Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

sniper4625 posted:

Forgive us both.

Did... did something happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

The Lord of Hats posted:

Did... did something happen?

Nothing...per se? But I did as you recommended. All I feel comfortable saying in this venue.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

sniper4625 posted:

Nothing...per se? But I did as you recommended. All I feel comfortable saying in this venue.

That's good to hear.

Sorry, with all that's happened these past few days I keep expecting some fresh new disaster to come.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

The Lord of Hats posted:

That's good to hear.

Sorry, with all that's happened these past few days I keep expecting some fresh new disaster to come.

Haha, I understand entirely.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Tell me about it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Okay, so new plan, going to the common district first.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Asiina posted:

Artemis...

I'm sorry.

I'm just...I'm so sorry.

sniper4625 posted:

Forgive us both.

What are you apologising for?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

An update to the ongoing War in Channelwood:

Red forces have swooped in to take over the Oasis. As of now, Red holds the resources. The Senate is under CLA control with a majority hold over the Windmill. A confrontation between Adrite Mateev, Vermillion Jarlis, and Indigo Jheorge broke out, but the latter fled.

As the day closes, it truly seems like Sapphire Liana and Cobalt Sarna have quit the conflict.

If anyone takes notice of Sarna another worlds, please apprehend her. We are not sure how involved the conspiracy goes, and Blue Leadership had deflected questions on this issue.

The most gleamed from the conflict is an offhand comment from Sarna saying she was fighting Reds elsewhere. She does not however disclose any further.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

An update to the ongoing War in Channelwood:

Red forces have swooped in to take over the Oasis. As of now, Red holds the resources. The Senate is under CLA control with a majority hold over the Windmill. A confrontation between Adrite Mateev, Vermillion Jarlis, and Indigo Jheorge broke out, but the latter fled.

As the day closes, it truly seems like Sapphire Liana and Cobalt Sarna have quit the conflict.

If anyone takes notice of Sarna another worlds, please apprehend her. We are not sure how involved the conspiracy goes, and Blue Leadership had deflected questions on this issue.

The most gleamed from the conflict is an offhand comment from Sarna saying she was fighting Reds elsewhere. She does not however disclose any further.

I don't understand this - what's the blue conspiracy? To cave and give control to the reds? Is that what's happened?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Here are the chief crimes of the Dwellers in question:

Ardite Mateev: Committing acts of terrorism: attacked the Sa parade with explosives at the Fountain, attempting to kill Nobles' Guild leader Azure Lain in the process and wounding countless others. Wanted for questioning by Burgundy Faran and others, once the War is over.

Burgundy Faran: Inciting riots: attacked the Oasis and the people working on the Oasis' improvements when the Oasis got their supplies before the Lookout. Wants to shelter Ardite until more information can be learned from him.

Cobalt Sarna: Inciting riots: attacked Chell Henderson, Orchid and company with a mob of blue Dwellers after Chell's trial, after Chell and company were already on their way out of the Age. Acted against Sapphire Liana's orders when the riot was incited, but no punishments have been handed down upon Cobalt since their riot that ousted Chell.

Sapphire Liana: Commited extreme Dweller taboo by breaking the peace of the Channelwood Senate: attacked Zeal Ruin at the Senate, sparking off the Second War for Channelwood. Sapphire Liana was the first one to mention that there was a rumor circulating about that a blue Dweller was seen meeting with Ardite Mateev before the terrorist attacks at the Fountain. When Zeal Ruin confronted Sapphire Liana about her involvement in the explosions that have rocked Sa, Sapphire attacked Zeal Ruin and started the Second War for Channelwood.

No one is blameless.

Now the Channelwood Liberation Army and the blues of the Oasis are the same entity, and they seek to crush and oust the reds of the Lookout.

There is no conspiracy to let the reds take Channelwood for themselves... far from it. If anything, the conspiracy is to create an all-blue Channelwood by combining the CLA with the forces of the blues.

Look out, Channelwood - the Dwellers are about to paint the Age red.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

bagshotrow posted:

I don't understand this - what's the blue conspiracy? To cave and give control to the reds? Is that what's happened?

It isn't so much conspiracy by the Blue Faction, but a conspiracy involving one Blue Dweller who was supposedly seen with Ardite Mateev prior to the latter's attack(s). From reports on multiple Dwellers safeguarding Mateev after the attack along with information pointing the finger at Red for the assassination of Eva Perce, it's safe to say that the Reds may have been taken over by an outside power. With mention that a Blue Dweller was seen raises the question if the Blue Faction is similarly infiltrated by another power.

It's been confirmed by Sapphire Liana that Cobalt Sarna was not on Channelwood just as Mateev was not; Leadership on both sides were not aware of their business off Channelwood. It might be a coincidence, but I'd like to be sure we don't have another threat to Channelwood encouraging this war and aggression within and without.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Now the Channelwood Liberation Army and the blues of the Oasis are the same entity, and they seek to crush and oust the reds of the Lookout.

There is no conspiracy to let the reds take Channelwood for themselves... far from it. If anything, the conspiracy is to create an all-blue Channelwood by combining the CLA with the forces of the blues.

The CLA literally offered to let the Reds be declared victors in the war if you would oust Burgundy from power but yes there must be some pro blue conspiracy afoot. Come on.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

chaoslord posted:

The CLA literally offered to let the Reds be declared victors in the war if you would oust Burgundy from power but yes there must be some pro blue conspiracy afoot. Come on.

Vermilion Jarlis

Unlike the people of the Oasis, Burgundy still has the hearts and the wills of his people on his side. He did not start this war, nor did he order the assassination attempt on Azure Lain.

This one sees no reason to remove him from his leadership position.

Please, if it is essential to your plans that Burgundy be removed from power, then do it yourself - you and all the others currently joined to the blue-aligned forces.

This one is sure you can strike some kind of deal with Burgundy Faran once he is defeated, just as you were able to do with Sapphire Liana.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Unlike the people of the Oasis, Burgundy still has the hearts and the wills of his people on his side. He did not start this war, nor did he order the assassination attempt on Azure Lain.

Please, if it is essential to your plans that Burgundy be removed from power, then do it yourself - you and all the others currently joined to the blue-aligned forces.

This one is sure you can strike some kind of deal with Burgundy Faran once he is defeated, just as you were able to do with Sapphire Liana.

I didn't strike a deal with Sapphire, she is captive. How do you not understand that?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Here are the chief crimes of the Dwellers in question:
Burgundy Faran: Inciting riots: attacked the Oasis and the people working on the Oasis' improvements when the Oasis got their supplies before the Lookout. Wants to shelter Ardite until more information can be learned from him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also like... Carnelian told me that he plans on torturing and killing both Ardite and Burg himself. I don't think your side is all hearts and minds with Burg as you claim.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

By virtue of the reds being involved in all the terrorist attacks here and the fact that Ardite was the one to assassinate Azure, he is partially to blame for not bringing him in line, even if he didn’t specifically order the attack. The fact that he has made no official announcement denouncing Ardite’s actions also dirty his hands.

You are an idiot for trying to defend and support them. Seriously Vermillion, get your head out of your rear end. I swear, if I have to come over and beat Burgundy up myself, I will.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also again Vermilion, it is impossible for me to capture Burg, the only reason why Sapphire got captive was because again... I beat her in a one on one duel and once she retreated since the blues decided to handover leadership to the CLA they also turn her over.

You are basically telling me to go kill Burg for you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Fine: rather than killing Sapphire Liana you have captured her and taken control of her army, which still desires the exile of the reds: something that you have promised them.

This one thought the goal of the CLA was "not to exile whatsoever," but by agreeing to lead the blues into battle you have clearly chosen a side.

This one currently fights for the underdog, here. You and the rest of the CLA are the big force coming into the Age with armaments and soldiers from outside, seeking to force the reds out of their homes in a war that they didn't even start.

If you want Burgundy Faran removed from power because that's the only way you believe peace can be attained, then remove him yourself. As you might expect, he's sitting at the Lookout, waiting for challengers.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Also again Vermilion, it is impossible for me to capture Burg, the only reason why Sapphire got captive was because again... I beat her in a one on one duel and once she retreated since the blues decided to handover leadership to the CLA they also turn her over.

If you want to kill Burg, go ahead. I won’t miss him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Fine: rather than killing Sapphire Liana you have captured her and taken control of her army, which still desires the exile of the reds: something that you have promised them.

This one thought the goal of the CLA was "not to exile whatsoever," but by agreeing to lead the blues into battle you have clearly chosen a side.

This one currently fights for the underdog, here. You and the rest of the CLA are the big force coming into the Age with armaments and soldiers from outside, seeking to force the reds out of their homes in a war that they didn't even start.

If you want Burgundy Faran removed from power because that's the only way you believe peace can be attained, then remove him yourself. As you might expect, he's sitting at the Lookout, waiting for challengers.

Burg did start the war... I mean really come on like yeah Sapphire attacked me in the Senate room but that isn't an excuse to suddenly start a war.
I don't know why you are trying to paint yourself as some noble underdog now when again... the reds intended goal has always been exile as well, at the very least this is only for a month and no one has to die.

jimmydalad posted:

If you want to kill Burg, go ahead. I won’t miss him.

I made this choice to avoid needless death.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one is not asking for you to kill Burgundy Faran: he is asking "why can't you extend the same olive branch to Burgundy Faran that you extended to Sapphire Liana and the blues?"

Why must this end in one side's exile, and if it must, what do you expect the reds to do in response to overwhelming forces from outside converging on their homes?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one is not asking for you to kill Burgundy Faran: he is asking "why can't you extend the same olive branch to Burgundy Faran that you extended to Sapphire Liana and the blues?"

Why must this end in one side's exile, and if it must, what do you expect the reds to do in response to overwhelming forces from outside converging on their homes?

I dunno its almost like we are in some sort of situation where due to the confines of the media and its structure there are certain rules and processes in place that make up our world that would not allowed that.

As for the later, why are you asking me this... when again... You have been fighting for a side that has seek permanent exile from the start. Have some self awareness.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

When this one joined the Second War for Channelwood, there were only two sides available.

He had wanted to get more information from Ardite Mateev, and to convince the man to turn himself in for the act of terrorism he'd committed. If Ardite had refused, this one had sought to defect to the CLA.

Now that he has begun fighting in earnest, however, he has found it rather impossible to defect.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Vermilion this is a bit of an aside, but it went 2 accusations on us, 1 on cartographers, and 0 on the inventors correct?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Vermilion this is a bit of an aside, but it went 2 accusations on us, 1 on cartographers, and 0 on the inventors correct?

Vermilion Jarlis

Hah - that old peccadillo. Two people heard rumors accusing me, two heard rumors accusing you, one heard a rumor accusing Indigo Jheorge, and the last heard a rumor accusing Carnelian Guxti.

Two accusations per Noble Dweller, one per Cartographer Dweller, and none on the Inventor Dwellers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Hah - that old peccadillo. Two people heard rumors accusing me, two heard rumors accusing you, one heard a rumor accusing Indigo Jheorge, and the last heard a rumor accusing Carnelian Guxti.

Two accusations per Noble Dweller, one per Cartographer Dweller, and none on the Inventor Dwellers.

You think it was just a pure red herring, or was it done purposely?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Asiina posted:

Artemis...

I'm sorry.

I'm just...I'm so sorry.

sniper4625 posted:

Forgive us both.

And how are you going to proceed?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

You think it was just a pure red herring, or was it done purposely?

Vermilion Jarlis

This one thinks you mean "blue herring," but anyways...

Considering the nature of the play you were putting on at the time, it was anyone's guess how the rumors got circulated. Everyone had some idea of how the play was going to end before they saw it.

Everyone knew that it was going to end in fire and heartbreak, they just wanted to know who it was they were supposed to blame for it all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

And how are you going to proceed?

I...that's a harder question to answer, and one I can't say here.

There's still so much to do and...I'm really starting to get worried about Zel.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I can only hope that Zel is more valuable alive than dead. If so, we will likely be hearing ransom demands soon through some channel or another.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
...alternatively...rescue mission.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I'm not worried about Zel yet- if he doesn't come into communication by tomorrow, then I'll be concerned. Things happen that prevent people from being able to access #general for a day or so. It's happened to me. It's likely happened to others among you.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Meinberg posted:

I can only hope that Zel is more valuable alive than dead. If so, we will likely be hearing ransom demands soon through some channel or another.

Zel would not lose to Rance. I have faith in him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
...fine, one more day.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

...alternatively...rescue mission.

I am in support of this course of action should it prove to be necessary.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Laslow, should I stop at the Gizmonic workshop or continue directly to where you are?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Lea, where will you be tomorrow?

...we need to talk.

Conway, you as well.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Azurelana posted:

Uh, you really don't want to do that. You'll die.

I promise, I'm fine.

Spoken like a person who has survived being there.

I'll be fine. I got blown up and then went to fight a war. How bad can it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

Lea, where will you be tomorrow?

...we need to talk.

Conway, you as well.

As it stands my plan is to head to Gizmonic Innoventions in Sa. I've been avoiding it for a long time but it's pretty clear that the workshop in Myst is trashed.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Laslow, should I stop at the Gizmonic workshop or continue directly to where you are?

If you try to follow Laslow without preparing first, you will die. If you insist on going, come get gear from me first.

Laslow - is that a bad idea? Are you safe and healthy? :ohdearsass: