Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

riga gold for life
riga gold for life yebo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

pahuyuth posted:

now that I think about it, I do like sardines in water every now and then because I can dump a little Coleman's mustard powder into the tin and mix it up. haven't tried that with olive oil 'dines but I don't think it would work as well

this but frank's red hot. mash it up a bit and eat it on saltines

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Drink the oil

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Roki B posted:

Drink the oil

HE DRANK THE OIL

naem
May 29, 2011

eat the bones

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
"Eat the bones. Drink the oil" New thread title.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/8ooaONsSU2A

fisssh

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

2 layer KO jalapeño are always good. O buy some every time I go grocery shopping. one of these days I'll order the Tapatio 12 pack off Amazon, as no local place sells them. Too bad they're only single layer but doesn't matter, still worth the price I'm sure

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
For dinner tonight I sauteed fiddlehead ferns with garlic, shallots, and tomato and served it with KO Mediterranean sardines mashed on rosemary sourdough.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
drat I miss fiddleheads. Haven't eaten those sine I moved out of Maine.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
that looks amazing

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Male Tears posted:

For dinner tonight I sauteed fiddlehead ferns with garlic, shallots, and tomato and served it with KO Mediterranean sardines mashed on rosemary sourdough.

Stuff like this is why this is the best thread on SA.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Roki B posted:

"Eat the bones. Drink the oil" New thread title.

I would like this title as well

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The skin adds a lot to the flavor, something missing from skinless/boneless 'dines. The bones may add to the flavor too but they're negligible if they do. Seriously you could easily lie to someone that the bones got removed from an unmodified 'dine and they'd believe you because that's how noticeable they are in your mouth.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Tails are way more noticeable

I think KO Mediterranean were the ones I had with them. I did not eat the tails

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

The skin adds a lot to the flavor, something missing from skinless/boneless 'dines. The bones may add to the flavor too but they're negligible if they do. Seriously you could easily lie to someone that the bones got removed from an unmodified 'dine and they'd believe you because that's how noticeable they are in your mouth.

Ehhhh I think if you get the big 'dines you could notice the bones, especially the spine. Small 'dines are definitely harder to notice the texture of bones/spines. I eat the bones so it's a moot point for me.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Fair enough, I don't think I've ever tried big 'dine before

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
To me bones are barely noticeable in larger sardines like Belas. I feel a bit of grit for a split second then I'm hit with the delicious flavor of oily fishies. With KO brislings I don't notice them at all and the tails are yummy

If the bones bother you just mash the 'dines into an avocado or eat them with something crunchy like Wasaba crackers because you gotta get that calcium from the bones, man

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I think of the bones as tiny little dice, and on a good day they're all rolling sevens

eat the dang bones

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

so how exactly are sardines processed?

Do they actually have workers gutting teeny tiny fish or is it mechanized, and if so, how?!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Synthbuttrange posted:

so how exactly are sardines processed?
very carefully

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh apparently there's a machine that chops the itty bitty heads off and vacuums the guts out.

mystery solved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQp_wyYVzu8

all the noise I assume is from the dolphins working inside it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHksnzHtgA&t=29s
alternate machine with a waste hopper. :v fish head fish head

huh looks like it's a manual process for some places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpFjl8qeM4

I feel educated

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 29, 2019

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Only somewhat related by way of aquatic animal in a tin, but I found a can of eels in a sweet soy marinade in my cabinet the other day. Broiled them a bit, tossed them on rice. They were a bit on the mushy side, but I literally have no clue how long they've been in there. Pretty good for a quick meal though!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Hmm yes i would like to try that.

On the subject of other edible small aquatic creatures, I often find myself looking at cheap escargot at Wal Mart and the like. I see them packed in plastic tubes near sardines.

How terrible are they?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have some KO mustard dines (boneless skinless don't judge me) that I took out of my cupboard and set on my counter about a month ago and it just keeps staring at me. I'm still a sardine newb but I keep wanting to try more and more. Alton Brown has them daily I think. Does anyone know of a very simple preparation for these mustard kind? Cracker hot sauce? I don't have avocado or much of anything I'd imagine that I'd usually use with it.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
oilchat, just mix the can oil with red wine vinegar and drizzle over your greens and such. my goto is spinach, cherry tomatoes, and either feta or goat cheese. so god drat good

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wish I could do goat cheese and blue cheese. I know I’m missing out but my brain and tastebuds say “This is rotten - do not eat this”

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Keith Atherton posted:

Wish I could do goat cheese and blue cheese. I know I’m missing out but my brain and tastebuds say “This is rotten - do not eat this”

you get that from nice smooth creamy(or crumbled but still creamy) chevre? drat dude

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have some KO mustard dines (boneless skinless don't judge me) that I took out of my cupboard and set on my counter about a month ago and it just keeps staring at me. I'm still a sardine newb but I keep wanting to try more and more. Alton Brown has them daily I think. Does anyone know of a very simple preparation for these mustard kind? Cracker hot sauce? I don't have avocado or much of anything I'd imagine that I'd usually use with it.

Open it up and put the mustard 'dines in your mouth

naem
May 29, 2011

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Open it up and put the mustard 'dines in your mouth

this.

maybe toast some nice whole grain bread and put the dines on if you’re feeling fancy.

I haven’t tried ko’s mustard I bet they’re awesome

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I had it before a long time ago - from what I remember the mustard was meh okay but there's much better mustard to 'dine with. I remember there was a top mustard layer hiding the mustard 'dines from view. The 'dines by themselves were good, cause I love mustard. It would probably make more sense to spread it on some bread. But regardless just eat tha 'dines

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Mustard dines on spring greens salad is always a win

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I also have some Mediterranean dines. If I remember I think you guys like those quite a bit.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
My supermarket finally got Tapatio King Oscar sardines. I gotta say, the hot sauce completely blows out the 'dine flavor. I'll stick with the mustard or just oil sardines from now on.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah Tapatio is what I put on food when I don't want to taste the food. If that makes sense. It's a great hot sauce and it serves it's purpose, but that's what it's purpose is. It's not the hotness that overpowers either, it's the flavor itself.

I'm still a mustard man too.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah Tapatio is what I put on food when I don't want to taste the food. If that makes sense. It's a great hot sauce and it serves it's purpose, but that's what it's purpose is. It's not the hotness that overpowers either, it's the flavor itself.

I'm still a mustard man too.

I like hot sauce on all sorts of poo poo but these tasted like nothing but hot sauce. I had like 1/4 the tin before I chucked them down the garbage disposal. It was like shotgunning a bottle of Tapatio.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
It is a hot summer day and i don't have any dines to go with ny Zima he;lp

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

DiggityDoink posted:

My supermarket finally got Tapatio King Oscar sardines. I gotta say, the hot sauce completely blows out the 'dine flavor. I'll stick with the mustard or just oil sardines from now on.

Yeah totally, ill just add sauce to normal dines any day. They’re drowned

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DiggityDoink posted:

I chucked them down the garbage disposal.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Former DILF posted:

I took a chance on an unknown can of dines

I went back and picked up half a dozen because the price is hard to beat

Six large firm dines and its hard to beat that price. Two good servings of protein for about a buck twenty five each

i'm coming around to the end of these dines

i mostly eat them on toast or crackers with fresh grated horseradish

lets see what kinda dines i end up with next