Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://twitter.com/snk_oda/status/1135714189635309569

or they will fix input lag

Hobojim posted:

So a japanese player/TO for Karnov's Revenge recently joined the Karnov's discord server and informed everybody that P2 side gets a frame of advantage on block or hit across the board over P1, and now a lot of people in the server are freaking out about it. I was unaware this was a thing, and it seems like most NA players were as well. I'm not sure how accurate this is but there are known P1/P2 differences in the game already so it stands to reason.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hobojim posted:

So a japanese player/TO for Karnov's Revenge recently joined the Karnov's discord server and informed everybody that P2 side gets a frame of advantage on block or hit across the board over P1, and now a lot of people in the server are freaking out about it. I was unaware this was a thing, and it seems like most NA players were as well. I'm not sure how accurate this is but there are known P1/P2 differences in the game already so it stands to reason.

Awesome

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hobojim posted:

this fuckin owns

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i've never even heard of this game

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

karnov's is one of the great fighting games, but i wish ryoko was better

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Merilan posted:

It owns

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Smoking Crow posted:

karnov's is one of the great fighting games, but i wish ryoko was better

Play World Heroes Perfect or OG Fighters History

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Merilan posted:

You’re missing out on some incredible poo poo. Although you might know it as fighter’s history dynamite.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Zand posted:

i dont think there is much reason to unless its something really simple to fix. most people dont care and even if they do people will come out of the woodwork to defend it and it wont matter. like when daigo said sfvs 8 frames of input lag was a good thing.

Well, given their last two major pieces of output I can think of are SNK Heroines and the Neo Geo Minis which had the unusably blurry HDMI out signal, it's probably safe to assu-

Yes, safe to assume that since it's probably being handled by a different team than the other two things and that they've been very responsive to this issue that they'll at least be trying to fix it.

I thought it might be something to do with the engine, but UE4 I guess got an update that brought input lag down to about 2 frames then that's not it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In Training posted:

SamSho PS4 is absolutely a Early Access release

100% being pushed out for Evo. I'll be waiting a bit before I pick it up, as hyped as I am. I'm not going through SFV again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Failtron posted:

Well, given their last two major pieces of output I can think of are SNK Heroines and the Neo Geo Minis which had the unusably blurry HDMI out signal, it's probably safe to assu-

Yes, safe to assume that since it's probably being handled by a different team than the other two things and that they've been very responsive to this issue that they'll at least be trying to fix it.

I thought it might be something to do with the engine, but UE4 I guess got an update that brought input lag down to about 2 frames then that's not it.

remember when neo_g apologized for making nak busted in kof 14 1.0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Think theres an sfvi announce this e3?
Capcom at xbox show, celebrating return of franchise...something like that.

Im kinda :stare: to see what follows mvci

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
hell no

also shame on you if you believe a single word in that extremely fake pastebin going around

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

hell no

also shame on you if you believe a single word in that extremely fake pastebin going around

I do believe Capcom has paid careful attention to the success of Flappy Bird Fighter.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Real hurthling! posted:

Think theres an sfvi announce this e3?
Capcom at xbox show, celebrating return of franchise...something like that.

Im kinda :stare: to see what follows mvci

They've got three games at the show that I know of, and they're probably going to hype up the Monster Hunter World expansion. Past that, it's anyone's guess.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Capcom seems to be making good games these days so maybe sf6 wont suck?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

Lol

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dracula Factory posted:

i wouldn't hold my breath

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its way too early for sf6 they'll wait until the next consoles are out for a year or 2 as always

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dracula Factory posted:

They are making great games when they decide to invest the time, people, and funding. They've been pretty clear they aren't interested in doing that with their fighting games anymore.

Do I believe Capcom is capable of making a Street Fighter on par with RE7/2, MHW, or DMC5?
Absolutely.

Do I have confidence they will put in that effort instead of releasing a gacha mobage equivalent of an FG for full retail?
Absolutely not.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

its way too early for sf6 they'll wait until the next consoles are out for a year or 2 as always

On the other hand it's way too late for them to do more SF5 DLC so odds are pretty good they'll announce they're killing it off and working on SF6, at Evo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah they're gonna give 5 one last hurrah next year at Evo and make it a big deal because they want sf5 to appear to be better than it is as much as possible. I expect them to announce it when signups start.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you're going to get a couple years of Ultra SFV before 6 shows up, its just the way it is

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RBX posted:

Yeah they're gonna give 5 one last hurrah next year at Evo and make it a big deal because they want sf5 to appear to be better than it is as much as possible. I expect them to announce it when signups start.

LOL at 5 having one more year in it

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i'm excited for 6 to be so bad it makes 5 look good in retrospect

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Marin Karin posted:

i'm excited for 6 to be so bad it makes 5 look good in retrospect

I was about to say "no way" but if you told me this about 5 and 4 I'd have been equally as incredulous...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm honestly excited to see how hosed up 6 is

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

mango sentinel posted:

Do I believe Capcom is capable of making a Street Fighter on par with RE7/2, MHW, or DMC5?
Absolutely.

Do I have confidence they will put in that effort instead of releasing a gacha mobage equivalent of an FG for full retail?
Absolutely not.

The only way we'd hear about an SF6 right now, I think, is if it's either an expansion pack built off of SF5 or they've already been working on it for a while. If they're going to do it at all, in the current Capcom, it'd be an in-house project with a lot of internal funding behind it, because that's what they do now.

The fighting-game announcement I'm half expecting, which has been rumored for a while, is an MVC4 as an apology letter for MVC:I.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/YUIOfire2304/status/1135671228872531968
Play the good street fighter.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wanderer posted:

The only way we'd hear about an SF6 right now, I think, is if it's either an expansion pack built off of SF5 or they've already been working on it for a while. If they're going to do it at all, in the current Capcom, it'd be an in-house project with a lot of internal funding behind it, because that's what they do now.

The fighting-game announcement I'm half expecting, which has been rumored for a while, is an MVC4 as an apology letter for MVC:I.

if Capcom is willing to work with Disney again they are absolutely out of their minds

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

No marvel characters, only functions. Functions vs Capcom.

Haha but no really it's the return of Megaman Legends

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Capcom Fighting Jam 2

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

if Capcom is willing to work with Disney again they are absolutely out of their minds

Things are different now.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Crocoswine posted:

No marvel characters, only functions. Functions vs Capcom.

Haha but no really it's the return of Megaman Legends

General Mills vs Kellogg's

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tatsunoko vs capcom 2

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Darkstalkers 4 with full 3D models

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rival schools pls

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dracula Factory posted:

after the new guy in charge of SF took over SF, the first thing he did was introduce Ad Style into the game

mango sentinel posted:

They are making great games when they decide to invest the time, people, and funding. They've been pretty clear they aren't interested in doing that with their fighting games anymore.

Absolutely.

Absolutely not.
this is unfortunately the reality. creating a shell of a game they can monetize seems to be a really good plan for them. it doesnt mean a good game is impossible, just unlikely, because how good an fg is doesnt matter as much these days when it comes to selling games.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the strategy for sustaining live services for a fighting game is selling extremely horny costumes (and then not letting you use those costumes in a tournament)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But that's not how they look in Alpha 2 :confused: