Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Indroj - I am leaving something with Chell for you that you may find interesting.

Thank you Kasia, I'm sorry I haven't been able to meet up with you recently, but I'm getting closer to what I've been looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Asiina posted:

I'm just...trying to meet up with Lea.

I think Indroj should come along if he's not otherwise occupied.

Conway, it'd be nice to see you too but I understand if you're busy. There's still a lot to do...

Okay, and Lea's workshop is in the common district?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

50 pounds of bread posted:

Okay, and Lea's workshop is in the common district?

Correct

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't
The explosives were stolen from Tay by Ardite personally, who taunted the guards as he escaped. The people of Tay have been preparing for the possibility of an invasion, or backlash from Sa, since then. Send your refugees to Myst, or Sa, or Everdunes, or Lyra. Tay is perhaps the worst possible option.

When will you be leaving channelwood to find herelding?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I dont think Lyra could hand a large amount of refugees.

Really just...dont exile each other? Mutual disarmament afterward to avoid increased hostilities

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If memory serves, Lyra held Gehn's loyalists well.

What would be needed to reconstruct the old base on Tay? Even if it cannot hold every refugee, it would at least hold a good number of people.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

What would be needed to reconstruct the old base on Tay? Even if it cannot hold every refugee, it would at least hold a good number of people.
I'm not sure what you mean by reconstruct. The refugees from Riven have created a lot of makeshift settlements to house themselves until they are allowed back on Riven. But there is no extra food. And just to reiterate, a group of reds recently attacked Tay and I had to flee for my life. I don't think this particular group should just show up unannounced. If the residents of Tay are ok with it, then I am too, but only then.

It really seems like there are better options.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A miswrite. I meant Lyra.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Really just...dont exile each other?

It’s really annoying that people keep saying crap like this like we are some idiots who just didn’t think of this option

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

chaoslord posted:

It’s really annoying that people keep saying crap like this like we are some idiots who just didn’t think of this option

I understand that, but any kind of peace for the foreseeable future requires both sides to learn how to stop fighting when the war ends. Any resentment is just going to cause another war.

What I am trying to say is that I dont think you all realize what exiling so many people is going to do for your children and your children's children.

If you all want peace so badly then drop your god drat swords.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

I understand that, but any kind of peace for the foreseeable future requires both sides to learn how to stop fighting when the war ends. Any resentment is just going to cause another war.

What I am trying to say is that I dont think you all realize what exiling so many people is going to do for your children and your children's children.

And I don’t think you realize that that’s not an option! There can be no peace without a winning faction and the losing faction is to be exiled. I’ve said it multiple times and I don’t know how I can make it any clearer.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

A miswrite. I meant Lyra.

It's complete ruins right now. There's plenty of bricks if you want to stack something simple up, but it isn't going to be fancy, or very livable to anyone who wouldn't be used to sleeping outside.

Still a better option than cramming half of Channelwood into Tay.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's...no supplies on 234. It's not really sustainable for a population. If you're insisting that a group is exiled, Sa is dangerous right now but at least its supplies are plentiful.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

chaoslord posted:

And I don’t think you realize that that’s not an option! There can be no peace without a winning faction and the losing faction is to be exiled. I’ve said it multiple times and I don’t know how I can make it any clearer.

There is no winning faction. War does not create winners. Only widows and orphans.

I hope your children have better sense than you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

There is no winning faction. War does not create winners. Only widows and orphans.

I hope your children have better sense than you.

As someone who was kidnapped off Riven I’m well aware of what that looks like.

But you refuse to accept the reality of the situation, which is, let me say again, no peace can happen without a distinct winning faction. You can try to give me the moral high ground all you want, but I am telling you your lofty high minded ideals are literally not possible or we would be pushing for that! I came here, being neither blue nor red, to try to find the most peaceful resolution possible. If it were up to me we would draft a ceasefire and there would be no exiles! But it can’t be done.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

chaoslord posted:

As someone who was kidnapped off Riven I’m well aware of what that looks like.

But you refuse to accept the reality of the situation, which is, let me say again, no peace can happen without a distinct winning faction. You can try to give me the moral high ground all you want, but I am telling you your lofty high minded ideals are literally not possible or we would be pushing for that! I came here, being neither blue nor red, to try to find the most peaceful resolution possible. If it were up to me we would draft a ceasefire and there would be no exiles! But it can’t be done.

I was willing to give up everything for this moral high ground. And a lot of good people died for it. I'm sorry I didn't recognize your communicator handle, but you know what I sacrificed for it to.

