Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Does anyone have any Nepali/Tibetan-style fantasy art? Indian fantasy art would also work fine, but I'm looking for those in particular.

Are you familiar with Kill 6 Billion Demons? Because you absolutely should be.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

McKilligan posted:

Are you familiar with Kill 6 Billion Demons? Because you absolutely should be.
Oh yeah, definitely. It's got some good stuff.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
This is a bit of an out-there and vague request, but I'm looking for the absolute extreme WEIRD end of monster designs. Some tentacles are fine, but I'm generally thinking less in the direction of Cthulhu and more in the direction of poo poo that wouldn't be out of place among Evangelion's Angels. I've got a surreal mecha campaign to run soon, and I need some antagonists.

e: Trying to dig up some things that kind of hit the right kind of Weird as reference:

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 20, 2019

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are you familiar with extremely good boy Zdzislaw Beksinski?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

The Crotch posted:

Are you familiar with extremely good boy Zdzislaw Beksinski?

I am! I'm certainly keeping some of his works in mind, but on the whole it seems a bit too grimy to get that kind of unnerving ethereal otherworldly intelligence vibe going.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

ProfessorProf posted:

This is a bit of an out-there and vague request, but I'm looking for the absolute extreme WEIRD end of monster designs. Some tentacles are fine, but I'm generally thinking less in the direction of Cthulhu and more in the direction of poo poo that wouldn't be out of place among Evangelion's Angels. I've got a surreal mecha campaign to run soon, and I need some antagonists.

You want big, surreal, and you want lots of them at once? You should try the archive of entries for the 2011 RIFT Create a Colossus Contest that ran on Deviantart. The grand prize was $800, so a lot of entries were made.

McGrim-art, McGrim-art, McGrim-art, Farkwhad

jackiegiacomo, PointLineArea, TomaszMrozinski, JunTan

ZsoltKosa, neisbeis, beastofoblivion, deccaart

Doguin, SaraLynArt, FerdinandLadera, Hamsterfly

Flint010, Davesrightmind, Farkwhad, Wenart

https://zezhou, JunTan, Darachusi, DClayne

Chenthooran, DeathBlacker, Xerxan, Dakarri

boogerOfOz, DanielDecena, MawetAgaf, crMeyer

Stigart

Let me know if you want me to keep searching.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
This is beyond perfect! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
You also might want to check out pretty much anything by Peter Mohrbacher, his work sounds like it might be up your alley.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Did someone say weird poo poo?

Abyssal Skulk by Matias Tapia

Bell Head by Lucas Leger

Bhorda by Nicholas Cloister

BioDemonical by Marius Siergiejew

Calmorock by Nicholas Cloister

Con'Laih by Nicholas Cloister

Creature Art 2 by Nicolas Avon

Cursed Hag by Odd Jorge

Demon by David Benoist

Demon Priest by Diana Franco

Dydko by Marius Siergiejew

Elor Than by Nicholas Cloister

Embryos by Denis Zhbankov

Faernych by Nicholas Cloister

Gakki by Oleg Kapustin

Grabber by Alexander Cherepanov

Hinodarthian by Nicholas Cloister

Humanoid Aberration by José Arias

Lord of Dunes by Nikola Matkovic

Monk of the Church of the Metamorphosis by Mike Franchina

The Conductor by Austen Mengler

Undead Pile by Ivan Sevic

Wollaghin by Nicholas Cloister

Wrong Cat by Roberto Pitturru

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/DerWaffleMous/status/1128972414862405633?s=19

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Still knockin' out pixel art mini things, compiled 'em into big 'ol messes.

Also an undead bear, and currently working on big-rear end bugs.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

McKilligan posted:

This is extremely good art.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Secret Machine posted:

Does anyone have any creepy, eyeless men with sharp teeth? Wearing suits would be nice and/or dissolving into mists.
This is basically a Myrddraal from Wheel of Time but I wasn't able to find one wearing a suit.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

McKilligan posted:

Where can we download the individual files?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I wish I could do pixels that well, I'd kill for some art like that in my RPG Maker attempts.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

my cat is norris posted:

Where can we download the individual files?

I've been putting them in the pixel art thread, should be able to find most of the individual ones here. Going to make a website for them all eventually, the plan is to have built in functionality so you can select which ones you want (and add in some palette/weapon/gear options for some) and output a PDF with double-sided print ready minis, but that's a long way off. For now I'm just padding out the menagerie, and I'll figure out how to code later. Haven't touched code since an old flash course back in college.

