Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Kyte posted:

Seeing vietnamese or korean heroes would be cool tho.

Agreed, Vietnamese myths are cool like the fairies and the dragon lord dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Next lost belt needs to go all the way and just add saver in finally. It was lame as hell when he wasn't in last encore.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Space Flower posted:

boy you sure made some potentially embarrassing assumptions there. it would really turn out poorly if it turned out you were trying to 'explain' (out of your rear end) the Asian side of the playerbase to someone in the Asian side of the playerbase. but what are the chances of that? haha

Sure, feel free to correct my ignorance as to why characters from a work nearly entirely about the Chinese would be wanted for reasons of representation by the rest of Asia.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

boy you sure made some potentially embarrassing assumptions there. it would really turn out poorly if it turned out you were trying to 'explain' (out of your rear end) the Asian side of the playerbase to someone in the Asian side of the playerbase. but what are the chances of that? haha

Wait, bored is Asian? I thought he was Korean.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i think they should add the vietnamese joan of arc, lady trieu *realizes she's technically a three kingdoms historical figure and melts like the dude at the end of raiders of the lost ark*

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The lead of the Vietnamese movie Furie should be a Servant

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Presenting the 1st Korean servant: Im Dal Young

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

:vince:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anyway lmao at the dude crying about the lack of more americans

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Cant believe someone lost their poo poo over me using the term representation when clearly i meant to want actual serious rotk characters

Also lol at the idea that rotk is only popular in China. That's funny

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You are quite the drat little rascal, Zep. :mmmhmm:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

You are quite the drat little rascal, Zep. :mmmhmm:

I am not racist, just Korean.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Endorph posted:

In the Riyo comics, yeah. Since Bunyan got in people want the other two Riyo servants (Melies, J. Edgar Hoover) but so far there's been no sign of them.

Well, them and the new batch (twin mice girl Casters who turned up in the wrong form, Wild West Archer, Saber who's still in his mother's womb, and Lancer Mary Anning).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kyte posted:

Everyone wants Admiral Yi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsieurChoc posted:

OBVIOUSLY.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The original FSN servants were mythological rather than verifiable historical figures (except Kojiro I guess, but he had the explicit disclaimer of being an entirely fictionalised version. And Archer who is fictional). The spinoffs obviously haven't stuck to this rule but I think that's why they don't tend to add big groups of historical characters from one time period.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

mythological figures such as gilgamesh and hassan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just make a proper Zhuge Liang, and make him a saber face at the same time. All problems solved simultaneously forever.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don’t even play FGO and I want Admiral Yi. :getin:

Edit: Also, I bought a doofy Tarot deck that uses FGO characters at NYCC last year. The art is a hilarious mix of quality since it looks like they just pulled fan art off of Tumblr and Deviantart.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 8, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aurora posted:

mythological figures such as gilgamesh and hassan

Tbf Gilgamesh is MOSTLY mythologized as we know him and as he appears in FSN. But yes, technically historical.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

are you telling me historical gilgamesh could not summon thousands of weapons from portals

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also wasn't blonde

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

enkidu was also a canadian boyfriend situation

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Harr Dee fuckin harr

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Carl Jrs. (Alter)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There was certainly a Gilgamesh but the FSN version is clearly based on the legendary figure. It plays heavily off of the idea that the Epic of Gilgamesh inspired other legends rather than anything about the historical figure.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gilgamesh is historical tho

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the main story already doesn't stick to this 'rule'

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSPKAB70xtg

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

It's less that and more that for a good few years FGO's main Chinese history rep was an incoherent berserker, genderswap with early Part 1 writing, and british nerd with a Zhuge Liang nametag.

I mean, and? It's not like Korea's got a character (or ever will).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

both the chinese and korean rep can be bad, and worth criticizing. its just one is bad and other is nonexistent

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lets talk about whats truly important to putting rot3k servants in: power levels

could lancer guan yu throw down with the knight class heracles???
shouldn't berserker be lu bus weakest class?????
wouldnt it be funny if they made yuan shu a shinji-face????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I demand a gorgeous Zhou Yu

And an even more gorgeous Zhang He

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's all relative, but I do kind of see the logic of ROTK being played out VS Arhturian myths, at least when you live in the country and work in the industry that has Tecmo* in it. Personally, my only major source of "HEY HOW ABOUT KING ARTHUR" apart from Fate has been that one Disney movie with the squirrel seduction and the complete works of Greg Weisman.

There's probably a reason that LB3 was China themed but specifically not THAT China.

oh god i just realized it's likely waver summoned zhuge liang specifically because he got into Tecmo's ROTK games even though Rider was all about DAISENRYAKU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Stairmaster posted:

lets talk about whats truly important to putting rot3k servants in: power levels

could lancer guan yu throw down with the knight class heracles???
shouldn't berserker be lu bus weakest class?????
wouldnt it be funny if they made yuan shu a shinji-face????

The canon explanation in Extra for Lu Bu being summoned as a Berserker instead of any of the other classes he qualifies for is because it's the only way to ensure he doesn't betray you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurora posted:

it's great because you can use this to describe pretty much any rule in fate/stay night

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

AlternateNu posted:

Edit: Also, I bought a doofy Tarot deck that uses FGO characters at NYCC last year. The art is a hilarious mix of quality since it looks like they just pulled fan art off of Tumblr and Deviantart.

If it's the same one I have (Fate Fatale) then they didn't just pull random fanart, they had 77 different artists and each drew one of the cards/Servants. That's why, varying quality aside, each one at least seems to naturally fit the cards' frames.

Anyway, back on topic: I'll second the desire for more American Servants without all the... rest of what was said. I wanna see what Nasu does to George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, or just give us the loving Saber Lincoln we've been teased for so long.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kyte posted:

Add Le Loi, the vietnamese saberface from the fate/school life ova

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

presidents suck, just give us calamity jane and john jacob jingleheimer schmidt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I still want Caster Samuel Clemens as a low rarity Quick-support Caster.