Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I just picture a bunch of marines just popping into existence onscreen so the squad keeps getting bigger as they get more panicked.

At that point in the script they’re just boarding the APC, which means Marines are appearing out of thin air inside the vehicle. That makes it a lot funnier for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

purple death ray posted:

They're all xenos in crude human masks
Kramer and Rocky costumes, specifically those incredibly cheap kids costumes with the names on them so people know what they're supposed to be

Xenomrph posted:

At that point in the script they’re just boarding the APC, which means Marines are appearing out of thin air inside the vehicle. That makes it a lot funnier for me.
We never see them appear they just step into shot to say their line. They're not in any previous shots but they're in every subsequent one, with the APC becoming increasingly and visibly crowded. When the door opens they all fall out in a pile.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 28, 2019

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Splicer posted:

Kramer and Rocky costumes, specifically those incredibly cheap kids costumes with the names on them so people know what they're supposed to be

We never see them appear they just step into shot to say their line. They're not in any previous shots but they're in every subsequent one, with the APC becoming increasingly and visibly crowded. When the door opens they all fall out in a pile.

I’m picturing the Rick & Morty episode with the memory-altering parasites that become “family friends you’ve known for years”.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it did always seem weird that they sent this giant warship with like... exactly eleven marines or whatever.

i'm sure there's some background where The Company deliberately short-staffed the response so they could get their specimen but still

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Have we talked about the upcoming Alien prequel with Scott at the helm again? Any speculation as to what it's going to be about? Like I'm kinda prequeled out, but I'm also not going to pass on more stories in the alien universe.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well that's certainly something.

Ok goon project. We're going to make this extended scene. I have $10,000 to fund it.

The best thing would get Biehn and others on Cameo for their roles and then just sweded or due crude animatics to fill in the rest.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

frogge posted:

Have we talked about the upcoming Alien prequel with Scott at the helm again? Any speculation as to what it's going to be about? Like I'm kinda prequeled out, but I'm also not going to pass on more stories in the alien universe.

Thought it was cancelled, and googled it, and sad to see it might go forward. :smith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Final scene of Alien: third prequel:

INTERIOR, Maternity Ward, Earth

DAVID8, LOOKING THROUGH THE GLASS AT A NEWBORN:
You see, I created her, too, with a Special Destiny to meet and overcome my Other Creation because something something thesis antithesis this is all Very Profound, Audience; are you taken in by this profoundity?

tracking shot as he looks through the glass into the nursery at a crib labelled "Ellen Ripley."

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Owlbear Camus posted:

You see, I created her, too, with a Special Destiny to meet and overcome my Other Creation because something something thesis antithesis this is all Very Profound, Audience; are you taken in by this profoundity?

tracking shot as he looks through the glass into the nursery at a crib labelled "Ellen Ripley."

quote:

This is in a very, very special light and you can just see how this little girl would have taken in some very, very special information from this.

You see, there is more to Elly's Special Destiny than how well you understand it yourself. Elly may feel you must understand it in order for you to care and be loved by her but really, if you are a father, you care about your wife, your kid, your baby, and it is not that easy of a task to go on with the business of loving each other and trying to solve problems for them.

I am not telling you that Elly is perfect. There is something a little bit, what it is called, in the recesses of her being that is so much like an angel from Heaven that is quite beyond, far beyond even the very basic concept of marriage (though this child is very much within the basic...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xenomrph posted:

I’m picturing the Rick & Morty episode with the memory-altering parasites that become “family friends you’ve known for years”.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was picturing too.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

its me, Elly Ripley

e:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 28, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

frogge posted:

I guess it depends on if the studio is gonna let him do what he wants with it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Beet Wagon posted:

its me, Elly Ripley

e:

These Virgin vs Chad memes are getting out of hand.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Owlbear Camus posted:

This is way too likely

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah, I can see that's probably how it's going to go down, too. poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

frogge posted:

Woah, I never heard of this.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah... yeah. :smith:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

You see, I created him, too, with a Special Destiny to meet and overcome my Other Creation because something something thesis antithesis this is all Very Profound, Audience; are you taken in by this profoundity?

tracking shot as he looks through the glass into the nursery at a crib labelled "William Hudson."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Prequels redeemed.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

quote:

You see, I created him, too, with a Special Destiny to meet and overcome my Other Creation because something something thesis antithesis this is all Very Profound, Audience; are you taken in by this profoundity?

tracking shot as he looks through the glass into the nursery at a crib labelled "William Hudson."

David appears as "Bill Hudson; Born July 17th; Age 19. Died December 1st. Name Unknown; Height 6' 3". Hair is brown. A face without the scars and holes would indicate the death at an industrial accident; he had no arms, legs or chest. He was a bright, cheerful person. "

- Alien: Covenant:

DIALOGUE

This is a recording of a phone conversation between David and himself between 15 April and 16 April 2012. The time is approximately 1 minute and 54 seconds into this audio.

CAMERA STREAMS

This is a voice-over recording of David as he talks about his childhood, his mother and his father.

[The image of David is from the movie, Aliens.]

