Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I said come in! posted:

I really hope we at least get a release date at E3, but I doubt that will happen, just want to remain hopeful either way. At best though I am sure we won't be getting Cyberpunk 2077 until early 2020. At worst the game will probably be held off to be a launch title for the new Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

They are deffo going to do a GTA5 console generations doubledip, and I mean that makes sense tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zedd posted:

They are deffo going to do a GTA5 console generations doubledip, and I mean that makes sense tbh.

This is a given because Microsoft and Sony have both confirmed in the last year that for their next console, games still have to work on PS4 and Xbox One.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's still not clear whether PS5/NewBone games will be brought separately to their PS4/Bone cousins. It's entirely possible that you'll buy the game and there won't be different versions for each console. They'll just have settings, like a PC game.

Though I doubt that, because capitalism.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

It's still not clear whether PS5/NewBone games will be brought separately to their PS4/Bone cousins. It's entirely possible that you'll buy the game and there won't be different versions for each console. They'll just have settings, like a PC game.

Though I doubt that, because capitalism.

Nah, they'll do a clean break like usual. Otherwise devs would be constrained by the lovely CPUs of the outgoing console generation till who knows when. The only difference is backwards compatibility is a given because of no major hardware changes, so basically when they inevitably release Cyberpunk 2077: 60 fps edition with improved graphics and other stuff for 60 dollars in 2021 you know you're getting fleeced. Because lol if you think any major publisher wouldn't charge extra for improvements that would be trivially easy to patch in to the base game for next-gen players.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Depends on the engine. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were released on both ps3 and ps4 and it did a really nice job of running well on both, with a lot of room to improve even on PC.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Hey, it's been a few pages since we've laughed at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvgb5a7vuLs

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

What about a wireless option like Chromecast to stream from the computer to the TV? Honestly, HDMI cable is the best way, but I'm sure you could MacGuyver something through the internet...

Isn't this why the Steam Link was invented? Have to imagine you can pick one of up for cheap if running an hdmi cable is a nonstarter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

AppleTV can do it too, and the new update should support PS4 controllers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I said come in! posted:

I really hope we at least get a release date at E3, but I doubt that will happen, just want to remain hopeful either way. At best though I am sure we won't be getting Cyberpunk 2077 until early 2020. At worst the game will probably be held off to be a launch title for the new Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

i think it will be 2020. they might announce it for this year and then push it back again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ruflux posted:

Nah, they'll do a clean break like usual. Otherwise devs would be constrained by the lovely CPUs of the outgoing console generation till who knows when. The only difference is backwards compatibility is a given because of no major hardware changes, so basically when they inevitably release Cyberpunk 2077: 60 fps edition with improved graphics and other stuff for 60 dollars in 2021 you know you're getting fleeced. Because lol if you think any major publisher wouldn't charge extra for improvements that would be trivially easy to patch in to the base game for next-gen players.

i have heard ps5 is coming out in 2020 and is gonna be full ps4 backwards compatible.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

There's no reason for consoles to not be backwards compatible any more now that they're all x86.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So game has been definitely pushed back to 2020 because the devs didn’t want to feel rushed. This is a good sign.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Was it ever supposed to come out this year?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

steinrokkan posted:

Was it ever supposed to come out this year?

When they announced taking a loan from the Polish Government supposedly there was a condition that it be released this year.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

2020 is just too good a nod to the original cyberpunk, and only 7 months away. My guess is Q1/2 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

So game has been definitely pushed back to 2020 because the devs didn’t want to feel rushed. This is a good sign.

we don't know yet, but probably.

my hope is christmas of 2019 but mid 2020 is good.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

In '98 we played Cyberpunk 2020 and joked about a reunion game when the timeline caught up. And now here we are.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

parabolic posted:

Isn't this why the Steam Link was invented? Have to imagine you can pick one of up for cheap if running an hdmi cable is a nonstarter.

Yeah the steamlink is cheap as hell and subject to sale pricing on occasion. You can also use it for non-steam games, emulators and other poo poo too. You may have to nip over to your pc to alt-tab or whatever but after that it's gravy.

