Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 3

Anomalous Amalgam (4): Mr. Steak, PMush Perfect, OMGVBFLOL, PMush Perfect, GulagDolls, Jen X, Mr. Steak, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (4): Mikujin, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (1): spacing in vienna
Jen X (1): PMush Perfect, Mr. Steak, PMush Perfect, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam
spacing in vienna (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Mikujin (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
GulagDolls (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): PMush Perfect

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 12th, 2019 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 49 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

Yeah seriously if we somehow NL three days in a row I'm going to start pushing the "mass town suicide" thing hard because gently caress.

I'm doing this for right now but I'm completely down with Jen atm.

##vote b-minus1

Well this is certainly one way to get there

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm going to be on at deadline. Haven't missed one yet. I didn't vote on the steak/AA mess because both of them are (were?) at -1 with like 24 hours to go. If I can get some traction onto b-, fantastic. If not, I'll switch.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mafia edit, they're at -2 each, my vote would make it -1.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, now idk which one of you to agree with. i love both of those votes. i think i'll go with this.

##vote jen

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jen X posted:

probably Hal and vienna

AA wildcard

in response to Mr. Steak, but:

GulagDolls posted:

##vote aa three people copy this post and put it into your something awful post window and then press the submit reply button
Let's not forget that GD probably replaced a scum pig.

Jen X posted:

##vote aa three people copy this post and put it into your something awful post window and then press the submit reply button

- signed, GulagDolls, Jen X, [YOUR NAME HERE], [YOUR NAME HERE (new person)]

Jen X posted:

I think I have thought AA was scum in every game I've been in with him, so my judgment there is bad but I'm happy to see if this is the one where my gut is right

Jen X posted:

I have no idea how to interpret AA's...not a full meltdown, really, more of a slow, low dribble

but regardless, proclamations of this being his town game aside (and, like, is it? binus, at least back the claim, I'm pinging you as town because you get super irritated when poked as town in my experience w/you, if you have a read on the guy please explain further), I'm...still fine with the kill? He refuses to pay into the lowtax spine fund and get an avatar that doesn't proclaim his shameful defeat, and that's the sign of a man who has accepted death

and maybe more relevantly, giving up but not self-hammering is null, self-hammering is bad practice

Like does this logic even make sense? Is it relevant to the game in any meaningful way?

Also lmao at Humalong, again... What content has Jen provided?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
eh maybe pig was town, and gulag is just gulag. I'm getting bad ~vibes~ from Humalong right now.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

so you think the biggest two lurkers, one of which replaced out day 3, are both scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is a weird way of tossing shade without actually contributing something, and I would like you to answer earnestly what content you think Jen provided following her return.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

so you think the biggest two lurkers, one of which replaced out day 3, are both scum?

I think you and Jen might be scum.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My reasoning for Sega Genesis is simple, she isn't actually committed to her vote beyond that she doesn't really enjoy playing with me. She's demonstrated clearly in her posts that she doesn't necessarily believe me to be scum, and even goes so far to list two scum candidates, while leaving me as some wildcard.

Her posts are blatantly against the spirit of the game, and grossly lack conviction.

As someone who loves poo poo posting, I gotta say this looks bad and would look bad if it were directed at any of the living players.
I'm in agreement with you on this, though I've already voiced my concerns regarding Jen X.

That said, I still think Mr. Steak is the best candidate for the day. The fact that their only real posts of substance have come out on deadline day of Day 3 when they are one of two front-runners for lynching convince me more that they're scum than town, to be frank.

I'm doing this for right now but I'm completely down with Jen atm.

##vote b-minus1

Are you voting b-minus1 specifically because of the interaction with Steak? If so, it seems extremely misguided and un-loving-productive. This late in the day, this close to deadline, you'd best be coming up with a more substantial reason to sway anyone to such a vote, or you're just providing distraction.

I know I've previously voiced that, by and large, b-minus1 comes across town (if a bit misguided at times). I need something more compelling than the nit-picky poo poo you quoted - because otherwise this does feel like you being intentionally distracting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

eh maybe pig was town, and gulag is just gulag. I'm getting bad ~vibes~ from Humalong right now.

ok so you are more sure of the lurker jen than you are of the poster that spent deadline day 1 flip flopping between you and a now-confirmed town, made a weird hedging post about it day 2, and has come in with a bunch of drive by votes since then

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok so you are more sure of the lurker jen than you are of the poster that spent deadline day 1 flip flopping between you and a now-confirmed town, made a weird hedging post about it day 2, and has come in with a bunch of drive by votes since then

drive by votes on anyone they think they can float as an option, btw

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
whooooaa lol, anyone ANYONE, everyone.... EVERYONE stop responding to humalong and read his post history in this game. Let him bark into the void while you analyze that heaping pile of steaming doo.

I'm going to vote Hum or Jen today. I'd like you to do the same.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is a weird way of tossing shade without actually contributing something, and I would like you to answer earnestly what content you think Jen provided following her return.

mikujin said the exact same thing but with more words and ok let me go do your work for you hang on

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

whooooaa lol, anyone ANYONE, everyone.... EVERYONE stop responding to humalong and read his post history in this game. Let him bark into the void while you analyze that heaping pile of steaming doo.

This is a very scummy turn from you after you said you were "giving up" on the game

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'm going to be on at deadline. Haven't missed one yet. I didn't vote on the steak/AA mess because both of them are (were?) at -1 with like 24 hours to go. If I can get some traction onto b-, fantastic. If not, I'll switch.

You know what would be more helpful than "bump"? Answering any of the direct questions that people have asked you. Admitting you were wrong, in your huge post about me. Acknowledging that you just misquoted steak. Literally anything other than the word "bump."

Mikujin's Hot Take posted:

You know what would be more helpful than a vote with no context? Literally any context. Admitting that your vote is lovely. Acknowledging that your vote is by and large unsubstantiated and obfuscatory. Literally anything other than a no context vote.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

That said, I still think Mr. Steak is the best candidate for the day. The fact that their only real posts of substance have come out on deadline day of Day 3 when they are one of two front-runners for lynching convince me more that they're scum than town, to be frank.

i wasn't really into the game before. being on the chopping block sure heats things up tho.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is a very scummy turn from you after you said you were "giving up" on the game

I mean everyone should totally look back at all your game play this game, it is BAD, but the turn is because I've activated staycation mode AA.

Sorry scum, you can pack it up.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Steak posted:

drat, now idk which one of you to agree with. i love both of those votes. i think i'll go with this.

##vote jen

"Hell yeah let's vote anyone whose not me." :rolleyes:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

"Hell yeah let's vote anyone whose not me." :rolleyes:

cuz taking my vote off aa and making myself the vote leader is definitely that..... :rolleyes:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

but if we're going to get serious about this. Off SiV, maybe mush or gulag. I'm beginning to feel a slap fight with Miku. Just a bit.

This came shortly after you accused binus and SiV of bussing each other. Then a short while later you said

This is why I think mush is town lmao. I am legitimately cracked up by that vote.

So you went from saying you thought the scum could be "mush or gulag" to "I think mush is town". Hmm

Now we're at:

You've now named the majority of the players left in the game as possible scum. In one game day.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Eh, I've largely been neutral on Humalong. If anything, their unvote on you as that stupid wagon ramped up quick struck me as a particularly town move. Based on what I've seen so far, I don't think it's a particularly good vote. Jen X is, as previously mentioned, would be an acceptable alternative to Steak.

Mr. Steak posted:

cuz taking my vote off aa and making myself the vote leader is definitely that..... :rolleyes:
Swapping your vote from AA, whose vote is not gaining traction at all, and moving it to the one other person whose vote is gaining traction, and trying to make yourself out to be a martyr. Classy move.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

i wasn't really into the game before. being on the chopping block sure heats things up tho.

You are #5 in total posts this game. How is that not "really into the game"?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

Are you voting b-minus1 specifically because of the interaction with Steak? If so, it seems extremely misguided and un-loving-productive. This late in the day, this close to deadline, you'd best be coming up with a more substantial reason to sway anyone to such a vote, or you're just providing distraction.

I know I've previously voiced that, by and large, b-minus1 comes across town (if a bit misguided at times). I need something more compelling than the nit-picky poo poo you quoted - because otherwise this does feel like you being intentionally distracting.

Not just because of steak. For plenty of reasons, none of which I consider nitpicky.

1 - b- has ducked several direct questions, from me, from other players. He can post up a storm but somehow not get around to answering.

2 - b- is straight up misquoting and lying to make his cases. He misquoted steak -- ok, maybe that was just going fast -- but he also said a couple of pages ago that steak and I never directly interacted. Which is BS, because I know we had a back and forth at least once about the vote fuckery. I pointed out that he was either skimming or fudging, and he ... Ignored that post, like he does all the other direct questions.

3 - his case on steak is "I bet scum thought tomm was a cop, since tomm voted for steak." I asked him what about tomm's vote jumped out at him as special -- several people voted steak D2, why would tomm be the one that scum would peg as cop? That wasn't shade; that was a legitimate question, because it's possible b- saw something about the way tomm voted that was different from the other pushes on steak D2. But I wouldn't know because this is yet another question he won't answer.

