Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Dark Draker, huh?...more like Dork Draker...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Chas McGill posted:

this crosses the line

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

What's a true doom murderhead thing to name ones dog?

basketball

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yes. yes.

Chas McGill posted:

i will not hesitate to cut you down

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Truecon420 posted:

If anyone wants to support Frankie for all his work now's a wonderful time via following or subscribing on twitch (but also buy his game when it's out). If you have twitch prime you can even "subscribe" to the stream for free (see the sub button next to the follow button upper right above screen)

E: Link to Frankie Stream Again (currently Barkley 2 dev) for very lazy:
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Quoting myself to say that Frankie just put back in debugging

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Truecon420 posted:

Quoting myself to say that Frankie just put back in debugging

He is a Giga Gamer God

Vipershark
Nov 13, 2010
* Resume Reality
* Hack the Files
* END THE PAIN

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Frankie did amazing work on Barkley, I can't wait to actually explore the world even if the game itself isn't really there.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Hey I've got some game maker experience and I'll work part time for free if bhroom gives up control of the project

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i finished 2 and a half tutorials in game maker years ago. plz hire me and pay me a deece six figgy salary

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I don't mean to me by the way, lol. Just to GZ or someone else who's actually a designer

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I don’t know how to comment on Twitch on my phone, so I’m just popping in to say you’re doing god’s work Frankie. Thanks for hanging in there.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Has anyone Toxxed themselves over Barkley 2?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

He's had over 60-70 viewers all day. I think that's the recording before he stopped to eat/do other stuff. He's working again rn tho lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BiggerJ posted:

Has anyone Toxxed themselves over Barkley 2?

Phone posting: you can use the search function on this particular thread for "Toxx" and get some hits to sift through. This thread is the totem.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Frankie took a break to get some progress on his real RPG while poo poo was compiling lol

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Bisse posted:

To hold over until Demo Day, found some of my old stuff in the old Cool Ideas landfill from way back in 2013 when it was the Ideas Man Fiesta. Little bit of insight on what kind of garbage everyone brought to the table.

----- Disco Moroder

Wrote a quest for getting a Disco Zauber. You would meet Disco Moroder and inspire him to spark a second wave of Disco using tunes you heard from a connecting 56K modem.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fasie4TZOx_o0vxd0fe9RKYXHsaUeavo

----- "A Baller I Was Meant To Be"

An idea for the at that point undefined b-ball minigame, later TTX, was your b-ball team at some point would start singing a ripoff of the "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be" song from Monkey Island 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

Same thing, you would need to find the right answer that they can't rhyme on to shut them up. We would skip recording actual lyrics, but still time the music.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HDSyxD71Q3DajrDYHMmZ3AgrGWkwO5wi
The orignal song ends when when they can't rhyme on Orange, but here they would use the half-rhyme Lozenge and keep going.

Man, I love that idea. The original Monkey Island 3 scene is amazing, it's probably my favorite bit from any adventure game. I would have loved to see that.

Vipershark
Nov 13, 2010
It's so good to see actual Barkley 2 progress.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

HOW MANY APPLE?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ItBreathes posted:

What's a true doom murderhead thing to name ones dog?

Otis

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Frankie, the absolute maniac, is still going:

Stream done. I saw a glimpse of Dwarfnet

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 12, 2019

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

He just finished after successfully incorporating a stable DWARFnet into the game

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We don't deserve a hero like Frankie.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Give control of brkly 2 to Frankie and this will be released and usher in a golden age of games

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Frankie is currently working on his own horror rpg with an actual publisher.

It has all sorts of monsters with horrifying attacks, so he can just add one that forces you to debug a random section of barkley 2.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Bisse posted:

To hold over until Demo Day, found some of my old stuff in the old Cool Ideas landfill from way back in 2013 when it was the Ideas Man Fiesta. Little bit of insight on what kind of garbage everyone brought to the table.