DIALOGUE

INTERIOR, Maternity Ward, April 16th, 2012

"I remember when I was six I was very young and there was very few things in life I missed. The first time that I went away on a honeymoon and I was five months old, I thought I was going to lose someone so I was happy to go to sleep on the bed and wake up and I saw a large golden retriever named Gus staring at me with its eyes wide open while holding my hands and I thought, 'Oh my God, this is someone I should see my father' and the next thing I knew, Gus was on top of me and he was licking my hand and trying to rub it and he was very gentle and he kept saying, 'I love you...oh my God! I love you...' and I was thinking, 'Oh, he loves me' and then I think I knew and I said, 'Gus, come in, come in, come in'.

"I told my dad what had just happened and I went right out and did some shopping and he was home and I didn't know what to think. The day that I left he went looking for me and said, 'I've got you looking good at our house and you look like a nice boy, but, you know, my mom has told me that you're going to see him as soon as possible and I think she had said this when she came back."

Not sure that Gus the Talking Dog is the right character for an Alien prequel but I’ll roll with it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Not sure that Gus the Talking Dog is the right character for an Alien prequel but I’ll roll with it.

Gus is the David-engineered ancestor of the dog the alien comes out of in Alien 3

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's going to have to be a directors cut where Gus is an ox, though

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here's a cool trailer for the game Aliens: Infestation on the Nintendo DS. If you like metroidvania-style games, it's a real good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbjped9gM8

It was intended as a tie-in to Aliens: Colonial Marines, and the DS game was actually finished around 2009 and was going to have a sort of parallel story to Colonial Marines' plot, back when the game wasn't going to take place exclusively on LV-426. The DS game's release was put on hold while Colonial Marines tried to un-gently caress itself, and when it became apparent that that wasn't going to happen, Sega said "gently caress it" and released Aliens: Infestation separately in mid 2011.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah. Coincidentally I just *cough*downloaded*cough* it last night. Haven't played it yet. I wanted to get some new stuff for the next time I go camping. Chances are I'll be alone so I need some entertainment during downtime.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:tinfoil:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Biplane posted:

take a hike, Burke
biplane ya know i... i expected more from you. i thought youd be smarter than this

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

You know what gary, I don't know who is worse: you or biplane. At least you don't see him flaming other people for a goddamned postcount.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I;m still thinking about thos Aliens.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
These people are DEAD BIPLANE!

:hmmyes:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Do you think Ridley Scott knows how bad the scripts are to his prequel movies, or do you think he's all "gently caress it this how I keep an unlimited budget to try out any filmmaking technique I want."

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

mind the walrus posted:

Do you think Ridley Scott knows how bad the scripts are to his prequel movies, or do you think he's all "gently caress it this how I keep an unlimited budget to try out any filmmaking technique I want."

I dunno but the trend of old filmmakers not knowing or not caring what made their original films good and fumbling the reboots is highly disappointing; George Miller notwithstanding.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

The timeframe is the thing, I think. Imagine, relatively speaking, doing a really cool science fair project in high school, getting a scholarship out of it, and then going off and doing whatever for forty years and growing a career as an artist and blah blah blah. Can you accurately recapture the magic and passion of that high school project when you're 60? Are you beyond it? Do you want to be tied to it still, or do you secretly wish the Class of '78 Alumni Committee would gently caress off, and so you barf out whatever is necessary for the paycheck and fade back into your life of doing watercolors of ducks from your porch?

Efb: George Miller obviously does rad watercolors of apocalyptic struggle and violence from his porch and does not fit my lovely hypothetical

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 4, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I couldn't give less of a gently caress if Ridley Scott wants to use the Alien franchise to tell a story about a Mad Scientist Android playing God or doing a dark-as-gently caress version of Chariots of Fire where we go to meet our Creators and they're inscrutable Lovecratfian idiots. Just do it well. He's Ridley-loving-Scott. He could demand better screenplays. Why doesn't he?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I feel like that's both the correct take and an unanswerable question, duder. We live in the sad times of cash-outs and unlimited cheap CGI.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I feel like that's both the correct take and an unanswerable question, duder. We live in the sad times of cash-outs and unlimited cheap CGI.

This is entirely true, which is why I am still shocked Blade Runner 2049 turned out as incredible as it did.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So in addition to Aliens, I also like Predators.

I also like action figures because I am a manchild collector I guess and I’m irresponsible with my disposable income.

For the past 9 years, NECA (and action figure company) has been cranking out Predator figures, in addition to other stuff.

A loving lot of Predator figures.

While I intentionally haven’t bought every single one they’ve made, I do have a shitload of them, and I think they’re pretty cool.

Believe it or not those are all unique “individuals” from across the Predator franchise (with two exceptions), and they’re all sourced from myriad things like the movies, comics, video games, and even a fan film.

What you’re looking at, in no particular order
- the “main” Predators from Predator 1, Predator 2, and The Predator
- the three from ‘Predators’, and the “classic” Predator they captured
- all of the Predators from the end of ‘Predator 2’
- the main three from ‘AvP’, and one of the ones from the flashback scene
- 7 from the comics
- the one from the Predator: Concrete Jungle videogame
- 9 remakes of the old 90s Kenner toys
- the 3 Predators at the end of the “Batman: Dead End” fan film

There’s four others I’ve got in a box somewhere and I’m not sure where they are.

tl;dr - Predators are cool too.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
If you’ve ever had sex, cherish the memories, because you aren’t getting any more with that on your mantlepiece.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Did those NECA DC comics vs alien/predator toys ever come out or was that a pr stunt that never had a prayer of existence

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Who is the short human with a predator mask on?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who is the short human with a predator mask on?
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Machiko_Noguchi