Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll stay up past my bedtime to watch the SE presentation essentially just for Collection of Mana and the small chance they tease the next full Octopath game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FFVIIR actually looks good, I cant believe it. Its probably going to just be midgard at the rate given that the loving guard scorpion is 200x times more complicated than the original

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

i heard a poo poo and a damnit from ff7

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Cao Ni Ma posted:

FFVIIR actually looks good, I cant believe it. Its probably going to just be midgard at the rate given that the loving guard scorpion is 200x times more complicated than the original

Yep. They confirmed that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Liked the stagger mechanic, hope the combat system is like a crazy hybrid of 15/13. I think Kitase said straight up the first game is going to be just Midgar but that they expect it will be 2 BR discs. :stare:

Probably just means shitloads of uncompressed audio/video tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It she!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lol there gonna be some angry nerds about Tifa's reduced bust size

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tifa's tits aren't bigger than her head, game bad

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

also a bastard

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

how come it doesn't say "episode 1" or anything to indicate that it's only midgar like people keep saying? or did that plan get called off as development dragged on

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This game looks loving good. AS good as a modern remake they could have done. Square didn't gently caress this up. The command stuff looks a lot better than FFXV but I already liked FFXV.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

eke out posted:

how come it doesn't say "episode 1" or anything to indicate that it's only midgar like people keep saying? or did that plan get called off as development dragged on

The future games will be called VII-2, etc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Not it on being the bucket bitch in the crystal chronicles remake

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DrNutt posted:

Liked the stagger mechanic, hope the combat system is like a crazy hybrid of 15/13. I think Kitase said straight up the first game is going to be just Midgar but that they expect it will be 2 BR discs. :stare:

Probably just means shitloads of uncompressed audio/video tho

The compromise system they've come up with looks like a really good idea.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The FFVII remake looks good.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

FF8 remaster rumors got me like

:same:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I need Square to stop loving around and give their releases parity across platforms. I don't want to go out and buy a switch just to play that rad looking definitive edition of DQ11 with a sprite-art version and fully orchestrated soundtrack dammit.

I mean I want a switch but I can't really afford one right now.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Lol there gonna be some angry nerds about Tifa's reduced bust size
There are already nerds angry about Tifa’s reduced bust size.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Supersonic Shine posted:

OFC.

Also I really can't bring myself to care about Kingdom Hearts and everything I see makes me wish it was just a straight up mashup of Disney/ existing Final Fantasy characters and not a whole bunch of stupid looking "ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL"

e: man these assholes at SE are going to get me sucked into FFXIV again

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 11, 2019

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

where

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

/v/

Nerds would’ve been mad even if they stuck to her concept art so it’s just same poo poo on a different day, I would’ve been happy either way but the boobs are cool and good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m the 90s cgi model, has anyone seen my spine the last place I saw it was the Kalm flashback

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Alright this finally got me. I already liked XV a lot and this looks way more fun to play.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Video up anywhere yet?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DrNutt posted:

OFC.

Also I really can't bring myself to care about Kingdom Hearts and everything I see makes me wish it was just a straight up mashup of Disney/ existing Final Fantasy characters and not a whole bunch of stupid looking "ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL"

Then you're better off complaining about Disney because lmao if you don't think they're not incredibly particular about how their characters can be used.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cleretic posted:

The release date trailer doesn't even have Tifa in it.

Either that first release is going to be miniscule, or they are not meeting that release date.

reveal yourself

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Then you're better off complaining about Disney because lmao if you don't think they're not incredibly particular about how their characters can be used.

Did Disney somehow prevent Square from using FF characters instead of lovely looking knockoffs?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
That FFXIV trailer was kinda loving insane and anyone who doesn't play the game has zero context/understanding for literally anything shown.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Did Disney somehow prevent Square from using FF characters instead of lovely looking knockoffs?

Nope, Nomura stated he felt the crossover thing was played out so he removed them all

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

/v/

Nerds would’ve been mad even if they stuck to her concept art so it’s just same poo poo on a different day, I would’ve been happy either way but the boobs are cool and good
Yeah for real, Remake Tifa looks great IMO.

FF7 Remake is going to own.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Video up anywhere yet?

If you mean for the new trailer, here ya go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJZg7pVtiI

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mordiceius posted:

That FFXIV trailer was kinda loving insane and anyone who doesn't play the game has zero context/understanding for literally anything shown.

The stinger makes literally no sense to anybody who hasn't played the game and yet if you have you're that guy who shouted at the end of it and it owns.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao that officially licensed Avengers game looks like some weird bootleg knock off of the MCU

E: whoops this ain't the e3 chat thread xxx

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

FF8 remaster rumors got me like

Hail Satan

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mordiceius posted:

Hail Satan

DrNutt posted:

Wow, look how remastered this is! *still 4:3, cutscenes running about 12 fps*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe they beat a bunch of interns with belts and zippers until they remade FF8 from scratch.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As a big Cloud and Tifa fanboy, hell ye

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm glad the battle system works like I thought it would.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I heard somewhere that episode 1 of FFVIIR is going to be $60. Is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress me up on FFVIII