Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, sometimes it's because you said something dumb and bad and people are screaming at you. And other times it's because you said something dumb and good and people are laughing about it and it's now the thread title and this is the closest to internet fame and fortune I will ever get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One driving one of mine is when people take highway on ramps way too slow. If someone is hitting the highway at only 20-25 mph it makes the person in the right lane need to brake, or they merge into the next lane making that lane go slower, and it generally causes an annoyance for everyone.

It’s why I can’t get mad at someone going the speed limit, but the people who drive 50 in a 65mph speed limit highway are among the most annoying drivers to me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

docbeard posted:

Yeah, sometimes it's because you said something dumb and bad and people are screaming at you. And other times it's because you said something dumb and good and people are laughing about it and it's now the thread title and this is the closest to internet fame and fortune I will ever get.

One time I had three or four different thread titles at once, it was the high point of my posting career

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

docbeard posted:

The most pathetic I ever feel is trying to play it cool like "oh wow thread title haha unexpected but thank" when really I'm beaming like I just got sucked off by Roger Rabbit while eating a bowl of rainbow sherbet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

One driving one of mine is when people take highway on ramps way too slow. If someone is hitting the highway at only 20-25 mph it makes the person in the right lane need to brake, or they merge into the next lane making that lane go slower, and it generally causes an annoyance for everyone.

It’s why I can’t get mad at someone going the speed limit, but the people who drive 50 in a 65mph speed limit highway are among the most annoying drivers to me

Yeah people going too slow suck, but I’ve gotten bullshit speeding tickets one too many times to just habitually go over the limit on the highway. Just stick the cruise control to the limit and deal with it imo. Yeah, limits are usually set deliberately low and matching traffic is usually ideal for safety but like... Going 5 or 10 faster isn’t going to make a meaningful difference on the highway anyway, and me cruising along 5 or 10 below what you’re doing isn’t dangerous unless you’re already driving badly. I mean gently caress I’ll risk my life to avoid paying Podunk County, Shittington any more 200+ dollar tickets for going 80 in a 75

e: peeve: I don’t care about pit bulls (although it’s dumb to pretend your poorly-trained pit is equally as dangerous as grandma’s poorly-trained toy poodle) but people who advocate for them annoy me. You’re just a different sort of dumbshit as people who want to maintain breed purity for dog shows, with an extra helping of dumb because your specific breed (not an actual breed) was and is bred largely for blood sport, and still gets lovely buyers clamoring for it because it is “dangerous.”

Be nice to currently-alive pits because they are Good Boys and Girls, yes they are, but we don’t need more of them.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Jun 6, 2019

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Brawnfire posted:

The most pathetic I ever feel is trying to play it cool like "oh wow thread title haha unexpected but thank" when really I'm beaming like I just got sucked off by Roger Rabbit while eating a bowl of rainbow sherbet.

Er, did you mean Jessica Rabbit? I mean, whatever floats your boat, but...

For content: I've been bothered by people eating food/lunch at their desk right next to me at the office. While the more obvious aspect of this does certainly annoy me (gross mouth sounds, fork scraping, crunching, heavy breathing, smells, etc.), that's actually my secondary annoyance.

My primary peeve is that I feel like it sets a bad precedent that we can't even enjoy lunch anymore and feel the need to eat lunch at our desks while still working. You should be allowed to enjoy your lunch! Go chill in the breakroom, have a walk, whatever: don't let yourself be tricked by the same gross office behavior that forces sick people to come in when they should be resting! I'm overthinking it, obviously, and it's probably not always the case that they are eating at their desk because they don't want to be seen as a slacker by uptight bosses: they could just be eating at their desk because it's comfortable for them. I just hate the thought of how every bit of luxury is slowly being shaved away by subtle coercion until it becomes the norm.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FutureCop posted:

Er, did you mean Jessica Rabbit? I mean, whatever floats your boat, but...

Really look into your heart and think who would give a better blowjob.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When you open up a box of saltines and all four packs have that one dark brown/burnt edge. Also if you get a box that goes super light on the salt. Worthless trash.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When somebody uses up a roll of toilet paper and puts a new roll in, but balances the empty tube on top of the fresh roll instead of throwing it away. What the gently caress? WHY???

"I'll just leave this here in case someone needs a sploof later."

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When you open up a box of saltines and all four packs have that one dark brown/burnt edge. Also if you get a box that goes super light on the salt. Worthless trash.

Crackers like Stoned Wheat Thins that have a perforation on them so you can snap them in half, but you try and they break in any random way they loving feel like.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When somebody uses up a roll of toilet paper and puts a new roll in, but balances the empty tube on top of the fresh roll instead of throwing it away. What the gently caress? WHY???

"I'll just leave this here in case someone needs a sploof later."

It's so you can pretend to be a pirate looking through a telescope while taking a dump.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Lifehack: use toast to scoop soup and/or shrimp salad into your mouth with a satisfying crunch.

If you eat saltines for another reason you are already beyond help

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Saltines are for sardines. The words have a lot of the same letters so it has to be true.

The Mighty Moltres posted:

It's so you can pretend to be a pirate looking through a telescope while taking a dump.

This makes an incredible amount of sense. I've wasted so much of my life not being a toilet pirate. God drat it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lifehack: use toast to scoop soup and/or shrimp salad into your mouth with a satisfying crunch.

I use oyster crackers in soup, just dump a pile in there. Saltines are for routine snacking. Sometimes I just want a really dry mouth and also they taste good, if properly cooked and salted.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Saltines are for sardines. The words have a lot of the same letters so it has to be true.

This makes an incredible amount of sense. I've wasted so much of my life not being a toilet pirate. God drat it.

