Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

oh i didnt know you could just look up a list of someone's aliases

lol

I didn't either. Do I still have "Wife" as an alias, or was that back when I was slackerbitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Aliases:

sb

Wife

widow

slackerbitch

SIV

Spaced

sailing in venice

space

NICE. I do not remember who called me "sailing in Venice" though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

B: scum would only avoid the deadline if we were going to lynch scum; otherwise they'd be fine just showing up and dunking whoever. We know infi was town, so this only works if AA is scum. I think he is, but it's hardly the smoking gun it might be if there was a tug of war between candidates or a hard swerve.

I'm ok with testing this theory.

##vote AA

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

quote:

Aliases:

mr humalong (x)
Mr h (x)
hum (x)
Mr. Scumalong (x)
mr humadong (x)
Huma (x)
scumalong (x)
mr scumalong (x)
mister humalumadingdong (x)

if you have an account on votefinder you can remove aliases from your page (that's what those x's are)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I guess If I have to make a real vote ##aa is the best I can see today. Steak is also a good option.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Or you know ##vote AA if you want it to actually count.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Anybody who agrees with me is scum because I'm real bad and lazy.

##vote humalong

The knockoff Chef Boyardee thought he was clever accusing me of the same crime I was here to investigate. Maybe that funny hat of his was too tight, or maybe he'd been inhaling too many fumes from the grill cleaner. Either way, I needed a drink but I had a feeling every bottle in this place might be poisoned. And not the kind of poison that would help me forget my ex-wives.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In rereading I need to clarify something, so, Mafia edit:

quote:

B-minus1: I waver pretty hard here, mostly because I don't see why scum would do vote shenanigans.

... don't see why scum would do shenanigans on their own votes. I can't see a reason for scum binus to change who he himself voted for via vote fuckery. It's just too weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh wow, I had no idea deadline was in 5 hours.

gently caress me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Or you know ##vote AA if you want it to actually count.

Any reason here other than my absence?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

... don't see why scum would do shenanigans on their own votes. I can't see a reason for scum binus to change who he himself voted for via vote fuckery. It's just too weird.

300 iq play they could have done it to buy binus town cred.

improbable, but not impossible

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

gently caress it. I'm doing a list. At least maybe then we'll have something to talk about?! Miku's seemed to stir discussion, let's try it.

AA: super defensive reaction to the votes on him d1. I still think it's significant that the push on him just dried up. Also, his posts today largely consist of him suspecting .... anyone who voted him d1. Scum.

B-minus1: I waver pretty hard here, mostly because I don't see why scum would do vote shenanigans. Also, mobile posting sucks, but b- keeps popping up and disappearing again. It all cancels out, so: Null.

CPig: I sympathize with not being able to get into the game, but it's a great cover for scum to just lurk their way to victory, so. Leaning scum. Would like more actual content.

Gene X: good content both days. steak's case on GX is convoluted and I don't buy it. Miku's makes sense, but townies do anti-town poo poo all the time. I honestly feel like town would be more likely to cheer a dayvig, because scum would worry about looking bad in doing so, whereas town doesn't have to view the world through that lens?? But I realize that might be spaghetti logic. Town.

Hal: hands up, who forgot Hal was in this game? At least he showed up d1 to try to get a lynch. Hoping he resurfaces again tonight. I don't like the lurking but I think Hal just lurks. He seemed invested in d1 EOD, so: Leaning town.

Infi: RIP infi

Miku: I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but his reasoning seems sound. Plus he showed up D2 and actually contributed, when it would have been way easier to just lurk and claim it was too hard to get into the game because of being probated. Town.

Humalong: k I'm biased here, I love all the RPing but hum's is the one that tickles me the most, so that's making me lean town on him. Biased town. I'll reread him and see if anything jumps out.

Mr. Steak: I got nothing. His logic seems sideways. No idea if that makes him scum. I could buy it? Idefk.
???? Leaning scum??

OMG: I thought dropping a vote before disappearing d1 was townie, but hasn't said much of anything D2. I don't get fake outrage from his first post, though. Leaning very very slightly town. I see he's posted while I'm posting so please hold, I might update this.

Pmush: actually contributing, scum hunting. Town.

Tomm: lurking, like everyone else. Slight town vibes from where he questioned me on not being included in my "why weren't you around at deadline?" -- I feel like scum would be more likely to hope that slid under the radar. Leaning town.

Let me catch up now and see what's what.

##vote AA

First, this is a flawed point you raise against my voting. Probably deliberately so.

In my absence I became the target of a quick vote near deadline for non-existent reasons, and then people like yourself have come in today to try and frame my reaction to it without digging into the context of the votes.

As a town player, it's in my best interest to divert some attention to the votes that almost got me killed. I also commented on specific votes that looked bad.

It is reasonable to say that scum would be in a push for a misslunch and I don't think looking at bad votes from yesterday is indicative of scum motive. Ignoring those and acting like I've been a way emotional big bad is indicative of scum motive.

You're being unreasonable with you're vote and have been aggro since the start.

##vote SiV

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This doesn't make sense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's more likely, scum being on a bad vote to out lurking town or not voting at all?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like honestly, I'm ok with dying, but you need to go back and look at the day 1 vote and my opinions short though they are with some fresh eyes once you see I'm town because yeah...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
KILL ME MOTHALOVA, I'M READY TO DIE

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Any reason here other than my absence?

Did you miss the part where I'm lazy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

calm down we got 4 hours to go and need 3 more votes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

calm down we got 4 hours to go and need 3 more votes

NO, 100% THE MAXIM. TRIGGER LIMIT ENGAGE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If you strike me down, I shall become a far better poo poo poster than you've realized

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Did you miss the part where I'm lazy.

C'est la vie, homme de cochon

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If you strike me down, I shall become a far better poo poo poster than you've realized

you've always been my shitposting waifu :corrupt:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Oh gently caress deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Vote Vienna?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Let's look at that scum rear end push on me towards the end of the day. Thank you based mods for recognizing deadline.

Bad because we were voting you, or do you have an actual reason?

Also you say "good thing mods recognized deadline" as though we were trying to break it. Nobody voted at 3 minutes past and tried to insist it should count. I think we all knew a NL was coming at that point.

Btw why weren't you on at deadline? Same question, CPig. It actually makes me more suspicious of you, that we didn't get lurkers popping out of the woodwork to go for the dunk.

Hey AA when you replied to this post, you never answered this. As far as I can tell, your reasoning is "they voted me = they're scum." You mention pmush is exempt from that, in a later post, but then add that deep down you're suspicious of her, too. Presumably because, you know. She voted for you.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Vote Vienna?

Any reason why? They seem to be participating, which is more than I can say for most of the other players.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This doesn't make sense.

K lemme try again.

B minus voted for me.

Someone switched that in votefinder to be a vote on infi.

We don't know who did it. No one has confessed.

It seems unlikely to me that a scum b minus would go to the trouble of loving up his own vote, hoping someone else would notice it, and ??? What exactly?

What does that accomplish that just straight up voting for infi doesn't, unless it's a weird "woo, let's sow distraction" technique?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
(cont.)

Therefore, I'm less convinced b minus is scum than I otherwise would be, because ??? I cannot see a point to it. It's just weird and random.

Does that make sense?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would have voted aa earlier if i had a convincing argument.

buuut now after his pseudo-meltdown i kind of believe him more.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

K lemme try again.

B minus voted for me.

Someone switched that in votefinder to be a vote on infi.

We don't know who did it. No one has confessed.

It seems unlikely to me that a scum b minus would go to the trouble of loving up his own vote, hoping someone else would notice it, and ??? What exactly?

What does that accomplish that just straight up voting for infi doesn't, unless it's a weird "woo, let's sow distraction" technique?

spacing, this only shows that if b-minus messed with his own vote, then he wasn't scum. there is no way to make a conclusion about the likelihood of b-minus being scum vs town. i think you're smarter than that so ##vote spacing

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

What's more likely, scum being on a bad vote to out lurking town or not voting at all?

I feel like I said that, that my whole theory only works if and only if you're scum, because if you're town, I'd assume any possibly lurking scum would be fine with dunking you.

Like I originally had a much larger post planned on why I thought it was significant that so many people missed deadline unexpectedly, and how at least one of them had to be deliberate, but then I rained out out. Infi has flipped as town, which means scum weren't trying to protect him by switching to you. Literally the only way it works is if you're scum and a bro was protecting you. So that theory has cooled off.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

spacing, this only shows that if b-minus messed with his own vote, then he wasn't scum. there is no way to make a conclusion about the likelihood of b-minus being scum vs town. i think you're smarter than that so ##vote spacing

Why would a town b minus mess with his own vote and lie about it?

Okay wait I think I see the gap here.

You're saying, it makes no sense for town OR scum bminus, so it's alignment neutral.

I'm saying, I can't see a point in it from a scum POV, for b minus, and I can't see what it gains them if it's a scumbro doing the actual vote fuckery instead of bminus himself. Why does b-'s scumbro gently caress with his vote?

I don't see it, so that's pushing me towards bminus being town.

Also I think I've been assuming that whoever did this has to be scum, because town should have fessed up by now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unless they don't wanna face the wrath of mister mod!

also that was a good answer ##unvote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will be around for probably the next hour if anyone suddenly has an amazing insight into this game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was super hype for this game on D1 but seeing the momentum die in the crib hasn't been great for my motivation. My first pick is still AA, (fake?) meltdown or no, but I'd hit just about anyone over a second NL.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Just finished work. Gonna read some AA poasts

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

This is an interesting proposal

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

i would have voted aa earlier if i had a convincing argument.

buuut now after his pseudo-meltdown i kind of believe him more.

God I want to vote for Mr steak to leave this island.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I just don't see how giving up and claiming a dark age of poo poo posting is coming makes someone MORE town. Mr steak isnt giving a real opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I was super hype for this game on D1 but seeing the momentum die in the crib hasn't been great for my motivation. My first pick is still AA, (fake?) meltdown or no, but I'd hit just about anyone over a second NL.

You're always wrong and always town wrt me mushy