk personally reviews every tenth line of the kernel log

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

zegermans posted:

I still laugh occasionally at Musk calling a guy a pedophile because he stole his thunder by rescuing kids without a stupid steel coffin

all i can think about now is banks making a joke about its only use being the ultimate dildo

so i can be like my hero

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

baka kaba posted:

Bringing in a ringer to make the killer tweet the people are crying out for

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1130893326906007553

*me, working at tesla, talking to my coworkers* hey dudes, whats up? so you know how the boss says hes looking over every tenth payment? well now he hired a meme guy. this kicks rear end.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lol every bazinga dipshit they do this to thinks he's gonna get on the evening news or something

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol every bazinga dipshit they do this to thinks he's gonna get on the evening news or something

ah but you see they know they’re telling the truth about this unbeliveably uncharacteristic one-off example of low-level-peon unprofessionalism, unlike the 800 previous examples that were all teslaq fake news fud. their True Problem will obviously immediately grab Lord Musk’s attention for an immediate and satisfactory resolution

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ben Murphy posted:

So many choice quotes on ST (I post there too :cheeky:) but this is one of my recent favs:

it's actually victory wine

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/jjeswani/status/1131089727010926595

death by a thousand cuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol lowering the price target by drat near 20% JUST ABOUT TO TAKE OFF FOR THE MOON JUST YOU WAIT