Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I appreciate that the 4th answer was to pick one of the two sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

But this does mean exiling the reds, but I have got the blues to agree that it would only be one month, and I got the entire CLA army leadership, including me, to also agree to exile themselves as a symbol of solidarity for this month.

Vermilion Jarlis

This is ridiculous and you know it! One month of exile?! What would that achieve, exactly?

Why should the Dwellers of the Lookout be the ones who are exiled from their homes just because the blues' leader was the first to fall in combat?

You brought in outsiders to win a civil war for you without telling them which side they were fighting for.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Snooze Cruise posted:

Basically the way I see it was this:
1. Blues wins, exile reds, it all sucks forever now
2. Reds wins, exile blues, it all sucks forever now
3. CLA wins, blue and red leadership both likely dead, either ineffectively try to pass through reform which eventually leads back to the status quo for antoher civil war down the line, or force myself as a dictator on both groups
4. CLA controlling the blues wins, 1 month exile, have the support of the blues to push through reform, hopefully can also have Vermilion get support of the reds to push through reform.

I was hoping to ask Vermilion to act as interim blue leader in my force exile, in which case I would name him a honorary blue as a symbol of "hey lets all work together you gently caress faces"
I figure they might not accept that, in which case I would offer it to you since you are exiled from both groups, and it would also set a precedent of those who have been exile of coming back to these lands.

The blues hate me, even moreso their usual. After my fight with Cobalt, my low reputation with the blues plummeted. I doubt they’d want me acting as their leader, even if it is for a short time.

Plus I’m opposed to red and blue existing in general. So long as the colour divide exists, nothing will change.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

write another age imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This is ridiculous and you know it! One month of exile?! What would that achieve, exactly?

Why should the Dwellers of the Lookout be the ones who are exiled from their homes just because the blues' leader was the first to fall in combat?

You brought in outsiders to win a civil war for you without telling them which side they were fighting for.

He's got a point.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

write another age imo

Who are you going to get to do that? Gehn? His idiot grandsons? His idiot son?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

It would achieve nothing. Its pointless. I don't agree with it.
But what would you rather me do? Win as CLA and force myself as dictator, with Burg and Sapphire both dead?

Also the uh, outsiders in my ranks seem fine with my decision.

jimmydalad posted:

The blues hate me, even moreso their usual. After my fight with Cobalt, my low reputation with the blues plummeted. I doubt they’d want me acting as their leader, even if it is for a short time.

Plus I’m opposed to red and blue existing in general. So long as the colour divide exists, nothing will change.

That can't change over night. These people were hollow out by Sirrus and Achenar, and the only thing they have left is the colors. That is something we have to change slowly, and I already have ideas on how to work in that direction that I will get on paper soon.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

SolusLunes posted:

Who are you going to get to do that? Gehn? His idiot grandsons? His idiot son?

Atrus is probably the least idiotic of those three, even if the brains of the operation is probably his wife who is who knows where.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Also, part of the reason the reds got so pissed off was that Sa kept on prioritising Blues in their eyes. The Oasis being upgraded, for example, and the fact that a Blue was elected to lead the nobles guild. Now you’re telling them to be exiled. That isn’t going to endear them anytime soon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also Vermilion you are like... currently fighting for a side that wants to permanently exile the blues.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

Also Vermilion you are like... currently fighting for a side that wants to permanently exile the blues.

How about this, challenge Burg to a duel and win, get the reds to agree to a one month exile instead like I have, and I will let you win this war.

That is how much I believe in this fourth option.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

write another age imo

Vermilion Jarlis

You all may laugh at how simple this sounds, but how hard would it be to write two identical Channelwood Ages, one for each color of Dweller to occupy wholly on their own?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Zanz is right. Your fourth option is to just choose a side.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

Also, part of the reason the reds got so pissed off was that Sa kept on prioritising Blues in their eyes. The Oasis being upgraded, for example,

I still think it’s weird they got so pissed about this when Vermillion was one of the main people who helped make that decision.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

You all may laugh at how simple this sounds, but how hard would it be to write two identical Channelwood Ages, one for each color of Dweller to occupy wholly on their own?

...impossible, unfortunately.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Zanz is right. Your fourth option is to just choose a side.

Except it isn't, CLA was always about not permanently exiling either side, and getting rid of the Blue and Red leadership who lead us to this.
Again, would you rather me act as dictator?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Snooze Cruise posted:

Except it isn't, CLA was always about not permanently exiling either side, and getting rid of the Blue and Red leadership who lead us to this.

it's called an interim government

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

...if neither side was willing to consider peace otherwise, an interim government that is neutral is not the worst idea. Especially one that comes from within your ranks but isn't preferential to either side.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

it's called an interim government

Don't patronize me.
It would be an interim government that would be hated by both sides, cause them to scour outsiders even more, and would not be able to pass any sort of real reform.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one was fighting to prevent his birth-people from being exiled by the blues while the CLA swept in and made everything better - or so he thought.

He is loathe to find himself fighting alongside one such as Ardite Mateev, but hey: the boy has spirit - he'll give him that.

