Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SpaceGoku posted:

personally I think it's cool if mario and luigi wanna gently caress and suck each other until they only get dry finishes

a plumber who gently caress he own brother, a shameful plumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jazerus posted:

i played eve during the election but stopped when i ended up just wanting to sit in jita and trade while shitposting

I feel like this is going to be what happens to me if I play again, but there's really no other video game like it and I kind of love how tedious and awful it is. I wouldn't mind scamming again, but I'd like to gently caress around with C-SPAM people in it mostly.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

a plumber who gently caress he own brother, a shameful plumber

if two bros wanna blast rope all over each other until they both look like a crook apprehended by spiderman then I say: we should let them

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

So I'm playing the Anomaly Beta 1.5 and the world is there, but there isn't anything "happening." There is a trader per zone, but otherwise not many quest givers, nor places to get guns. Maybe I should just go with 1.4 instead and wait for the beta to be finish.

i've been loving around in warfare mode and most of the vanilla key npcs have at least a couple of dynamic tasks available :shrug:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Smash Bros indeed

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

in eve number really is good and easy to win because people are impatient morons but unfortunately this experience infects you with capitalist qi

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love eve being an ultra capitalist hellhole, because fantasy and video games are exactly where capitalism belong.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

turn off the TV posted:

i've been loving around in warfare mode and most of the vanilla key npcs have at least a couple of dynamic tasks available :shrug:

I'm doing story mode, and in the rookie camp there are some quests and other stalkers, but the other zones are pretty bare. Also in the beta I can't get the radar to work.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm doing story mode, and in the rookie camp there are some quests and other stalkers, but the other zones are pretty bare. Also in the beta I can't get the radar to work.

that's about what i'd expect from stalker though. the only npcs that i remember giving meaningful quests were the major traders like sidorivich or the bar man, the faction leaders and then a few static npcs like the hunter dude in jupiter

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cao cao betrayed me!!!!!!!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hentai Jihadist posted:

head to the barkley thread if you want to know wtf happened to that game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519798&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=228#post495578641

some ToGsters are posting and there is drama
lmao i knew this game was never coming out and typical small-game dev drama but i love drama :munch:

i never played the first one so i didn't exactly understand why people gave them like a million KS bux or w/e but it looked neat i guess

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

if i was going to find the other larger quests in the anomaly story mode id try going to the bar, the ecologist bunkers, the train station or the barge

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

turn off the TV posted:

that's about what i'd expect from stalker though. the only npcs that i remember giving meaningful quests were the major traders like sidorivich or the bar man, the faction leaders and then a few static npcs like the hunter dude in jupiter

Well I mean there is a lack of other stalkers in general. In SoC/CS/CoP there were always at least 20 or so other stalkers in every zone. In this it seems there are <4. Of course without the radar map it may just be harder to find them. I see references to territory capturing, but I'm not sure how that is supposed to work, I also don't know how to start crafting/reparing/dissassembling. I did kill a whole bunch of military dudes in Agrepro and got some good weapons, but not very much ammo at all.

e: Train Station there is one trader there and nothing else, it's weird.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i played uh like 14 hours of fsx over the weekend

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Frog Act posted:

sonic is a vital source of taxonomic knowledge for our nation's youth, who otherwise might never learn about echidnas and how fat capitalist caricatures personally murder endangered species

the planet is dying, sonic

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Xaris posted:

i never played the first one so i didn't exactly understand why people gave them like a million KS bux or w/e but it looked neat i guess

It is arguably the only funny comedy game ever made

The Bill Cosby bits aged incredibly well

Tokamak has issued a correction as of 07:54 on Jun 3, 2019

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

eve is a bad game

Percelus has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Jun 3, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ScrubLeague posted:

i played uh like 14 hours of fsx over the weekend

contributing to digital climate change fukken shameful

Dec 26, 2012

Well I mean there is a lack of other stalkers in general. In SoC/CS/CoP there were always at least 20 or so other stalkers in every zone. In this it seems there are <4. Of course without the radar map it may just be harder to find them. I see references to territory capturing, but I'm not sure how that is supposed to work, I also don't know how to start crafting/reparing/dissassembling. I did kill a whole bunch of military dudes in Agrepro and got some good weapons, but not very much ammo at all.

e: Train Station there is one trader there and nothing else, it's weird.

it’s mostly just harder to find them and depends heavily on the map. there are always a handful in cordon, garbage near the flea market+garage, rostok, yantar, and army warehouses. not sure about the cop maps

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Percelus posted:

eve is a bad game

well yeah it's an mmo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
me, after finding Dr Calvino's stash in Prey

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i saw that infamous Gaming In The Clinton Years video about Tomb Raider 2, the one where the video creator said "Laura Croft needs to have breast cancer in the next Tomb Raider game." he was truly ahead of the curve when it came to woke hot takes

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Enjoying Battletech but the fights are getting a little repetitive and I'm having trouble breaking out of the medium mech grind.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

Enjoying Battletech but the fights are getting a little repetitive and I'm having trouble breaking out of the medium mech grind.

progress the story, it helps a lot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i saw that infamous Gaming In The Clinton Years video about Tomb Raider 2, the one where the video creator said "Laura Croft needs to have breast cancer in the next Tomb Raider game." he was truly ahead of the curve when it came to woke hot takes

lol jesus, I don't remember that one

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the only good spaceship games is kerbal and lunar lander

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

freespace 2 is still sick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Freeeeeeelaaaaancerr

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

escape velocity actually

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

crossposting from the hot takes thread. bring back NBA Jam and NHL Hitz goddammit. and don't put the cool poo poo you can unlock from those games behind DLC and season passes

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/...r%3D500%23pti34

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

X!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

freelancer one five alpha

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

worried that two of our most beloved video game publishers, electronic arts and take two interactive, may go out of business

at that point we'd only have ubisoft and activision left in the lovely 60 dollar yearly brand installment increasingly gutted by microtransactions market. sickening

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh noooo think of the sports game publishers

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

im sorry i was being facetious, there are more than 2 good spaceship games. like Star Fox Adventures

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

pouring one out for take two, which only had a net income of 330 million last year

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
lol sports video games are the platonic ideal of "aaa" gaming

paying full retail price for annual roster updates
in game advertising out the rear end (like, the sprite® obey your thirst™ in game instant replay in nba 2k)
career mode is built around buying branded virtual shoes and costumes with real money

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

warframe has pretty good real money lootboxes in the sense that they're pointless and should be entirely ignored

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

i would straight up kill for some kind of unholy kerbal/4x hybrid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

get that OUT of my face posted:

crossposting from the hot takes thread. bring back NBA Jam and NHL Hitz goddammit. and don't put the cool poo poo you can unlock from those games behind DLC and season passes

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/...r%3D500%23pti34

i guess they'll just have to make millions on them by selling a finished product