----- Disco Moroder

Wrote a quest for getting a Disco Zauber. You would meet Disco Moroder and inspire him to spark a second wave of Disco using tunes you heard from a connecting 56K modem.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fasie4TZOx_o0vxd0fe9RKYXHsaUeavo

:eyepop:

Incredible

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

This is the most incredible project. As someone noted, every implemented idea is batshit crazy but awesome, every non-implemented idea deemed too infeasible is even more batshit crazy and even more awesome, too bad the actual game kinda got laid in the wayside and never got made. Godspeed you crazy bastards, keep on being awesome in your current projects. I hope someone implements some of this stuff in a fun game that we can, y'know, actually play someday.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Even if the game never gets beyond Frankie's demo release, now that the curtain's been pulled back it would be a real shame if everything that's been teased just disappears again. Could you just compile the script and all the design notes into an ebook or something and sell it to get some :10bux: to pay back all the promised wages and whatever?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Vice President posted:

Even if the game never gets beyond Frankie's demo release, now that the curtain's been pulled back it would be a real shame if everything that's been teased just disappears again. Could you just compile the script and all the design notes into an ebook or something and sell it to get some :10bux: to pay back all the promised wages and whatever?

This would go down very well lol

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wamdoodle posted:

Stream done. I saw a glimpse of Dwarfnet

"A glimpse of Dwarfnet" has the same energy as "A Dream of Spring"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vice President posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5tpFX3_xA

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

I know I posted it earlier but the guy who made LISA being an actual IRL martial arts weapons wrestleboy explains so much about that game and makes its existence that much cooler. It really is like basically outsider art therapy and even if the DLC retroactively killed a lot of the cool mystique and subtext the game as itself is a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSud7WAVhcw

Like he made the entire soundtrack on the demo version of Fruity Loops and anyone with an understanding of that software will immediately rcognize all the default/stock stuff he uses and how loving weird he gets with it, it's just on an entirely other level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

I think my favorite description of Ding is "he looks like the rival from a martial arts movie." :allears:

Also that his career trajectory was I want to make video games like double dragon! > Oh I can't I'll just be a martial artist like the guys from double dragon > Oh I can make games! :v:

baka sounds like backer (as in kickstarter backer)

Makes ya think, don't it

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 12, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
unironically I would pay :10bux: to read more content like Disco Moroder

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Vice President posted:

I oughta slap you

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
If you’d pay :10bux: to read unimplemented game ideas, might I recommend the something awful forums

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the zybourne clock FYAD thread is probably still in the goldmine somewhere

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
For $200 I will draft the design doc for my b2-level ambition game that I envisioned while doing GMS tutorials. It’s an isometric action game inspired by the Boktai series where you take part in a botched guerrilla attack on a gala being held by the vampire bourgeoisie and their human affiliates.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
So the first big day of testing and debugging went really well. I appreciate the well wishes and motivation, but there are 5 of us making fixes and 4 people testing out the game and finding issues, so stop calling this Frankie's demo please.

Yesterday I almost finished installing dwarfnet from its separate project into the main project, only tweaks left is some text alignment issues and positioning issues I noticed after the stream yesterday, and also normal game music fails to resume when you quit dwarfnet too.
I also added some kind of error logging we can use to print out debug info to an external text file, because Barkley seems to be preventing Game Maker Studio's normal debug system, so figuring out problems felt like working blind.

bhroom added a loading image because the game takes long enough to load without any apparent loading that it feels like it failed to launch, so people try running it again and end up with several instances running at once. He also fixed too many quest/scripting problems to count from all the playtesting, added an extra starting gun to help the learning curve at the start, and fixed a cursor display issue.

Urto has been figuring out and fixing some issues regarding the games' default settings, and finding grammar issues and typos.

Stefano fixed a display problem with the game screen being displayed twice during character creation. (I dont actually know who that is? Do I know you under another username? At first I thought Stefano was paperjack but I noticed paperjack is listed separately in the GIT repository. Who is this mysterious programming gentleman??)

Weve also been talking about adding a pile of guns you get for free at the very beginning, so we can get you basic info about the general concept of how your arsenal works and have enough weapons to try it out right away. Also been thinking about tweaking the stats of one of the early enemies.

Lurdiak, Scarodactyl, Landsharkrawr and The Monster King have been doing testing, and have found a lot of issues for us to fix. Lurdiak and Scarodactyl in particular have been putting a lot of their time into this, and I really appreciate it.

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

mp5 posted:

the zybourne clock FYAD thread is probably still in the goldmine somewhere

Or Demon Rush! I bet THAT game will never get a remake on PS4.