Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rhjamiz posted:

Why are we pretending that Lain is dead?

Just let Lain have this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Meinberg posted:

Just let Lain have this one.

...why? Someone tossed out the theory that she orchestrated the bombings, which makes me wonder why we just don't care about the person who very blatantly knew about it coming beforehand?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Indroj you around?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Yes, what do you need Zel?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Whoa rude are we not friends anymore?

You got any thoughts on where I could find Achenar?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Sorry, I didn't intend it to come across as rude Zel.

I am not sure, if he isn't taking his medication he could be anywhere doing anything.

If he is, he likely returned to whiterock where he could be relatively safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey Zel, if I could get to the fountain tonight, would I be able to follow you?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SolusLunes posted:

...why? Someone tossed out the theory that she orchestrated the bombings, which makes me wonder why we just don't care about the person who very blatantly knew about it coming beforehand?

There is no way Lain orchestrated the bombings, I can't believe anyone would think that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

Hey, Zeal. If you're out there, can we meet? Got some interest in the CLA

I can't not leave Channelwood for a while, since it would mean losing ground in the war.

Also if anyone does come here, not that means you will be caught up in this war and be force to fight and choose a side, and won't be able to leave unless the side you are with holds the linking book out of here or you hold a personal book. I would like people to come here there and help the CLA, but I am not going to lie about the circumstances.

Also Azure Lain is alive? Where is she, we could use her help!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SolusLunes posted:

ZEAL RUIN
Again, earlier I asked if someone could look into the rumors of a blue meeting Ardite on Sa. Sapphire claim it was Lain, but I mean geez why would she get herself killed, that is silly.

I hope it was just a rumor born out of nothing or at the very least, Sapphire meeting Orchid though, and Orchid (a former red) became Ardite and Sapphire became a generic blue when the rumor shifted... as rumors tend to do.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

There is no way Lain orchestrated the bombings, I can't believe anyone would think that

chaoslord posted:

Here's what I see as an outside observer with experience as a guerrilla fighter;

Lain had a flair for the theatric and dramatic.

Lain organized a massive gathering at the fountain.

Lain knew there would be an "attempt".

Lain is "vaporized" with no body recovered and a linking book found in the fountain.

Zeal Ruin suddenly appears leading a Liberation Front fighting a revolutionary/guerrilla war in Channelwood.

What do you see?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

ZEAL RUIN
Again, earlier I asked if someone could look into the rumors of a blue meeting Ardite on Sa. Sapphire claim it was Lain, but I mean geez why would she get herself killed, that is silly.

I hope it was just a rumor born out of nothing or at the very least, Sapphire meeting Orchid though, and Orchid (a former red) became Ardite and Sapphire became a generic blue when the rumor shifted... as rumors tend to do.

Wait let me get this clear, are you implying it may have been Orchid?

...I can't see it. I really can't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rhjamiz posted:

Here's what I see as an outside observer with experience as a guerrilla fighter;

Lain is "vaporized" with no body recovered and a linking book found in the fountain.

Zeal Ruin suddenly appears leading a Liberation Front fighting a revolutionary/guerrilla war in Channelwood.

What do you see?

ZEAL RUIN
What evidence do you have she knew there was going to be an attempt? And what linking book was found at the fountain? Are you sure it goes to Channelwood?

Also I can't be Azure Lain, she is like 27, me on the other hand am a young resistance fighter of the age of 17.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SolusLunes posted:

Wait let me get this clear, are you implying it may have been Orchid?

...I can't see it. I really can't.

ZEAL RUIN
No you goober, Orchid already openly talked about how Sapphire met with them. I am saying the rumor I heard may have shifted the people around and evolve into a generic blue meeting Ardite.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Lain I swear to Rot...my heart cannot take this all over again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Hey Zel, if I could get to the fountain tonight, would I be able to follow you?

Depends when you get there. Besides, didn't you say you needed another day? Take care of what you need to do Capt.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

ZEAL RUIN
No you goober, Orchid already openly talked about how Sapphire met with them. I am saying the rumor I heard may have shifted the people around and evolve into a generic blue meeting Ardite.

Oh. Okay. That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Lain I swear to Rot...my heart cannot take this all over again

Look, Zeal Ruin is almost an anagram for Azure Lain, literally just missing a second "A"

It's Lain. C'mon. She doesn't have to admit it, that's her prerogative, but come on, man.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Depends when you get there. Besides, didn't you say you needed another day? Take care of what you need to do Capt.

There's nothing for me here.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

ZEAL RUIN
What evidence do you have she knew there was going to be an attempt? And what linking book was found at the fountain? Are you sure it goes to Channelwood?

Also I can't be Azure Lain, she is like 27, me on the other hand am a young resistance fighter of the age of 17.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Anyway I hope everyone looks forward to see the parade that will be going through the noble's district to the fountain tonight. Its a celebration of Brodsky, and I REALLY hope NO ONE PLANS TO ASSASSINATE ME

The book was to Myst I believe.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asiina posted:

Don't...forget what you promised. When you're ready.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rhjamiz posted:

The book was to Myst I believe.

ZEAL RUIN
So you believe that Azure Lain... gathered people at the fountain, a place that may I remind you plenty of people were already gathered for other reasons, publicly and repeatedly announce "I think I might get assassinated here!", used a personal myst linking book while on top of a parade float in front of everyone to avoid getting blown up, and arrive at myst and then headed to Channelwood unseen by anyone despite Myst being the location where the people who were gather at the fountain were going.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ZEAL RUIN
I think the question you should be asking yourself, if there really was another myst book there like you claim, then who the hell was it and why would they use it instead of the one placed at the fountain at the time?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rhjamiz posted:

What do you see?