Hopefully Ardite won't die and take the secrets of who recruited him and armed him to his grave.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

chaoslord posted:

I still think it’s weird they got so pissed about this when Vermillion was one of the main people who helped make that decision.

I’m not sure Vermillion ran that with the rest of the reds apart from Carnelian and myself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I am not sure what a month of exile for the Reds is meant to achieve besides making them all extremely angry at you. Besides possibly giving a bunch of the Blues an opportunity to refuse to let the Reds back in when the month ends.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one was fighting to prevent his birth-people from being exiled by the blues while the CLA swept in and made everything better - or so he thought.

He is loathe to find himself fighting alongside one such as Ardite Mateev, but hey: the boy has spirit - he'll give him that.

Hopefully Ardite won't die and take the secrets of who recruited him and armed him to his grave.

The fact you have anything good to say about Ardite disgusts me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
As I just said, I am all for Vermilion dueling Burg, winning red leadership, and exiling the blues for a month instead.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

As I just said, I am all for Vermilion dueling Burg, winning red leadership, and exiling the blues for a month instead.

You’re assuming the blues will happily go along with being exiled just because their leader said so. That’s putting a lot of misguided faith, especially after you promised them that you’d get the reds exiled.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

jimmydalad posted:

You’re assuming the blues will happily go along with being exiled just because their leader said so. That’s putting a lot of misguided faith, especially after you promised them that you’d get the reds exiled.

I am not assuming they will happily go along, the reds will have won the war and that would be the condition to the war.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why is either side being exiled? Why should people have to leave their homes? An influx of an Age's refugees is a lot for any of the current Ages to handle and for what purpose?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Why is either side being exiled? Why should people have to leave their homes? An influx of an Age's refugees is a lot for any of the current Ages to handle and for what purpose?

That’s how it has to be

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Why not exile the blues now, if you're the one who's in control? They lost the War when you defeated their leader and assumed power.

No more fighting needs to occur if you stop the War right now, Zeal Ruin. Admit that the blues have been defeated and let them accept their exile.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

*For a Month, mind you...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't really see how reforms that are supposed to affect all Dwellers will be lasting if half are not even going to be present for their passing?

Assuming reds or blues are allowed to return...they'll be returning to a world they had no part in rebuilding.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Why not exile the blues now, if you're the one who's in control? They lost the War when you defeated their leader and assumed power.

No more fighting needs to occur if you stop the War right now, Zeal Ruin. Admit that the blues have been defeated and let them accept their exile.

You know that wouldn't work, I am saying we would put through an act of you winning the war by me having a tactical retreat once you take red leadership. And then we will just wait a few turns as you obtain the win objectives.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I don't really see how reforms that are supposed to affect all Dwellers will be lasting if half are not even going to be present for their passing?

Assuming reds or blues are allowed to return...they'll be returning to a world they had no part in rebuilding.

Why are you assuming reforms would be made without out them?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Have you been listening to Zeal’s plan at all?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I feel like we should be talking to Choaneen or whomever is in charge of Sa. Having a large influx of exiles is going to have a gigantic effect on the age and Sa might not have supplies to cope with it, especially after the bomb attacks. The bomb attacks probably also painted the reds and dwellers in a real bad light with the people of Sa as well. I think just exiling a whole bunch of exiles is narrow-minded, even if it’s just for a year. There are so many factors in play that could lead it to being a disaster.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Why are you assuming reforms would be made without out them?

Then what will happen during this month of exile? What point does it have other than to put strain on other Ages and tear families away from their homes?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Burgundy can’t be left in charge, you know that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

jimmydalad posted:

I feel like we should be talking to Choaneen or whomever is in charge of Sa. Having a large influx of exiles is going to have a gigantic effect on the age and Sa might not have supplies to cope with it, especially after the bomb attacks. The bomb attacks probably also painted the reds and dwellers in a real bad light with the people of Sa as well. I think just exiling a whole bunch of exiles is narrow-minded, even if it’s just for a year. There are so many factors in play that could lead it to being a disaster.

Could we use Myst for some of the exiles?
Also I have the authority to convert at least some of the assembly rooms at the noble's guild as temp shelter.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Have you been listening to Zeal’s plan at all?

Snooze Cruise posted:

Basically the way I see it was this:
1. Blues wins, exile reds, it all sucks forever now
2. Reds wins, exile blues, it all sucks forever now
3. CLA wins, blue and red leadership both likely dead, either ineffectively try to pass through reform which eventually leads back to the status quo for antoher civil war down the line, or force myself as a dictator on both groups
4. CLA controlling the blues wins, 1 month exile, have the support of the blues to push through reform, hopefully can also have Vermilion get support of the reds to push through reform.

Yes, I have. Do you even know what you're supporting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Then what will happen during this month of exile? What point does it have other than to put strain on other Ages and tear families away from their homes?

There is no point. I don't agree with this.
What will happen is an interim leader, again... I just named possibly Orchid, would over see things and with the help of outsiders, maybe we can hire some mercs, to protect red lands and possesions, or the blues if it comes to that.