Yo-ho-ho and a lotta BM

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

my dad spreads margarine on saltines and eats them like that, but my dad is from lehigh valley PA and i think they just eat weird there

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
People who wait until they're pulled up to the gate to start rummaging for the keycard that opens the gate. How do you not have it already pulled out/in an easy to grab spot?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

InediblePenguin posted:

my dad spreads margarine on saltines and eats them like that, but my dad is from lehigh valley PA and i think they just eat weird there

My dad does this, too. He’s from Buffalo. Maybe folks in the rust belt have bland tastebuds.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That actually sounds pretty good if you use regular butter. I'm going to try it later. Butter on salty soft pretzels is extremely good so it's probably pretty good with some salty saltines as long as you get the ratio right.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mouse Dresser posted:

My dad does this, too. He’s from Buffalo. Maybe folks in the rust belt have bland tastebuds.

I'm from Buffalo and all we do here is get drunk and eat spicy fusion food. Don't put that evil on to us.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Young, healthy, able-bodied people who crowd into the lifts at train stations instead of walking up the stairs. It's slower and you're getting in the way of people who actually need the lift. You're inconveniencing yourself and everyone around you. How is it even possible to be that lazy and inconsiderate?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
how do you know they're all able-bodied

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

how do you know they're all able-bodied

By the way they run to the lift to get there before anyone who actually needs it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The next time an american goes “ugh I hate american milk chocolate, gimme that Cadbury’s” or similar, I swear to god, I am going to silently judge them so hard.

There is other chocolate to have! The lowest-hanging most mass-marketed lovely british chocolate on the planet that your canadian friend gave you once is not as sophisticated as you are pretending to be!

Like eat whatever crappy chocolate you like, I love lots of crappy food, but don’t be all elitist about it

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I think that chocolate in particular gets a pass there, because American chocolate actually tastes like vomit to me.

I'll sit down and eats tons of garbage food I know doesn't actually taste good to me like Funyunns and poo poo but at least it doesn't make me feel like I I threw up a few hours ago and can't rinse the taste out. It's not about quality, it's fundamentally different in a way that's bad.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I think that chocolate in particular gets a pass there, because American chocolate actually tastes like vomit to me.

I'll sit down and eats tons of garbage food I know doesn't actually taste good to me like Funyunns and poo poo but at least it doesn't make me feel like I I threw up a few hours ago and can't rinse the taste out. It's not about quality, it's fundamentally different in a way that's bad.

It’s the specific namedropping that annoys me. You can get american chocolate that doesn’t have that Special Flavour. You can get lots of foreign chocolate in the US too. But nope, it has to be the one massive well-known company that’s famously got Hershey manufacturing its US product.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Ok, yeah, I'm behind that.

The only way I can describe what I feel when I'm around bad chocolate is that it's similar to when I throw up in my mouth a little and then have to spend the next few minutes staring at the wall trying to focus on nothing because I don't know what my stomach is going to do next.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Young, healthy, able-bodied people who crowd into the lifts at train stations instead of walking up the stairs. It's slower and you're getting in the way of people who actually need the lift. You're inconveniencing yourself and everyone around you. How is it even possible to be that lazy and inconsiderate?

People who stop walking the moment they step onto an escalator (i.e, everyone). It turns it from something that speeds things up to something slower than regular stairs.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Uh it’s not called an escasooner idiot

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Escalator etiquette is so varied that it makes me avoid using them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Crimpolioni posted:

People who stop walking the moment they step onto an escalator (i.e, everyone). It turns it from something that speeds things up to something slower than regular stairs.

I don't mind people standing on the escalator as long as they stay on the correct side (there are usually signs at the airport so you know which side is the standing side), but when people stand on those moving walkway things it just doesn't make sense. Like with escalators I kind of get it, nobody likes climbing stairs because it takes more exertion than regular walking, but the moving walkways' entire point is to help you get across giant terminals fast. If you stand on them you'll be going slower than you would by just walking normally. And people never stand to the side in them, they always treat it as a time to dig through their carryon or just put their suitcase to the side and browse their phone and huff and act like you're a massive dick for saying "excuse me I need to get by".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Uh it’s not called an escasooner idiot

Lmao goddamn

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

that guy who says "for sandwiches" in the arbys commercial.

what the hell else would the meats be for

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Brawnfire posted:

Really look into your heart and think who would give a better blowjob.

With those teeth?! I'm not going to judge but ouch, man.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The next time an american goes “ugh I hate american milk chocolate, gimme that Cadbury’s” or similar, I swear to god, I am going to silently judge them so hard.

There is other chocolate to have! The lowest-hanging most mass-marketed lovely british chocolate on the planet that your canadian friend gave you once is not as sophisticated as you are pretending to be!

Like eat whatever crappy chocolate you like, I love lots of crappy food, but don’t be all elitist about it

i've been trying to convince people for years that "american cheese" isn't all kraft singles, and is actually incredibly delicious. sometimes i need cheese to melt properly, and cheddar tends to get oily

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah the solution to oily cheese is to buy the processed pasteurized cheese food product that is even more oily but has a chemical emulsifier to hold it together.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

what is so bad about "processed"? why shouldn't we use our chemicals to make food better? Stop being so afraid of "chemicals".

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Yeah the solution to oily cheese is to buy the processed pasteurized cheese food product that is even more oily but has a chemical emulsifier to hold it together.

okay

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I truly love a slice of american cheese on a burger and am fully on your side bad posts ahead!!!

Plus you have a bad machinery avatar so you're cool in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I was actually about to post that article as a point against you. American cheese used to be an actual cheese made like any other cheese. After Kraft came along American cheese just became the name for the leftover byproducts from making cheese mixed together and congealed. It's not that the chemicals themselves are bad it's just the fact that it's used as a cheap and fast substitute for making actual cheese which gives the fake stuff the weird impossible texture.