Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whats ur fav Hamburgler Halpar?
Bacon Cheeseburger
Beef Pasta
Cheddar Cheese Melt
Cheeseburger Macaroni
Cheese Lover's Lasagna
Cheesy Beef Pasta
Cheesy Enchilada
Cheesy hashbrowns
Cheesy Italian Beef
Cheesy Ranch Burger
Cheesy Italian Shells
Chili Macaroni
Stroganoff (lmao)
Double Cheeseburger Macaroni
Four CHeese lasagna
Lasagna
Goku
Philly Cheesesteak
Potatoes Stroganoff
Spaghetti
Supreme Cheese Pizza
Three Cheese
Tomato Basil Penne
Deluxe Beef Stroganoff
View Results

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
No thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
It's 10000 percent not dehydrated I bet.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got beefy last night. Actually it was this morning but I was up all night. I did the bacon cheeseburger and I was not a fan. I put in the right amount of liquid but it was super soupy. It asked for 3/4 cups of water and 2 cups of milk. I thought that was a lot but I did it anyway and yeah, it was a lot. I had to cook it quite a while longer with the lid off to reduce it down a little.

It wasn't bad but it lacked flavor. Maybe do to being so thin. Nothing some Crystal hot sauce couldn't fix.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got beefy last night. I did the bacon cheeseburger and I was not a fan. I put in the right amount of liquid but it was super soupy. It asked for 3/4 cups of water and 2 cups of milk. I thought that was a lot but I did it anyway and yeah, it was a lot. I had to cook it quite a while longer with the lid off to reduce it down a little.

It wasn't bad but it lacked flavor. Maybe do to being so thin. Nothing some Crystal hot sauce couldn't fix.

No dick print in frame, very disappointing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I generally reduce all the quantities of liquids in my prepackaged msg oriented foodstuffs. Even ramen. Actually my kid taught me to dump out the water before mixing in the powdered goodness, then mix.

For HH, Cut the water by a third, milk by a quarter. You’re more likely to get al dente.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I got beefy last night. Actually it was this morning but I was up all night. I did the bacon cheeseburger and I was not a fan. I put in the right amount of liquid but it was super soupy. It asked for 3/4 cups of water and 2 cups of milk. I thought that was a lot but I did it anyway and yeah, it was a lot. I had to cook it quite a while longer with the lid off to reduce it down a little.

Make it before hand and refrigerate and reheat

HH leftovers always taste better, so just make them leftovers from the start.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nice work OP!

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Wish I was beefy.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
After reading this whole thread I'd like to get BEEFY. Not this week, I got drunk and ordered 3 veggie meals from HelloFresh for some reason. Cancelled the order like an hour later but they still comin'! I have leftover gyudon and I'm currently making Korean pork neck bone soup so it's fancy week this week, no room for HARD BEEFY GOODNESS.

Next week I want to get BEEFY but my childhood memories of the very rare times we had HH were of tasteless, greasy slop. Can't remember the flavor we chose but I'm gonna guess they are all sort of greasy slop and the lack of flavor was my mom's fault somehow.

What's a good intro to getting BEEFY with actual flavor?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

empty sea posted:

After reading this whole thread I'd like to get BEEFY. Not this week, I got drunk and ordered 3 veggie meals from HelloFresh for some reason. Cancelled the order like an hour later but they still comin'! I have leftover gyudon and I'm currently making Korean pork neck bone soup so it's fancy week this week, no room for HARD BEEFY GOODNESS.

Next week I want to get BEEFY but my childhood memories of the very rare times we had HH were of tasteless, greasy slop. Can't remember the flavor we chose but I'm gonna guess they are all sort of greasy slop and the lack of flavor was my mom's fault somehow.

Add meat to the veggie meals dude, pretty simple. Whatever it is it'll taste fine with meat in it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

empty sea posted:

How can Beef Noodle go wrong? I never had HH until I left the nest, so yes I was poor for quite a bit. It was a staple. As intended by their creators in the early 1900’s.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My rice a roni is almost done cooking it's simmering

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sid Vicious posted:

My rice a roni is almost done cooking it's simmering

You know you can add beef to that. Two pans required.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

empty sea posted:

BEEF BOURGUIGNON

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Oh yeah here's the rice a roni

And I'm about to get real beefy with it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

Oh yeah here's the rice a roni

And I'm about to get real beefy with it

wheres the dang powdered cheese

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Making a double pot of the strog tonight for lotsa drunken leftovers.

I had one box in my pantry and when I went to buy a second they were out of non-deluxe. So half-deluxe stroganoff.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

No powdered cheese but it's a drat good meal nonetheless

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Trip report: no discernible sour cream in the “deluxe” strog. I guess it’s powdered and in the flavor packet?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Beet Wagon posted:

Trip report: no discernible sour cream in the “deluxe” strog. I guess it’s powdered and in the flavor packet?

I knew it! Sneaky rear end glove...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Beet Wagon posted:

Then what makes it deluxe anymore? That is what it had last time I bought it. Going to have to get beefy this weekend to see if its a regional thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zil posted:

Then what makes it deluxe anymore? That is what it had last time I bought it. Going to have to get beefy this weekend to see if its a regional thing.

Did it have actual sour cream in it? How is that even possible?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

All it had in it was noodles and one pouch :shrug:

Got a nice pot of strog outta the deal though, so y’all are spared from tunaposting for a while

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like to say Stroke-Me-Off instead of stroganoff. Just a lil tip to help you become the life of the party like me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Nice save, the censure vote was overcome by mod chat and other nonsense. I can’t believe the moderation these days. Still getting a six.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zil posted:

You probably had the even more special Ultimate Creamy Stroganoff.

https://www.target.com/p/hamburger-helper-ultimate-creamy-stroganoff-9-oz/-/A-14774425

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Honky Dong Country posted:

I like to say Stroke-Me-Off instead of stroganoff. Just a lil tip to help you become the life of the party like me

:hmmyes:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Nice save, the censure vote was overcome by mod chat and other nonsense. I can’t believe the moderation these days. Still getting a six.

You should have probed me hours ago! HOUURRRRSSSSS!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Beet Wagon posted:

Also tuna helper is good and you can’t scare me into saying otherwise

Why, I outta...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Why, I outta...

He lives!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

You should have probed me hours ago! HOUURRRRSSSSS!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
The Hamburger Helper laws override the laws of god and man

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I cooked some beef sausage, peppers and mushrooms in a pan. After boiling some noodles I combined those previously mentioned ingredients with a pesto sauce and voila. Not a heathen meal

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hardawn posted:

I cooked some beef sausage, peppers and mushrooms in a pan. After boiling some noodles I combined those previously mentioned ingredients with a pesto sauce and voila. Not a heathen meal

What flavor of HH did you use?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I'm astonished at the lack of discussion regarding the Bacon Cheeseburger, Chili Macaroni and Cheesy Ranch Burger varieties.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I guess that is what it is, seems odd to have three different varieties of the strog.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm astonished at the lack of discussion regarding the Bacon Cheeseburger, Chili Macaroni and Cheesy Ranch Burger varieties.

We’re only on page 16

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I got 3 Cheese tonight to compare with the Double Cheeseburger that I had earlier this week.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Hardawn posted:

This man's begging to spend 6 hours in a well

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

I got 3 Cheese tonight to compare with the Double Cheeseburger that I had earlier this week.

Solid choice, if my wife didn't steal my beef tonight I'll be making some cheesy italian shells tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RocktheCaulk posted:

Solid choice, if my wife didn't steal my beef tonight I'll be making some cheesy italian shells tomorrow

You've gotta start posting pics.