Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Joestar posted:

consider: water/ghost

Only thing worse than Water Type Spies are Sea ghost Spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Still gonna miss mega evolutions for actually being evolutions, dynamax seems as generic as z moves. :(
At least Z-moves had the awesome pose intros and cool animations. Dynamax is just "get big."

I will say though, if it is balanced at all for competitive play it is gonna be hype as hell in tournaments.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

It looks like a single-stage mon to me.

e: or the final stage of a smaller crow. Corvisquire or whatever.

How was Talonflame's line revealed?

Although, you might not be wrong, given that it's used as a taxi. If it was a pidgy of it's line it'd probably not be a taxi. Unless it's evolution was too big and spiky? Single stage would surprise me, since just about every game has had a 3 stage bird revealed early on.

e: I'm still hoping on some new type combos like fire/grass and fire/water.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you dynamax in doubles do they both get big or just one

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Who else immediately thought of Dynamaxing Wailord just to see what happens?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Crabtree posted:

Don't make Wooloos fight, they are friendly little fluffly things that just wanna have friends and be safe.

Contests will be brought back just for Woololo. Either that or a new not-Contest type of competition where you compete by rolling your pokes down a hill a la regional cheese/pumpkin/etc rolling competitions. All Pokemon can compete but obviously already round ones like Woololo, Jigglypuff, Togedemaru, etc get bonuses to roly-polyness.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Supersonic Shine posted:

Who else immediately thought of Dynamaxing Wailord just to see what happens?
If you Dynamax a Wailord, the whole planet becomes the Splash Zone.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So aside from the obvious Steel, any guesses on the types of the new Legendaries?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oxyclean posted:

How was Talonflame's line revealed?

A random wireframe model a guy was working on before the game titles were even announced.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Rudoku posted:

A random wireframe model a guy was working on before the game titles were even announced.

Wasn't that Pikipek?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

So aside from the obvious Steel, any guesses on the types of the new Legendaries?

dog

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Procrastine posted:

Wasn't that Pikipek?

I remember it happening during that huge drought between BW2 and X&Y.

E: But I was wrong. I just checked. You're right.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 5, 2019

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Watch them pull a Sun/Moon, and neither legendary is Steel.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

glitchwraith posted:

Watch them pull a Sun/Moon, and neither legendary is Steel.

Wha?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Contests will be brought back just for Woololo. Either that or a new not-Contest type of competition where you compete by rolling your pokes down a hill a la regional cheese/pumpkin/etc rolling competitions. All Pokemon can compete but obviously already round ones like Woololo, Jigglypuff, Togedemaru, etc get bonuses to roly-polyness.

Other factors influencing roly-polyness: weight (heavy Pokemon roll faster), smoothness (smoother Pokemon roll faster), symmetry (asymmetrical Pokemon tend to veer off course; you choose which axis to roll your Pokemon around as some have symmetry across one axis and not another).

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I am offended by this tweet as both are good.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

why does wooloo have the eyes of a robot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
my knee jerk probably biased fanboy thoughts:

-Dynamaxing is kinda fun just by virtue of BIG GROOKEY and poo poo looking so funny, we're never getting more Megas and I think it's more neat than Z moves so I'll call it fine.

-Region looks lovely, I dig the arena finally being packed and feeling like a proper big event for gyms.

-Wooloo is my baby

-That flower pokemon is also pretty cool

-Edgy Bird is deeply boring but whatever it's our taxi so yay for death to HMs being kept

-Woof those legendaries are boring, which blue dog with a single accessory do you like, kids, the one holding a knife or the one who got in the trash and got some stuff around his neck? The inevitable third cooler one/fusion form better be cool.

-Poke-Raids seem neat

-Champ looks cool, Hop is gonna be more hated than Hau

-Look man I just want more pokemon, I'm a fanboy and unless a game looks actively lovely I'm not gonna pretend I won't be preordering this gen.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
wooloo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Big fan on turning cool and good friends into kaiju version to enhance their bloodsport capabilities for a sycophant crowd

N was right

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Assistant girl is best girl.
The design of those legendary Pokemon suck.
I'm gonna make a team with Sobble and Wooloo and protect them.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

sexpig by night posted:

-Edgy Bird is deeply boring but whatever it's our taxi so yay for death to HMs being kept

-Woof those legendaries are boring, which blue dog with a single accessory do you like, kids, the one holding a knife or the one who got in the trash and got some stuff around his neck? The inevitable third cooler one/fusion form better be cool.

These are terrible takes, yikes

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Vegetable posted:

It has the eyes of a regular sheep. Sheep, just like goats and horses and a bunch of other animals, have creepy rectangular pupils. They are part of what makes most people think goats are creepy because you can more often see them on goats while horses and sheep tend to have dark eyes so you can't see the pupil. I think on Woololo they look cute though :kimchi:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sad that Gamefreak can't innovate beyond "Pokemon, but bigger!"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Drednaw rules and I will take my chompy boi with me everywhere in Galar.

RIP Sobble

Also Birdknight is cool but looks kinda off?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I know goats have weird horizontal pupils like that, dunno if it's the case for sheep too?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1136283336022925314

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Big fan on turning cool and good friends into kaiju version to enhance their bloodsport capabilities for a sycophant crowd

N was right

:hai:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:discourse:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

N was right

unironically same

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Crossposting from the Switch thread:

I have very little to say about Pokemon, but these tweets encapsulate my feelings.

https://twitter.com/8_bitminiboss/status/1136280164243890176

https://twitter.com/8_bitminiboss/status/1136282913849335809

https://twitter.com/8_bitminiboss/status/1136284851177263104

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Oxyclean posted:

I know goats have weird horizontal pupils like that, dunno if it's the case for sheep too?

It is definitely the case with sheep too. Goats are more likely than sheep to have light coloured eyes and look at a camera close up though so you're more likely to notice the weird rectangular pupils on them.

Source: I have looked at lots of sheep and goats close up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

King of Solomon posted:

These are terrible takes, yikes

I'll admit the bird can grow on me but both those doggos look like more 'not real box art legendaries but more side legendary/unique pokemon you find in the story.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Source: I have looked at lots of sheep and goats close up
Nobody wants to hear about your proclivities.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I really hope Scorbunny isn't a fighting type... I was hoping for it to be a special attacker since all the other members on Team Bunny (Lopunny/Diggersby/Azumarill) are physical attackers but I guess it's not meant to be.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

sexpig by night posted:

I'll admit the bird can grow on me but both those doggos look like more 'not real box art legendaries but more side legendary/unique pokemon you find in the story.

The bird is great, Pokemon Sif is amazing, shield dog is basically fine and about as good of a way to handle that as you're going to get.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If Zamazenta doesn't get Skull Bash I will bring a Delibird to every single raid

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Chocolate Bunny posted:

I really hope Scorbunny isn't a fighting type... I was hoping for it to be a special attacker since all the other members on Team Bunny (Lopunny/Diggersby/Azumarill) are physical attackers but I guess it's not meant to be.

Not definitive but not a good start:

https://twitter.com/DPPt_Shitpost/status/1136277387166048256?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Corviknight busses you around between towns.

It's a Knight Bus.