Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lmaooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
mommy the army was hard can I go back to being a little lordling

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'm in Army she says, like we're supposed to imagine her with a lip full of dip digging trenches and lugging around a rifle and a vest full of armor inserts.

When the reality of her service is more like Buster Bluth.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

terrorist ambulance posted:

I'm in Army she says, like we're supposed to imagine her with a lip full of dip digging trenches and lugging around a rifle and a vest full of armor inserts.

When the reality of her service is more like Buster Bluth.

Do you remember when Romney was running for president? And he proudly said he "Enjoyed sport and sporting," referring to his dressage horse? That's the tone I heard from you quoting her "I'm in Army." Though Buster Bluth is also a good tone to say that in.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
She’s in Hero Squad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:smithicide:

e: this is almost as good as the laughlin daughter revealing that she didn't even care about going to college.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm a support officer in the military with tons of political pull! I'm helping!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think this is all good evidence that we really do live in a meritocracy. I'm certain that Justice Kavanaugh has only selected the best and brightest to clerk for him.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/education/american-bar-association-votes-to-strip-thomas-jefferson-law-school-of-accreditation/

Thomas Jefferson's losing ABA accreditation. Saw that coming a mile away.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Eminent Domain posted:

The school has struggled financially since taking on significant debt to build a new $90 million facility in East Village amid the financial recession last decade.

The good news is with the interest on the student loans, that facility will only cost 250 million!

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Eminent Domain posted:

The school has struggled financially since taking on significant debt to build a new $90 million facility in East Village amid the financial recession last decade.

Would you like to join us?
Or stay mellow
Doin' whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The median lsat score was 143 holy gently caress lol

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Can't wait to buy the published collection of her social media posts about how tough her life has been.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
It's kinda gross, and it disturbs me when people I know defend these people's god-given right to be pseudo-nobility.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

“The law school is disappointed by this capricious decision and strongly disagrees with the Council’s findings,” the school said in a statement.

Lmao. Capricious indeed!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Good news for the Jeffersonians!

quote:

Last year the school successfully sought approval to become a state-accredited school if it lost its national accreditation.

The state accreditation kicking in would ensure Thomas Jefferson’s graduates could still take the California bar exam. But graduates would no longer be automatically eligible to take the bar exam in other states.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GMAT waiver approved. Should know if I’m in the MS finance program by thurs.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
For some reason, the CNMI used to recruit its law clerks almost exclusively from Thomas Jefferson. Either the judges figured these graduates would have no opportunity to back out and take another job, or the judges were getting kickbacks from the school.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

GMAT waiver approved. Should know if I’m in the MS finance program by thurs.

https://youtu.be/jmbOWm_UqYo

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Monaghan posted:

The median lsat score was 143 holy gently caress lol

Isn't 140 the minimum? Or is that 120?

In other news, I have a summer law clerk with a temporary bar card (let's him practice law under supervision in his third year). He tried a case against a pro se today and won. I'm very proud.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

120 is the min. a 143 is a solid 20th percentile score

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I taught LSAT prep to some folks who could only score low 140's on practice exams. They were perfectly nice people who were completely unable to identify the topic of a paragraph. I cannot imagine them being competent lawyers.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Bar prep sucks and I can’t wait for this bullshit to be over.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Toona the Cat posted:

It gets so much worse.

Good luck man. Take a break every 2-3 hours, take walks, get coffees or lemonade at local stores "just cause," break things up. Put in the work and you'll do fine.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Toona the Cat posted:

Well if you get bored, grab a quickie with a study partner or something.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Nice piece of fish posted:

drat lol

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Wtf toona still isn't barred?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Adultery is a moral wrong, not a bannable one

Edit: phone posting and misread barred as banned. Leaving it as is

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 12, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving :lol:

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Yeah. He’s taking the test for a payraise.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

That's weird. We have a municipal arbitration council which is a non-law first tier (often mandatory) step before you can file a case with the courts. Like a pro se bonanza. It fucks up everything, all the time. The best part is that it is immune to procedural objections (because they are all idiot lay people and don't know and can't follow civil procedure) and they serve people by simple mail. Yeah, they send you a letter and if you don't get it, sucks to be you because then they have an unlimited ability to render summary judgement against you. Whupsy! And every mail fuckup is considered a procedural issue. Which you can't do anything about except file a full lawsuit within a month of judgement. Which you might not know about.

I hate them so much.

So yeah I'm working this kind of case now. gently caress me.

Client claims to have been served for foreclosure of their home last month. No earlier notice, served by policeman. Total amount owed is about 40 000 USD, of which 50% is interest and fees. Basis for the claim? Summary judgement from the municipal arbitration council for failure to reply to complaint relating to a real estate sale, served by mail to a wrong address, in loving 2011. Sale was five years earlier.

Christ I hate the council. I hate them so very very much.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

:golfclap:

I mean it isn’t bad, I’m hitting my benchmarks and then some. I just want time to sit, drink, and generally dick off.

Also, I bought a new house and my ex-wife and I remarried in a self-uniting ceremony.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Toona the Cat posted:

Also, I bought a new house and my ex-wife and I remarried in a self-uniting ceremony.

Ah yes, because marriage and home ownership will deter you from loving a study partner.

Wtf is a "self-uniting ceremony" though? Is that some Gwyneth Paltrow poo poo?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toona the Cat posted:

:allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Toona the Cat posted:

I just want time to sit, drink, and generally dick off.

C'mon this is what got you in trouble the first time around

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Toona the Cat posted:

:golfclap:

I mean it isn’t bad, I’m hitting my benchmarks and then some. I just want time to sit, drink, and generally dick off.

I think you mean "dick around"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dick off is what will happen when his wife once removed catches him cheating again.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dick off is what will happen when his wife once removed catches him cheating again.

Jesus Christ

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I laughed.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Nah, guys. Toona is clearly a believer in third time's the charm here. One more divorce, mortgage, and re-marriage to go.