Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Space Unicorns or riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My steam list looks so weird without [test branch] beside Stellaris

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Did anyone post the Ancient Relics launch trailer yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUTgkVTl6hM

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm waiting for aquatic-derived species and rock/crystalline entities, myself

Ah yeah these are both good ideas

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Energy being species as well.

I was thinking about this the other day. They wouldn't colonize planets I don't think. They wouldn't need minerals. They would instead colonize stars.

Edit: This is basically playable Unbidden I know, but I spent more time than I admit wondering how they'd work as a playable species.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I imagine that a rock/crystal species would be like the (awesome) Bio-hive mod, but for minerals.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Ms Adequate posted:

I'd like to enter a temporal anomaly that spits me out one week from today thx

Well, did it work?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I need Paradox and SEGA Europe to sit down and plan out their releases a little further apart please.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Ice Fist posted:

Energy being species as well.

I was thinking about this the other day. They wouldn't colonize planets I don't think. They wouldn't need minerals. They would instead colonize stars.

Edit: This is basically playable Unbidden I know, but I spent more time than I admit wondering how they'd work as a playable species.

I kind of always wanted energy being species as an ascension path.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SettingSun posted:

I imagine that a rock/crystal species would be like the (awesome) Bio-hive mod, but for minerals.

Silicoids from MoO?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Space. Dolphins.

All I need in Stellaris is psionic space dolphins in exo-suits.

What's everyone going to try first with this pack? I've been doing a lot of Machine Empires recently, so I'm thinking of going for something organic and psionic, try to follow that new Shroud precursor.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I could see an expansion of unremovable <weird body stuff> traits

Also I forgot how much I loved technocracy's shtick of just not giving a gently caress about culture workers

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

So I guess I'm going real heavy into armor killing because a "Grand Dragon" shows up at the trash rat relic world and I guess I need to kill it now.

Also: any advice on getting anything out of a Crimer megacorp against the AI? They seem happy to put a few building slots on kicking my people off their worlds, so am I just waiting until they're out of building slots?? That can't be right.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have a plantoid governor named Bud Lite

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm waiting for aquatic-derived species and rock/crystalline entities, myself

Ugly bags of mostly water

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Nail Rat posted:

Ugly bags of mostly water

I dunno, sounds unrealistic.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Geshtal posted:

Well, did it work?

I'd imagine it worked perfectly, though it took 7 days to traverse the anomaly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kestral posted:

What's everyone going to try first with this pack? I've been doing a lot of Machine Empires recently, so I'm thinking of going for something organic and psionic, try to follow that new Shroud precursor.

I’ve got a half baked empire that consists primarily to support their hordes of Indiana Jones-esque treasure hunters scouring the galaxy for treasure and fighting anyone who won’t let us PUT IT IN A MUSEUM.

Probably Materialistic and Fanatic Egalitarian. Could be fun to do a shared burdens role play with a massive fleet of science ships

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

There are way too many pdox things releasing today. We've got a HOI4 patch, Stellaris DLC, and Battletech Expansion. My body is not ready at all.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm getting some slave-driving authoritarian butterflies up and running for the new DLC. I've cleared like 6 digs so far, and although the stories associated with them have been cool I haven't seen any relics yet aside from the Rubricator, kinda. There's a mean old skull-HP space dragon holding onto it literally one jump from my homeworld.

edit: punched up a little bit against one of my neighbors and stole one of his pops in a recent war too. nihilistic acquisition is fun, should have done this ages ago

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Got Artifacts! Installed it! Jumped in! Super excited!

Game #1: you can’t expand because the advanced start AI hemmed you in oh no now he’s warred on you and his plasma throwers eat through your defenses so you immediately lose “even” battles guess you’re losing your starbases that he claimed

Game #2: Here’s your first immediate neighbor, a Devouring Swarm, now you’re at war, oh wait, here’s a second neighbor on the other side, a Purifier, now you’re at two wars

Jesus loving Christ, rng

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
1) Archaelogist trait now real good
2) Set a level 1 archaeologist plugging away at a difficulty 2 site. He keeps breaking the equipment and on level up gained "resilient", presumably out of stubbornness.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Did they just crank up the amenities difficulty? Used to be a single holo-theatre would juice up a planet.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

aegof posted:

Also: any advice on getting anything out of a Crimer megacorp against the AI? They seem happy to put a few building slots on kicking my people off their worlds, so am I just waiting until they're out of building slots?? That can't be right.

As in you playing as a criminal syndicate? Somebody a few pages back went into the events, apparently there's a long cool down on how often one of your branch offices in any empire can be closed, so the optimal move is to open a lot of branches in one empire all at once I think?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Yeah, that was me.

Complications posted:

Okay so I was bugged by only thinking I knew about it so I went and dug into the on action and event files to find out how this actually works.

On a monthly pulse, the event crime.1000 triggers - this is closing a criminal branch office. When it triggers, it checks over the game and makes a list of planets with syndicate offices and a crime rate of zero. It then selects a random country that has a planet on that list, then a random planet in that country that's on that list, and checks to see if the country doesn't have the flag for closing a branch office which lasts ten years. If both of those triggers are met, the branch office is closed and the country picks up the ten year cooldown on the closing branch office flag. Further, the branch office owner then gains a ten year flag that keeps them from rebuilding on that particular planet for ten years.

Thus, if you're the only criminal syndicate in the game, you'll have a 1/[number of empires you've infiltrated] chance to lose a branch office per month from any particular empire once every ten years, assuming they keep a ruthless jack boot on their crime rate. As the number of syndicates and infiltrated empires go up, your chances get better on the loss rate. Don't just put one branch office in an empire is the takeaway here.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Performance seems improved; fastest speed now feels real smooth. Dig sites are basically just big anomalies. My first one gave me a whole 500 physics research, which was amazingly underwhelming.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

Performance seems improved; fastest speed now feels real smooth. Dig sites are basically just big anomalies. My first one gave me a whole 500 physics research, which was amazingly underwhelming.
Yeah they're way more interesting implementation wise than anomalies and I hope a bunch get reworked into the format (deep sea expedition) but the 500 mineral capper from my first one was a bit eh. A couple more minor artefacts or a tech unlock would have hit the spot nicely.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
First crash! Not sure what caused it, nothing was triggering when it died and I wasn't interacting with the UI

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Bug: I'm investigating a site that describes itself as "ancrel.21.name". This may be related to it being the second site in the system, but probably not.

QoL suggestion: when you click on the planet symbol from the galaxy map, if you close the planet window and click again it opens the next planet. This doesn't happen with sites, which means you have to drag the first site window out of the way and click again if you want to see site #2 from galaxy map clicking. It would be nice if it worked like planets.

Not sure if it's intended: You can't, as a Driven Assimilator, set a world as a Farming world.

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 4, 2019

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I tried to pre order from the Paradox site but it kept rejecting my card. Are they still having issues with accepting Australian cards? I know they had that issue a while ago so I ended up getting the DLC on Steam this time.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

skeleton warrior posted:

Got Artifacts! Installed it! Jumped in! Super excited!

Game #1: you can’t expand because the advanced start AI hemmed you in oh no now he’s warred on you and his plasma throwers eat through your defenses so you immediately lose “even” battles guess you’re losing your starbases that he claimed

Game #2: Here’s your first immediate neighbor, a Devouring Swarm, now you’re at war, oh wait, here’s a second neighbor on the other side, a Purifier, now you’re at two wars

Jesus loving Christ, rng

When starting a game, get the Console up and remove fog and look at your neighbors.
Will save you time

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I mean you can just fight them too. They're hardly unbeatable, and even the genocidal AI will basically never declare war on you until you share a border which leaves plenty of time to prep.

Sometimes you die, but not always.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

I mean you can just fight them too. They're hardly unbeatable, and even the genocidal AI will basically never declare war on you until you share a border which leaves plenty of time to prep.

In my current game, an anomaly identified a fanatical purifier almost on the opposite end of the galaxy from me - that was the first alien contact, so like 2210 or something.

They are still opposite end of the galaxy, it's 2250, they have no wormholes, and they declared war on me. Neither of us has actually explored a path to the other.

I'm also getting tons of NAP, defensive, commercial, and research pacts from just about everyone (I'm fanatic xenophile) whereas pre-patch, distance would've had them say no.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

PittTheElder posted:

the lack of hippo people is also upsetting

same but aquatic fish people

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Also started a new job and can't play ancient relics until this weekend, should I just end it now?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

PittTheElder posted:

Third game: FP half the galaxy away declares war on me, I'm like, he's half the galaxy away whatever, we've got generations until we touch

Three years later, a fleet twice my size shows up, rolls through my stars taking them all over while my fleet is on the complete other side of my empire dealing with minebots

So, yeah, that didn't work

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm lawling at those who say their first rewards were fairly underwhelming. My first completed quest chain netted me 4000 credits and some minor relics, my second completed chain (that happened to be in the neighbouring system to my homeworld) netted me a loving Titan class starship - it's 2237 and this one ship likely has more fleet strength than every other normal empire combined. It's about to suck to be my neighbour...

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Yeah, the Titan is probably too good for forty
years into the game. :/

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
It's been so long since I played without Guilli's mod, I just keep staring at planets trying to figure out why they seem so empty..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I started a new galaxy with Guilli's on in case it wouldn't cause a crash, and it hasn't...yet!