Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout

Didn't have the bodily coherence for physical work today so I moved my client work up from tomorrow to today, and tomorrow I can do another thing. Yay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hamjobs posted:

Jesus Christ, that 3.2% ABV will have you too hosed up to wear a skinny tie and be a creep in the office!

it's 4.6 and is the champagginee of beers tyvm

Peanut Butler

Hugh Malone posted:

it's 4.6 and is the champagginee of beers tyvm

yah its only 3.2% at the grocery store here, and that's not even true as of a few months ago as we slowly work at getting rid of post-prohibition laws

lol every grocery store and convenience mart still has signs up saying "WE HAVE STRONG BEER NOW"

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
oh dang I forgot about weird beer law states, glad they're working on it finally!

Peanut Butler

in the 90s, there were no sunday sales, and liquor stores weren't allowed to have signs aside from a state-approved design- you could spot the liquor store in the strip mall by marquees that said "????????????" and a standardized neon sign that looked like this:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just bought a gallon of local bourbon and I'm about to make candied pecans with wheede and bourbon for a thing.

This is a good job.

mactheknife

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I just bought some beer from a brewery down the road that might be my favorite in the country tbh

it was on my way from work, so...work thread

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:staredog: post the beer

mactheknife

Areola Grande

ah yes Parish brewing's bloom IPA v noice

good call on the plastic cutting board btw very handy

Goons Are Gifts

Some student dropped me an anonymous letter to my box at the office today, asking for help regarding a paper he was writing on. The text was kinda obscure and it largely consisted out of multiple empty pages of paper. The last page however was a close-up of a printed goatse.

My theory is that this student was high as a kite and also, is pretty much guaranteed a goon. So, who of you was it?

Areola Grande

:blush: busted

Areola Grande

:goatsecx: no ragrets

Goons Are Gifts

For the record, yes, I did keep it.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/peb7QMF.png:nws:

I can respect this.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

For the record, yes, I did keep it.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/peb7QMF.png:nws:

I can respect this.

Ah yes the work respecter

I hope it's hogge

lol but

body is a dinosaur
lol why would you ever go to work sober what woukd be the point?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i think i'm sober, but i'm not 100% sure because i have not yet attempted to leave my bed and turn off my alarm clock as i have hired ~farmhands~

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs there's someone giving away "Various unknown sheep fleeces" "for spinning" should I get them

lol but

body is a dinosaur

hamjobs posted:

i think i'm sober, but i'm not 100% sure because i have not yet attempted to leave my bed and turn off my alarm clock as i have hired ~farmhands~

hamjobs casually presses a blunt into the hand of every new hire and tells them to to "be byob" which they have no context in which to understand

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

hamjobs there's someone giving away "Various unknown sheep fleeces" "for spinning" should I get them

oh uhhh

i mean that's a real crapshoot by which i mean shoot, there's a LOT of crap in those fleeces. were there pictures? also do you have any open walls that need insulation and possibly moths living in them? because that's how you get moths. and sometimes centipedes around here. proceed with caution but it's worth a look at least. esp if there's castlemilk moorit or something like a nice soft bfl lamb.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

lol but posted:

hamjobs casually presses a blunt into the hand of every new hire and tells them to to "be byob" which they have no context in which to understand

did i just hire you

i think i might have just hired you

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

oh uhhh

i mean that's a real crapshoot by which i mean shoot, there's a LOT of crap in those fleeces. were there pictures? also do you have any open walls that need insulation and possibly moths living in them? because that's how you get moths. and sometimes centipedes around here. proceed with caution but it's worth a look at least. esp if there's castlemilk moorit or something like a nice soft bfl lamb.

I don't think I'm actually going to get them even if they were unusual (and they're probably not) but I just found it amusing. No pictures, just literally "Various unknown sheep fleeces".

Goons Are Gifts

lol but posted:

It's a recruitment strategy for byob as a whole tbh. Also works for other forums if you just start talking about certain threads or recent forum news or drama with no context whatsoever and while using many special termini that even goons barely know.

Difficult for fyad though, when you start talking about flags and a bee's cock.

Jaded Burnout

At work, getting irritable, I think maybe I forgot to take my meds the last couple days.

Goons Are Gifts

:ohdear:
Stay safe

Goons Are Gifts

Happy working everyone! Any big projects to get onto?

mactheknife

Goons Are Great posted:

Happy working everyone! Any big projects to get onto?

gotta hit my posting quota

(if no one has any research requests i have nothing to do, and it's been pretty drat barren lately)

Goons Are Gifts

Can I borrow you for some research, too?

Areola Grande

it's been a v stressful week so far at the credit union and i'm starting to wonder if i'm supervisor material after all (i'm not!).

thinkin bout applying for some different jorbs on my lunch break. feels a bit like my world is crumbling rn

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Goons Are Gifts

Do you think you are fundamentally unable to handle the pressure personally, or might some structural setup in the company be part of the problem, too?
Handling stress and pressure is not only a personal matter, but also depending on how it comes to be and how it can be handled across the board.

mactheknife

Goons Are Great posted:

Can I borrow you for some research, too?

whatcha need

Areola Grande

Goons Are Great posted:

Do you think you are fundamentally unable to handle the pressure personally, or might some structural setup in the company be part of the problem, too?
Handling stress and pressure is not only a personal matter, but also depending on how it comes to be and how it can be handled across the board.

the structural setup in the company is unusually hosed. the stress and workload resulting from the bad structure is trickling down to me and i'm starting to buckle and make mistakes

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

have you tried running out the building screaming, getting in your car, driving home, and never going back?

alternatively have you looked into stress management techniques and other jobs in your area? i know you have a house and stuff but like, if you get out of that particular town there's hella jobs up north both in kc and stl and the housing is cheap af up here. plus i know you've done banking for like a billion years or at least 18 so you have enough experience to do stuff like personal banking, etc., and there's plenty of that across the state.

Jaded Burnout

went home with a headache, upon review I last had my meds on Sunday morning, may or may not be related

Goons Are Gifts

mactheknife posted:

whatcha need

I'm looking for research papers and input about certain relatively specific topics and my boss is like, there has to be more stuff on this, and I'm like, yeah maybe but I can't find a lot of it, so if you feel like investing unpaid time into looking into academical databases, I surely have a job for you, as I already burned through a student doing that last month. :sun:

Goons Are Gifts

prepuce repurposed posted:

the structural setup in the company is unusually hosed. the stress and workload resulting from the bad structure is trickling down to me and i'm starting to buckle and make mistakes

That sounds like you might be super fine supervisor material and maybe your strategies are good, too, but the structure makes it unbearable anyways. Sometimes it's not fixable by you personally either, so it's sounds like it's fine to judge the company and not yourself for this.

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

went home with a headache, upon review I last had my meds on Sunday morning, may or may not be related

Don't do that, or I'll have to pm the poo poo out of you whenever you might forget it. :colbert:

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Don't do that, or I'll have to pm the poo poo out of you whenever you might forget it. :colbert:

I have a reminder in omnifocus but I'm getting sick of past me telling me what to do so I don't read it much

mactheknife

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm looking for research papers and input about certain relatively specific topics and my boss is like, there has to be more stuff on this, and I'm like, yeah maybe but I can't find a lot of it, so if you feel like investing unpaid time into looking into academical databases, I surely have a job for you, as I already burned through a student doing that last month. :sun:

ah - i work at a law office, so only have access to legal databases :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

I have a reminder in omnifocus but I'm getting sick of past me telling me what to do so I don't read it much

Past JB is right and good though :smith:

mactheknife posted:

ah - i work at a law office, so only have access to legal databases :sigh:

Oh I see, I always found that exciting though. Is the job exciting? I guess especially in common law countries where precedent matters above all else this must be one hell of a lot of material that each and every case could go through.