Some stuff (Forza horizon 3 and 4) had controller issues for me when I switched to ds4 but bone/360 controllers should be fine for ms store games.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 4, 2019

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If you have any smart tv you don't need a steamlink, just download the app.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Syrian Lannister posted:

When they announced taking a loan from the Polish Government supposedly there was a condition that it be released this year.

I think that was a technology grant, so showing a tech demo is probably sufficient for the conditions

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Claes Oldenburger posted:

2020 is just too good a nod to the original cyberpunk, and only 7 months away. My guess is Q1/2 2020

Yeah. At this point, NOT releasing it in 2020 would be just massive waste.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

CDPR also works on some hush hush secret project that is supposed to launch in 2021. It will likely be in a Witcher world based on some other comments.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Serious question: Do I get CP on PS4 when I have a pro with a 55" 4K tv, or get it on PC where I'm running an i7 7700k, GTX 1080, 32gb ram?

I'm seriously so conflicted. I've also considered buying it on both, but assuming I don't. PC or PS4?

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Zipperelli. posted:

Serious question: Do I get CP on PS4 when I have a pro with a 55" 4K tv, or get it on PC where I'm running an i7 7700k, GTX 1080, 32gb ram?

I'm seriously so conflicted. I've also considered buying it on both, but assuming I don't. PC or PS4?

I'd wait until closer to launch - see how it runs.

Preferably wait until someone like the digital foundry guys get their hands on it and compare everything. I feel it's a little too early to make a call on console or PC, considering we don't know what's being sacrificed, and if any of it matters to you.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Depends how good the mod support is.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What does that image mean? Pre-orders soon?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

If that is real those are some weaksauce covers.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Zedd posted:

Yeah. I kinda like how unusual and eye catching the yellow is, but generic gruff man looking away holding gun is pretty boring.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Tgent posted:

Yeah. I kinda like how unusual and eye catching the yellow is, but generic gruff man looking away holding gun is pretty boring.

It'll be reversible! With gruff generic female looking away holding gun

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Hook PC up to TV and use a controller :getin:

Or Steam Link stream it.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Kind of reminds me of the Bioshock Infinite cover

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zedd posted:

Tgent posted:

i mean they have never been good with covers. both witcher 2 and 3 have bad covers. gently caress, most american game covers suck rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

What does that image mean? Pre-orders soon?

yeah. my guess is either late this year or early next.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It comes down to marketing, honestly. I can't remember where I read it or maybe it's just some made up thing my mind conjured to rationalize why we have the dumbest loving garbage box art in the US but apparently games that had some sort or protagonist on the cover the game tended to sell more than if it had something more abstract or stylized.

I wish I could find a source but my googling is turning up nothing.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Jimbot posted:

It comes down to marketing, honestly. I can't remember where I read it or maybe it's just some made up thing my mind conjured to rationalize why we have the dumbest loving garbage box art in the US but apparently games that had some sort or protagonist on the cover the game tended to sell more than if it had something more abstract or stylized.

I wish I could find a source but my googling is turning up nothing.

https://www.vg247.com/2012/12/12/the-last-of-us-acting-out-the-end-of-the-world/

quote:

Johnson suggested: “I feel like they don’t put women on the covers because they’re afraid that it won’t sell. It’s all gamers really know – and I don’t want to be sexist by any means – but I get the feeling, generally, that they think game’s won’t sell as well with a woman on the cover, compared to some badass dude on the front.”

“I agree with what Ashley said,” Druckmann added. “I believe there’s a misconception that if you put a girl or a woman on the cover, the game will sell less. I know I’ve been in discussions where we’ve been asked to push Ellie to the back and everyone at Naughty Dog just flat-out refused.”

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean they have never been good with covers. both witcher 2 and 3 have bad covers. gently caress, most american game covers suck rear end.

the polish version of witcher 1 was pretty classy.

(i lost my copy)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Get some street artists to make you a futuristic graffiti cover. That'd be hella good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

When do I get to give these people money is my only question