Right now I'm still working on bugs and beasties, but what should I add next? I'm trying to think of what enemies people would need cheap/free minis for most often.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 20, 2019

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Do some of the classics! Ooze/jelly/slimes, gelatinous cubes, beholders, owlbears, cockatrices, dragons, hydras, elementals, griffins, lycanthropes...

Weretigers and werewolves and other weres could make for a diverse and interesting series!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

my cat is norris posted:

Do some of the classics! Ooze/jelly/slimes, gelatinous cubes, beholders, owlbears, cockatrices, dragons, hydras, elementals, griffins, lycanthropes...

Weretigers and werewolves and other weres could make for a diverse and interesting series!

Already got a (legally distinct) beholder over here! I made it a little more Eldritch than usual, but things that reproduce by having nightmares shouldn't be 'beholden' to a consistent anatomy anyway.

Anyway, I update the pixel thread more often than this one, but I'll do a dump over here anytime I finish a horde of one thing or another.

Edit - Metal Spoidey

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 20, 2019

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Aha! I definitely took that as something more eldritch and shoggothy but I can totally see what you went for and I love it.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I wonder if it may be possible to incorporate these into the game files. That'd make my boyfriend's week!

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
iirc, BG portraits are just a set of 3-5 tga files with the image in various sizes. Custom portraits have been possible since the beginning, so there should be plenty of how-to's on the web.

Having the actually replace the existing portraits might be a bit more complex, but should still be possible.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

I wonder if it may be possible to incorporate these into the game files. That'd make my boyfriend's week!
Already done by someone https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75472/portrait-pack-ryoko-kui-dungeon-meshi-delicious-in-dungeon-portrait-pack-bgee-bg2ee-bgeet

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Hi there! I need some real dirt bag elves. Criminals. Jerks. Stuff like that. Thank you!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

PicklePants posted:

Hi there! I need some real dirt bag elves. Criminals. Jerks. Stuff like that. Thank you!

Insert any picture of an elf here.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Nalesh posted:

Insert any picture of an elf here.

I mean, yeah. I'm looking, more for bandits, thieves, thugs. Maybe with some scars. Something other than your normal pretty elf. A gritty elf, that you won't take home to Tolkien.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

http://www.christopherwestportfolio.com/

You may already know this one, but https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Iorweth

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Google "Scoia'tael concept" for some pretty drat shifty elves.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Thank you!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Witcher is pretty good for this because of its marginalized elves.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Space Skeleton posted:

I don't know if anyone even wants this but I had an idea for an image site just for RPG images with tags as a resource for DMing and finding portraits. I finally set one up after discovering software that does pretty much exactly that. You can put in for example: "fantasy cleric mace male" and that should, once all the images are tagged, show every male cleric looking dude with a mace.

The content is just the folder of stuff I have saved from the past 3 incarnations of this thread (I'm not fully caught up on this one though). Might be a few duplicates.

Is this something people like and might use? I could use help tagging things if so. If you want to upload pics or edit tags you can make an account. Also let me know how well it works, or doesn't work if there is a problem.

http://ragea.net/rpgimg

This rules

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I tried clicking that and it says the site can't be found. :(

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Same issue here. I'm excited to check it out and share with my nerd friends!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The new link is http://rpgimg.dootstuff.com/index.php?q=/post/list
There hasn't been a whole lot of uploading there for a while, but it's still a good resource for finding stuff.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Latest Batch - Beeman, a few more spiders, owlbears and a couple of slimes. It's pretty easy to adjust the color for whatever type of slime is necessary, and I'm still tweaking everything, of course.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I appreciate the inclusion of at least one adorable spider.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like your owlbears

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
All of those are great, think I like the owlbears the most. Might have to mix in some pixel art in my games.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I needs a modern mob enforcer/heavy kinda person, gender don't matter as long as they're decently dressed and look like they can both take and dish out.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

McKilligan posted:

Latest Batch - Beeman, a few more spiders, owlbears and a couple of slimes. It's pretty easy to adjust the color for whatever type of slime is necessary, and I'm still tweaking everything, of course.

I loooove the oozes. I'm a sucker for a good gelatinous cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So last page was great with all the Kenku, but one thing I've never seen really... Is a Kenku Barbarian. Lots of casters/rogues/druids and even a fighter or two but never a barbarian!