But it can be achieved. Dont give up on it.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Why did Tay come up as an option? Because it's an Age sparsely populated by temporary residents. There is a minimal infrastructure there, largely devoted to housing and defense. It's not a very large age, but, we would not need very much of their ground space, being accustomed to vertical living in trees.

How would we feed ourselves? That is a question that must be answered no matter where the Lookout Dwellers make camp. I'm a little disturbed it comes up now as a rationale of discouraging Tay and was never so much as shrugged at when it was assumed we would be staying in Sa. Did the Goons think our people would sell ourselves to the Trader's guild for rations? No thanks.

We are leaving with supplies. We can feed ourselves, for a little while at least. To supplement those supplies, we can labor. If our people will be working for the betterment of an Age, I think we'd all rather it be Tay and not Sa, which now plays a direct part in exiling us from our home.

Who would we labor for on Lyra? On Myst?

Tay is a clear best option. And I would love to have consulted them before proposing the transition but, *my people are being exiled*. This isn't really a case of bad scheduling causing inconvenience. This is a case of historical tragedy causing desperation. And all of you responding with nothing helpful to suggest are missing the point that we are very literally homeless.

Upon hearing we're being forced to abandon our home age you want to make clear that we shouldn't pollute Tay with our unwelcome presence? Gee, Thanks.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

KhediveRex posted:

Why did Tay come up as an option? Because it's an Age sparsely populated

FALSE

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
((Sorry folks! Busy day))

The Lord of Hats posted:

Lea, were you able to get a map made of the workshop on Myst?

I have! I will get it to the Guild as soon as possible.

Azurelana posted:

Uh, you really don't want to do that. You'll die.

I promise, I'm fine.

In your best estimation, do I have any reason to go back? I'm willing to trust your judgement on this.

Chic Trombone posted:

To Lea, Laslow, and Salo:

I am sorry, but I needed to. I had to be able to accompany another to a certain place, and this ensured I would be able to.

I imagine it was a tough decision to make, and I understand. If I, or others, wish to go back, would we be given permission to do so?

KhediveRex posted:

Lea, I have a very compelling need to travel through the Age in question. I don't wish to overwhelm or overwork you but, if gear will be required, I need two suits as soon as they can be crafted.

I will come to find you. The Gizmonic Institue on Sa? If I meet you in the Sa Science District can I follow you to your work station?

50 pounds of bread posted:

Two places, Rime first, and then the other place you know I plan on going already.

I will do my best to make suits but should clarify that I have no idea what the state of my workshop is, and have been using armor from Channelwood as source materials to make travel gear. I have a set for myself that I could loan in a pinch, but I don't want to make promises until I see what I'm working with. With that said...

Chic Trombone posted:

Lea, and all those preparing to, ah, rescue Laslow - you may need to come to Everdunes to do so.

As it stands I have no idea whether or not Rime is accessible anymore.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Krysmphoenix posted:

Its only going to be a month. Yes its still going to be a bad thing, but Vermilion is the one who keeps trying to push this as some sort of permanent option now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ah! And yes, Gizmonic Innoventions is found in the Common District, and is where I will be heading tonight.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why does everyone keep ignoring the fact its a month!!! Its still horrible, but its a month!!!
And no one has to die!!
You say "hey why can't you just give peace a chance" this is that option! It means not having to kill people, again I know there are still consequences in this choice but its a choice I can actually put into action, I can't just get the blues to throw down arms and neither can Vermilion.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

I will do my best to make suits but should clarify that I have no idea what the state of my workshop is, and have been using armor from Channelwood as source materials to make travel gear. I have a set for myself that I could loan in a pinch, but I don't want to make promises until I see what I'm working with. With that said...

As it stands I have no idea whether or not Rime is accessible anymore.

Its immaterial to me what stands in the path. I and Vermillion need to travel to Rime. It is the only hope of our now homeless people.

As for the Channelwood Armor, perhaps the new Queen of the Blues would be so kind as to provide a few sets?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And I don't want the reds to bugger off to La La Bazinga by Sirrus Warcriminal ™

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its only going to be a month. Yes its still going to be a bad thing, but Vermilion is the one who keeps trying to push this as some sort of permanent option now.

Then why are we tolerating a bad thing?

Lain, I thought you were better than this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooood

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

And I don't want the reds to bugger off to La La Bazinga by Sirrus Warcriminal ™

You don't get to make decisions for the people you are foisting out of their homes.

The Red's will not return to Channelwood. We are forsaking the place.

