Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This is going to end full Heroes with May downloading Coulson’s Framework back up into not-Coulson isn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Ray no!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

:rip:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's what you get for not having a proper containment facility. Simmons would've known better.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'd down with May doing the Kazuma Kiryu fighting style of "beat the poo poo out of your opponent with whatever object you can grab."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Deke so much

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well that's some body horror :stare:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh my GOD

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
drat you basketball!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Mack had an absolutely amazing "you are a hosed up, weird little man and you disgust me" face.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Absolutely Perfect in Every Way

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Great stinger.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deke's influencer girlfriend is about as perfectly annoying as humanly possible.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Rocksicles posted:

Deke's influencer girlfriend is about as perfectly annoying as humanly possible.

Her Instagram story was perfect and that Agent is quite the thirst trap.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think "you have a hand, you're not Coulson" was my biggest laugh of the episode. The yo-yo (...no relation) of Deke being in trouble, surprisingly gruesomely badass, and then back to Deke again.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That was quite good. But that May fight was a bit hard to follow visually. I guess it's because they are both thin woman dressed in black with roughly the same hair length.

I want space crew back on earth and meet up with Deke again. I'm not one to speculate, but for some reason, I feel like it could be possible that deep down, Deke might have feelings for Daisy.

"Two percent!"

Also RIP new guy. You died doing what you loved most!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 1, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, if only the fast character could've accelerated fast enough to snatch that alien out of his mouth.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

RareAcumen posted:

drat, if only the fast character could've accelerated fast enough to snatch that alien out of his mouth.

That did bother me quite a bit, just standing around as it flitted through the room where she’s shown her proficiency with murdering at high speed.

I knew that spray of otherworldly bird-bats when the apocalypse crew passed through would come back be to important.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The last two episodes of AoS have been fantastic. :allears:

PierreTheMime posted:

That did bother me quite a bit, just standing around as it flitted through the room where she’s shown her proficiency with murdering at high speed.

I knew that spray of otherworldly bird-bats when the apocalypse crew passed through would come back be to important.

Yeah, considering the body horror part had already been revealed to them, I do feel like that was a bit of a dodge, probably for budgetary reasons or similar.

Incredible "Cordyceps, but even more alien" payoff though. :psyboom:

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

GLOSS posted:

I like how a complete idiot from the future is a genius in modern times...

Like Idiocracy, but in reverse.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Deke's still great! May wrecking people with anything she can get her hands in is sill great. Hopefully she fights butterfly girl in a Home Depot soon.

It seems like there's an off chance that Coulson, while the bad guy, is going around trying to save planets or something. I dunno.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That was so loving gross. I love it.

Also Butterfly girl is great. Loved her in 12 Monkeys and The Almighty Johnsons too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

That was so loving gross. I love it.

Also Butterfly girl is great. Loved her in 12 Monkeys and The Almighty Johnsons too.

And Spartacus

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Deke the tech bro is something I didn't know I needed. And pushing mushroom puffs over everything was just the icing on the cake.

I really like this season so far. S5 was appropriately dour with the circumstances and now they are just having a blast doing whatever the gently caress they want.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

i could swear that Deke-slomo Akimbo-firing was something straight out of an old trailer for Max Payne :allears:

also: I want a crossover: Deke Shaw & Gary Greene are all the men we need.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah this pretty much killed the entire episode for me. It was incredibly dumb.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That blood-crystallization remind anyone else of those crystal zombies from Metal Gear Survive?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

That blood-crystallization remind anyone else of those crystal zombies from Metal Gear Survive?

I thought early protomolecule infection (the Expanse)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Season 6, Episode 6: Code Yellow

https://i.imgur.com/cAVtyty.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Za3pFMQ.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/mpc9w5E.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/ZA8SRdb.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/dSoE7e6.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/BkXT1FR.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/LrUsUa0.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/0dnH1N7.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/yBeWmFI.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/0Zud58S.gifv

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Yeah it made no sense to have YoYo there considering her superpower. She should have been outside and ran in as soon as he swallowed.
I want a full on Man Mountain fight. Thank you to whoever said Snow was in Almighty Johnson, I was wracking my brain as she seemed familiar.

Also, Almighty Johnsons is on Prime. Go watch if you haven't already, it's hilarious.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
not enough love for that Mac fight, those punches looked amazing. Then:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

About drat time Mack could actually win a hand-to-hand fight. Dude's big enough to be a teenager on Riverdale.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Speedsters are so insanely overpowered that your two choices are to kill them off immediately like Quicksilver or just pretend they're too stupid to use their powers every time it could solve every problem instantly.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe Yo-Yo secretly wanted Keller dead so she could hook up with Mac again without the awkward breakup.

Or the Yo-Yo-force made her stupid like it does on the Flash.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

To be fair, the first time it flew off Yo-Yo did say she was caught off guard, but yeah, that was kind of a nagging point. Still another really good episode, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

It seems like there's an off chance that Coulson, while the bad guy, is going around trying to save planets or something. I dunno.

I've been on that team since ep2.

And not so much "save" the planet they're on, but more like try to stop the spread before the fungus bird population is unmanageable. Once that happens, Team Coulson2 destroy the planet in an attempt to cauterize the spread and move to the next because they inevitably miss a few.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Proteus Jones posted:

I've been on that team since ep2.

And not so much "save" the planet they're on, but more like try to stop the spread before the fungus bird population is unmanageable. Once that happens, Team Coulson2 destroy the planet in an attempt to cauterize the spread and move to the next because they inevitably miss a few.

Honestly, my hot take is that they're antiheroes trying to stop these things and are just so jaded they don't care about murdering randos any more. We're going to end up with "Coulson is still Coulson" and mmmmmaybe Sarge will eat it just as May finally comes around to him.

This being AoS he could end up in an episode-long fight with Mad Max Mack as Lord Humongus instead, I really have no idea :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe Yo-Yo secretly wanted Keller dead so she could hook up with Mac again without the awkward breakup.

Or the Yo-Yo-force made her stupid like it does on the Flash.

if an alien parasite bird is going down a dude's throat in front of me my first reaction isn't going to be "What can I do to stop this?" it's going to be "gently caress gently caress gently caress JESUS CHRIST gently caress WHAT THE HELL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

if an alien parasite bird is going down a dude's throat in front of me my first reaction isn't going to be "What can I do to stop this?" it's going to be "gently caress gently caress gently caress JESUS CHRIST gently caress WHAT THE HELL"

But it's AoS, that's only like the third weirdest thing to happen in the last couple days