Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Man of Steel is great but after watching both The Man from U.N.C.L.E and Mission Impossible 6 last week I can't help but think as great as it is Henry Cavill was wasted on it.

Cavill would have been the perfect Superman in a better movie. He shows flashes of this on Justice League.

I feel like he's also the world's most jacked movie star, non-wrestler or football player division. He looked like he could crush Tom Cruise with his bare hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Cavill's mustache was the best character in both MI:6 and Justice League, imo.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Man from UNCLE fuckin’ owns. The cinematography is top-notch.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Man from UNCLE isn't great, but as Pirate Jet said it's extremely pretty (as one would expect from a movie shot by John Mathieson), and Hammer and Cavill have excellent chemistry. The script is pretty messy and it's never really a coherent movie, but it oozes style.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Cavill would have been the perfect Superman in a better movie. He shows flashes of this on Justice League.

josh04 posted:

Man of Steel is the finest superhero film ever made.

*Taps post*

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mam from uncle was one of them fun action romps that's entertaining but didn't really stay with me. Smug suave Henry and tightly wound no nonsense Hamm had great chemistry

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

McCloud posted:

Mam from uncle

That'd be the Martin Lawrence crossdressing parody of Man from UNCLE

Edit: I learned earlier today that Big Momma's House actually had two sequels

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also all of the costuming was fantastic enough to make me take notice of the costuming and remember it years later.

Not to diminish the profession.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I wonder if maybe now that Cavill will have some more time on his hands if we have a shot at getting a Man From UNCLE sequel. The first one didn't make much money but it wasn't exactly a financial disaster either, and with Cavill/Guy Ritchie attached they could probably make it happen.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Elizabeth Debicki was the villain in The Man from UNCLE and she was fantastic.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Elizabeth Debicki was the villain in The Man from UNCLE and she was fantastic.
Only semi-related, but she is SO TALL.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Crows Turn Off posted:

She looks even taller in WIDOWS, and they gave her a love interest that's like 5'4.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
There's a great HBO film from last year called The Tale and Debicki knocks it out of the park. She gave one of my favourite performances that year.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Timby posted:

Man from UNCLE isn't great, but as Pirate Jet said it's extremely pretty (as one would expect from a movie shot by John Mathieson), and Hammer and Cavill have excellent chemistry. The script is pretty messy and it's never really a coherent movie, but it oozes style.

Sweet soundtrack (songs and background score) too

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Having seen his work with Cronenberg: Pattison is a really bad actor. But he broods very well, so he might work for Batman.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Judakel posted:

Having seen his work with Cronenberg: Pattison is a really bad actor.

No

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pattinson loving rules. He has bloody Oscar buzz coming out of Cannes with The Lighthouse.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hh is godawful. Some people just confuse brooding for good acting.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Who would be a good partner for RPatt? I think having a Robin or Batgirl would be cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ironically, Kristin Stewart would be great, though I say this unironically.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Crows Turn Off posted:

And so pretty :allears: AND a really good actor.

I was championing her hard to be Wonder Woman before Gal Gadot was cast.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Aces High posted:

Who would be a good partner for RPatt? I think having a Robin or Batgirl would be cool

If the reported timeline is correct, Robin should be around, about to be killed by the Joker.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Aces High posted:

Robin should be a much much older character for a change.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bedshaped posted:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Ironically, Kristin Stewart would be great, though I say this unironically.

I could buy that if they were to go the Paul Dini route and have Bruce and Barbara loving but...I kinda want to pretend that never happened

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aces High posted:

I could buy that if they were to go the Paul Dini route and have Bruce and Barbara loving but...I kinda want to pretend that never happened

Or if Pattinson is playing Batman, Dick Grayson

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Aces High posted:

:same:

I'm not going to put that on Paul Dini as much as Bruce Timm, as he was involved in hammering home how intimate Bruce and Babs were. Which is really hosed up.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Or if Pattinson is playing Batman, Dick Grayson

Make Pattinson the Jean-Paul Valley version of Batman.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bedshaped posted:

Gordon was basically the Robin in Batman Begins and TDK.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm not going to put that on Paul Dini as much as Bruce Timm, as he was involved in hammering home how intimate Bruce and Babs were. Which is really hosed up.

whoops, got the two mixed up when making that post :saddowns:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Aces High posted:

whoops, got the two mixed up when making that post :saddowns:

Lol, happens to the best of us :)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It wouldn't be too bad if it was the kind of hook up that everyone knew and acknowledged was an incredibly bad idea from the start, but it's hard to resist a buff billionaire with a sexy voice and massive issues.