Now, will you play any part in assisting us to find a new, suitable place to live? We need a couple peices of armor. Is that really too much to ask?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

In your best estimation, do I have any reason to go back? I'm willing to trust your judgement on this.

If you really want to catch a cold?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Krysmphoenix posted:

Wow its like I am in a game or something and like the choice I reach is already a compromise made with forces greater than ourselves.
Also my name is Zeal Ruin.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

You don't get to make decisions for the people you are foisting out of their homes.

The Red's will not return to Channelwood. We are forsaking the place.

Now, will you play any part in assisting us to find a new, suitable place to live? We need a couple peices of armor. Is that really too much to ask?

The war isn't even technically over I can't hand anything over to you, maybe you should check those things before being extremely patronizing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rime is even less livable than Tay and Lyra.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wow its like I am in a game or something and like the choice I reach is already a compromise made with forces greater than ourselves.
Also my name is Zeal Ruin.

The part we are so angry about is why this forced exile is necessary at all. Everyone seems to want to stop the fighting, yet are going to keep fighting if the exile doesnt happen? That doesnt make any sense at all.

You started this CLA as a way to end this two color farce. Yet all I see here is you punishing one side to stop the other from killing them. You really have a lot of explaining to do.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If I could make it through one day without a drink, surely anything's possible!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

Its immaterial to me what stands in the path. I and Vermillion need to travel to Rime. It is the only hope of our now homeless people.

As for the Channelwood Armor, perhaps the new Queen of the Blues would be so kind as to provide a few sets?

If you could bring raw materials for me to work with it will be a huge help, assuming the workshop is intact enough for me to set up shop in.

Azurelana posted:

If you really want to catch a cold?

Is that slang for being under a falling block of ice? Because I don't think I want that again :ohdearsass:

You're safe and sound? No reason to worry?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Rime is even less livable than Tay and Lyra.

For those who aren't familiar, Rime is an uninhabitable frozen wasteland and the last place I would recommend bringing a group of people.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

The part we are so angry about is why this forced exile is necessary at all.

Snooze Cruise posted:

chaoslord posted:

There can be no peace without a winning faction and the losing faction is to be exiled.

Does this help? Because it’s been explained very clearly

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

KhediveRex posted:

Why did Tay come up as an option? Because it's an Age sparsely populated
Yeah I'm not sure where this idea came from, but last I saw Tay is already overpopulated.

KhediveRex posted:

We are leaving with supplies. We can feed ourselves, for a little while at least. To supplement those supplies, we can labor. If our people will be working for the betterment of an Age, I think we'd all rather it be Tay and not Sa, which now plays a direct part in exiling us from our home.
This is why I'm saying Tay is the worst option. The wildlife is poisonous, so the Tay residents are reliant on outside aid. So what will you labor at? It's not a suitable place for hunting or agriculture.

As for alternatives, I would say, honestly any of the other ages (except Rime apparently). I haven't been to all of them, but Tay is the only age that I've heard of that has problems with overpopulation and lack of food and water.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

KhediveRex posted:

Did the Goons think our people would sell ourselves to the Trader's guild for rations? No thanks.
The Traders Guild provides the rations to Tay so.... Yeah that's what it sounds like you're signing up for.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Krysmphoenix posted:

The part we are so angry about is why this forced exile is necessary at all. Everyone seems to want to stop the fighting, yet are going to keep fighting if the exile doesnt happen? That doesnt make any sense at all.

You started this CLA as a way to end this two color farce. Yet all I see here is you punishing one side to stop the other from killing them. You really have a lot of explaining to do.

Guess what I am angry that its necessary as well. But guess what, its is so, you are not here. And it makes total sense, this is a war! I do not represent all the blues, plenty of them want to keep on fighting. Vermilion does not represent all the reds, plenty of them want to keep on fighting. You want to know what would happen if I and the leadership over here just threw down all our arms? The reds win, they permanently exile the blues. You want to know what happens if Blue and Red leadership throws down their arms and leaves? Both sides get new leadership, Channelwood destroys itself.

And I have explained myself thoroughly, over and over again. And CLA was never about over throwing the "color farce", it was about getting rid of the toxic leadership on both sides, making sure nobody has to get exile for life. I am not happy things turn out this way, but nobody has to die.

And again just so every outsider understands this, you can't just get rid of the color system all at once! Its how everyone defines themselves here. It has to be a gradual change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

For those who aren't familiar, Rime is an uninhabitable frozen wasteland and the last place I would recommend bringing a group of people.

Our destination is Herelding. Rime is simply on the path.