Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dorf on Pentagon.

Fallom posted:

I was with my wife and she looks more intimidating than I do. Maybe the dude was just embarrassed???

Oh then one of you two should have been on cart watch anyhow. That was pretty much unwritten law during my marriage.

Bachelor shopping is the best shopping though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I wasn’t in uniform. I’m not that dumb.

Good man, you're learning the rules.

Separate topic: MLB should go back to wearing stirrups. Watching Cubs baseball and Women's softball side by side at the bar here made me think we should go back to the old days for uniforms

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Good man, you're learning the rules.

Separate topic: MLB should go back to wearing stirrups. Watching Cubs baseball and Women's softball side by side at the bar here made me think we should go back to the old days for uniforms

Yeah. I never liked the baseball pants that dont look like capris or knickers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Do throwback uniforms for an entire week and quietly throw away all of the "normal" uniforms.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Naked Bear posted:

Do throwback uniforms for an entire week and quietly throw away all of the "normal" uniforms.

Agreed. I was watching the Padres play the Diamondbacks the other day and I couldn't get over how ugly Arizona's uniforms are. Holy hell they are almost as hideous as Seattle's.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought that old guy gave me a weird look.

Watch, you’re going to be getting orders for the mothball fleet for ‘maintenance’ aka scraping and painting.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This conversation has been logged by the scraper bot and has been pushed into the queue for a nice Fwd: Fwd: Fwd from some poor data analytics contractor to an idiot O-2 to some O-5 to the secnavs personal assistant.

Enjoy your new orders Crab dad

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wow Salida Co. Is one of the prettiest places I've ever lived.

Cops here are loving stupid though.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

Watch, you’re going to be getting orders for the mothball fleet for ‘maintenance’ aka scraping and painting.

Orders afloat! Rad!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Wow Salida Co. Is one of the prettiest places I've ever lived.

I keep looking towards Park county because the land there is sorta cheap and you can be within a stones throw of BLM or forest service land. And it can get pretty remote. Buy a beat up old tractor, build a little cabin, scrawl profanity in giant letters into my desert scrub land.

Southern Colorado is just beautiful country. Can't wait for the next recession so I can pick up a plot close to the woods for relatively cheap.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Soulex posted:

Rain, Marco Polo, Peaky Blinders (really loving good show), Hell on Wheels. Ill add more as I think of them. Peaky Blinders would last you the whole time.

Thanks, I downloaded a couple of seasons of Peaky Blinders and Rain. One of my friends had been raving about the former for a long time so I’m looking forward to checking it out.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

If you haven't been there (Carrier row in Bremerton) place would be appointment viewing for that Ghost Hunters show.

We were scavenging parts for some CIWS magazine sprinkler valves. I don't believe in that stuff but those ships were creepy as gently caress.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 25, 2019

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Richmond, VA man posts a craigslist ad for a lost cat.

It is not a house cat.
https://richmond.craigslist.org/laf/d/richmond-update-found-cat-need-owners/6881185958.html

Babou!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SquirrelyPSU posted:

If you haven't been there (Carrier row in Bremerton) place would be appointment viewing for that Ghost Hunters show.

We were scavenging parts for some CIWS magazine sprinkler valves. I don't believe in that stuff but those ships were creepy as gently caress.

Just the Kittyhawk left and they took off her name off the stern.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hello my dudes i bought some wooden ring with a small cooper string and a zircon rock for the GF and a similarly priced damascus ring for myself.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Congratulations

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
current life status: why in the hell am i so thirsty today

killed off a large coffee and 2L of water so far

kidneys seem ok though

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vasudus posted:

Get your rear end on tinder.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vasudus posted:

killed off a large coffee and 2L of water so far

kidneys seem ok though

You dry up when I leave your life.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Husband and I are new to the home owner thing and having a lawn. We have neighbors two doors down that mow their lawn every loving day on the weekends. Every other day during the week.

Is there a reason for this? We’ve been noticing this since we moved in almost two months ago.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sarah posted:

Husband and I are new to the home owner thing and having a lawn. We have neighbors two doors down that mow their lawn every loving day on the weekends. Every other day during the week.

Is there a reason for this? We’ve been noticing this since we moved in almost two months ago.

he hates his wife and would rather mow the lawn than look at her

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sarah posted:

He hates being inside spending time with his family.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

JINX

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
They both do it though .... it’s sometimes her, sometimes him. :confused:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
end result is the same though, if someone's mowing the lawn they're not in proximity of the other

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
By chance does the husband work with propane and propane accessories?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Day two out of four at Lime Rock for the Memorial Day Classic. Sunburn is slowly building. They have us next to a line of Ferraris and McLarens so our second hand couches and “built not bought” poster are either attracting more passing gear heads or scaring off the wealthy potential donors.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Day two out of four at Lime Rock for the Memorial Day Classic. Sunburn is slowly building. They have us next to a line of Ferraris and McLarens so our second hand couches and “built not bought” poster are either attracting more passing gear heads or scaring off the wealthy potential donors.

Sounds like a loving awesome weekend tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Sarah posted:

smoking weed and mowing the lawn is a fun time

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Once a week is plenty short enough an interval to mow your lawn. If it isn't rainy sometimes you can get closer to two weeks in between mowing before it starts looking scraggly. Unless your yard is a literal golf course, mowing multiple times a week seems like a waste of time and money.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I had a little courtyard once and had a cylinder mower and mowed it twice a week and it put golf courses to shame.

Every other day, I'm not even sure what they are trying to accomplish.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Just the Kittyhawk left and they took off her name off the stern.

Wait what? When the hell did they do that?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Wait what? When the hell did they do that?

Probably sometime in the last couple years. She's being scrapped and her name was stricken from the register in 2017.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I meant more the removal of the entire row. Kitty Hawk had just been decommissioned when I was there (2009?). Ranger, Independence, and Constellation were all docked as well.

Wikipedia tells me that they all got towed to Texas in 2015.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah smoking weed has made all my chores fun especially the flamethrower for weeds.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh then one of you two should have been on cart watch anyhow. That was pretty much unwritten law during my marriage.

I didn't realize that having your cart dumped and having people go insanely aggro on you when you catch them doing it was supposed to be a regular occurrence. Empty carts are fair game but trashing somebody's stuff is considered pretty hosed up anywhere I've been.

Anyway, here's what I did after that weirdo ran out of the store:

Nothing is loving square in this house and I ended up having to spend 2 hours replacing all the shutoff valves and lines under the sink. At least it's done.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 26, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nothing is square in any house, it's all just 'square enough'. Unless you go all anal and do it yourself, but not taking poo poo like load distribution, soil compaction, foundation type/thickness/etc, roof pitch and wind stresses, and then take settling into account, because every house settles.

In a world of self-leveling concrete, laser levels and cut guides, home building companies won't use the drat things if it takes an iota of a percent of profit out of their pockets.

Good job on the shitter improvement. I genuinely like home depot orange though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm keeping the orange in the bedroom that came with a large skin drum and feather decals on the walls when we bought the house. We kind of just went with it and turned the place into something we could theoretically pitch as a mildly racist/insensitive Native American-themed room on AirBnB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just claim to be one of Elizabeth Warren's cousins. Problem solved.