It was kind of a point in Batman Beyond and JLU that that incarnation of Bruce Wayne wasn't really capable of healthy relationships and if anything got worse over time. Or might be a case that they changed and grew up and he didn't. (It was a point in the first episode of Batman Beyond that Bruce's last caper as Batman was rescuing the now-adult daughter of Veronica Keyes, his on-off love interest and frequent damsel in distress of early BTAS)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It wouldn't be too bad if it was the kind of hook up that everyone knew and acknowledged was an incredibly bad idea from the start, but it's hard to resist a buff billionaire with a sexy voice and massive issues.

It was kind of a point in Batman Beyond and JLU that that incarnation of Bruce Wayne wasn't really capable of healthy relationships and if anything got worse over time. Or might be a case that they changed and grew up and he didn't. (It was a point in the first episode of Batman Beyond that Bruce's last caper as Batman was rescuing the now-adult daughter of Veronica Keyes, his on-off love interest and frequent damsel in distress of early BTAS)

Yeah, but people decided to double down on it, and the writers of the comic series, Batman Beyond 2.0, decided to make Babs pregnant with Bruce's kid WHILE Dick was getting ready to propose to her. When Bruce confronts Dick with the information, Dick ends up decking Bruce in the face. This plays out while Babs tries to fight some muggers, and ends up getting hurt and having a miscarriage.

It's really, really, REALLY loving bad.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/0...eyond-spoilers/

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I should caveat that I'm one of the minority who doesn't really like Batman Beyond. I like the Terry McGinnis concept, but what they do to the Bat family in the story is really loving atrocious. Having Tim Drake get kidnapped and tortured into becoming "Joker Junior" is terrible, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but people decided to double down on it, and the writers of the comic series, Batman Beyond 2.0, decided to make Babs pregnant with Bruce's kid WHILE Dick was getting ready to propose to her. When Bruce confronts Dick with the information, Dick ends up decking Bruce in the face. This plays out while Babs tries to fight some muggers, and ends up getting hurt and having a miscarriage.

It's really, really, REALLY loving bad.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/0...eyond-spoilers/

Wooow. Though from all I heard, the BB comics were gaaaarbage and probably had no involvement from the original writers. (like the entire show's rogues gallery was killed offscreen by a Hush rehash)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wooow. Though from all I heard, the BB comics were gaaaarbage and probably had no involvement from the original writers. (like the entire show's rogues gallery was killed offscreen by a Hush rehash)

Yeah, it doesn't look like Timm or Dini had any involvement in the miscarriage storyline. I didn't know that about the rogue's gallery getting killed offscreen. Just ugh. :ughh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I should caveat that I'm one of the minority who doesn't really like Batman Beyond. I like the Terry McGinnis concept, but what they do to the Bat family in the story is really loving atrocious. Having Tim Drake get kidnapped and tortured into becoming "Joker Junior" is terrible, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.

I'm not that big a fan of Return of the Joker myself, but the original show run was pretty great.

The dumbest Beyond story remains when they decided to make Terry Bruce's son because he had black hair and both his parents didn't.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While they originally didn't intend to make that twist, I'm alright with it. I've posted it a dozen times in the past, but Terry looks exactly like kid Bruce Wayne in the original golden age origin story.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

The dumbest Beyond story remains when they decided to make Terry Bruce's son because he had black hair and both his parents didn't.

Worth it for the Batman's cum joke imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bogus Adventure posted:

No one gives a poo poo about Batman Beyond outside of a VERY vocal subset of the Internet.