I see someone spouting a crazy theory. The linking book in the fountain was collected before the attack, I believe, but it went to Myst anyway so I'm not sure it's particularly relevant.

I'll boil it down to this: I was with Azure Lain on her last day before the parade and she spent most of that day conversing with Eva. There was barely anyone else around and I believe she was sincere in what she said to Eva. She clearly planned an escape, but if you think Azure would be responsible for what we saw at the fountain, you and I just have very different perspectives on who Azure Lain was. Is. Whatever.

The idea that Azure would have a bunch of people killed and wounded as a cover doesn't make any sense. She could have faked her own kidnapping and snuck away to start the Liberation Front in Channelwood if that was truly her goal, because the reds and the blues were going to be fighting even without the attack at the fountain. It's a needless and deadly detail that didn't have a purpose if that was her goal.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

ZEAL RUIN
I think the question you should be asking yourself, if there really was another myst book there like you claim, then who the hell was it and why would they use it instead of the one placed at the fountain at the time?

Because I dunno if I was Azure Lain, I think I wouldn't actually be sure about anything assassinations attempts on my life and was just making a complete guess and never suspected someone was going to be throwing bombs and also I would just create a puppet and place it on the float while I was at the noble's guild and just use a Channelwood linking book while there and have the steward pick it up and place it in my office.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ZEAL RUIN
Look I am in a middle of a war so I would rather not spend anymore time on this whole "am I Azure Lain" business. Like my golly I sure wish I were, she is sexy and cute and smart and graceful, and I am just a brutish warrior trying to save her homeland... Anyway here this should shut down these impossible theories once and for all, as you will clearly see there is no way I can be Azure Lain... the angel she was...

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I don't know who this Zeal Ruin person is, but they sound dead sexy.

Laslow's laughter can be heard over the communicator

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

I see someone spouting a crazy theory. The linking book in the fountain was collected before the attack, I believe, but it went to Myst anyway so I'm not sure it's particularly relevant.

I'll boil it down to this: I was with Azure Lain on her last day before the parade and she spent most of that day conversing with Eva. There was barely anyone else around and I believe she was sincere in what she said to Eva. She clearly planned an escape, but if you think Azure would be responsible for what we saw at the fountain, you and I just have very different perspectives on who Azure Lain was. Is. Whatever.

The idea that Azure would have a bunch of people killed and wounded as a cover doesn't make any sense. She could have faked her own kidnapping and snuck away to start the Liberation Front in Channelwood if that was truly her goal, because the reds and the blues were going to be fighting even without the attack at the fountain. It's a needless and deadly detail that didn't have a purpose if that was her goal.

I don't know poo poo about Azure, so I don't know why you think I would be personally aware of her character.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

Snooze Cruise posted:

ZEAL RUIN
Look I am in a middle of a war so I would rather not spend anymore time on this whole "am I Azure Lain" business. Like my golly I sure wish I were, she is sexy and cute and smart and graceful, and I am just a brutish warrior trying to save her homeland... Anyway here this should shut down these impossible theories once and for all, as you will clearly see there is no way I can be Azure Lain... the angel she was...

Hmm. Well I can't argue with that

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

Kashuno posted:

Ah yes the known safe zones of Everdunes and Myst.

Myst is safer because access to it is controlled. Although I guess now there's a book at the fountain, so this may no longer be true

Everdunes is extremely safe though. First of all because the Chochtic have a checkpoint at the landing. More importantly, because it's Choani's people who will be hurt if a bomb goes off there, so she'll be incentivized to prevent that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bagshotrow posted:

Hmm. Well I can't argue with that

ZEAL RUIN
Also another reason I am not Azure Lain is... Andra I have a crush on you :love:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Azurelana posted:

Hi Artemis.

Is it ever going to be possible to link to where you are?

Have you reached a dead end?

It's possible, but I don't think it's a good goal right now.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If I survive Channelwood, I'd like to meet up with any Inventor. Just so that I could catch up on what's happened.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ZEAL RUIN
Speaking of conspiracy theories... Has anyone actually met this Rance fellow? Is there an actual person with that name, could it be a title? Could it be... ONE OF US??? Could Rance be two people or even more? Like people who are talking about Rance please be more clear about Rance.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

sniper4625 posted:

Don't...forget what you promised. When you're ready.

You sure about that, Capt?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey Zeal, if an exiled dweller like Orchid were to come through to Channelwood what would happen

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

You sure about that, Capt?

Things may be...resolving themselves.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

curiousCat posted:

It's possible, but I don't think it's a good goal right now.

Understood. I'll pursue a lead here then.

I won't be in touch tomorrow at all and there's a chance I might die. If I don't make contact the day after tomorrow assume I'm dead.

The way to follow me will open if that happens.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

Things may be...resolving themselves.

That's never really a good sign based on our past experiences.

CERULEAN, CARNELIAN What happened that you left and are now elsewhere? Is it safe there?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

That's never really a good sign based on our past experiences.

CERULEAN, CARNELIAN What happened that you left and are now elsewhere? Is it safe there?

It...is, this time. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

Hey Zeal, if an exiled dweller like Orchid were to come through to Channelwood what would happen

I think both the reds and blues would see Orchid as a potential ally before they officially throw in with any side so I think they would be safe initially