It's frustrating and it's starting to feel like deliberate obfuscation, so I voted. You don't see the case, fine, then don't vote. I'm not under the delusion that I can sway everyone in the next several hours -- that'd be great, but town can't seem to find its rear end with both hands this game, so I'm not expecting people to even show up for deadline. As I said, I'll switch by deadline to ensure we don't NL, but I'm not going to ignore scumminess just because that person isn't the vote leader.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

People I would like to hear from well before deadline:

OMG - dropped a very early vote on AA, hasn't posted much if at all since
Gulag - because i love gulag
Hal - still lurking real hard
PMush - not voting anyone

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dude if you can't read my previous posts for context then congratulations on your short attention span.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not just because of steak. For plenty of reasons, none of which I consider nitpicky.

1 - b- has ducked several direct questions, from me, from other players. He can post up a storm but somehow not get around to answering.

2 - b- is straight up misquoting and lying to make his cases. He misquoted steak -- ok, maybe that was just going fast -- but he also said a couple of pages ago that steak and I never directly interacted. Which is BS, because I know we had a back and forth at least once about the vote fuckery. I pointed out that he was either skimming or fudging, and he ... Ignored that post, like he does all the other direct questions.

3 - his case on steak is "I bet scum thought tomm was a cop, since tomm voted for steak." I asked him what about tomm's vote jumped out at him as special -- several people voted steak D2, why would tomm be the one that scum would peg as cop? That wasn't shade; that was a legitimate question, because it's possible b- saw something about the way tomm voted that was different from the other pushes on steak D2. But I wouldn't know because this is yet another question he won't answer.

It's frustrating and it's starting to feel like deliberate obfuscation, so I voted. You don't see the case, fine, then don't vote. I'm not under the delusion that I can sway everyone in the next several hours -- that'd be great, but town can't seem to find its rear end with both hands this game, so I'm not expecting people to even show up for deadline. As I said, I'll switch by deadline to ensure we don't NL, but I'm not going to ignore scumminess just because that person isn't the vote leader.

binus is an extremely stubborn player who routinely refuses to engage with the game beyond quoting effortposts about him and replying with "lol"

You are never going to get effort from him unless he wants to provide it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the jen vote only got a tiny bit of traction BECAUSE of me lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

the jen vote only got a tiny bit of traction BECAUSE of me lol

right lol

I honestly don't think this is steak's scum game.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wait, why? If someone was giving up on the game, and now isn't, why is that in and of itself scummy?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also yes, i do think that this close to deadline with a town desperate to lynch ANYBODY, it's a big deal to let myself look like that much easier of a lynch target.....

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Wait, why? If someone was giving up on the game, and now isn't, why is that in and of itself scummy?

because he's gone from giving up to naming nearly every other player as possible scum and flooding the thread

if AA isn't scum then he's actively muddying the waters

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

because he's gone from giving up to naming nearly every other player as possible scum and flooding the thread

if AA isn't scum then he's actively muddying the waters

OH. Okay, I thought you were implying somehow that it was the act of contributing after he had decided to give up that was scummy, not the scattershot approach to it, and I was confused on that one.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

binus is an extremely stubborn player who routinely refuses to engage with the game beyond quoting effortposts about him and replying with "lol"

You are never going to get effort from him unless he wants to provide it.

This seems like a fantastic way to coast as scum, once you've developed this meta for yourself. So I'm not unvoting yet.

Miku, one thing I didn't mention, there are several direct questions to b- that he has completely sidestepped, from a number of players, not just me going "ugh ur wrong" on the last page.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OH. Okay, I thought you were implying somehow that it was the act of contributing after he had decided to give up that was scummy, not the scattershot approach to it, and I was confused on that one.

Only I haven't had a scattershot approach, that's a misrepresentation.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

people I wouldn't vote today:

Miku - good effort, logical picks
binus - generally his scum meta is to lurk the gently caress out and he hasn't done that this game
siv - good effort, slightly less logical picks than miku but that's fine
gulag - I literally cannot ever read gulag and usually hope and pray someone else can
myself - I'm town and the detective

That leaves AA, Hal, Jen, PMush, Steak, and OMG.

AA - has gone from hard lurking to defeatist attitude to slinging everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what will stick. usually I can discern some sort of logical thread from AA's playing but this game it's been like reading the scribbled ramblings of a madman, called his argument with Miku a "town slap-fight"
Hal - hard lurking, general Hal-ness
Jen - hard lurking, has posted some content which looked a lot better the first time I read it than the second, refuses to engage with the game
PMush - stubborn fixation on AA, called two people arguing a "town slap-fight"
Steak - frantic flip-flopping at deadline day 1, weird apology post at start of day 2, drive-by votes that seem suspicious, claims to have not been engaged with the game until like 20 minutes ago
OMG - gonna be honest I can't recall a single post of OMG's that sticks out to me. will reread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Only I haven't had a scattershot approach, that's a misrepresentation.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

people I wouldn't vote today:

Miku - good effort, logical picks
binus - generally his scum meta is to lurk the gently caress out and he hasn't done that this game
siv - good effort, slightly less logical picks than miku but that's fine
gulag - I literally cannot ever read gulag and usually hope and pray someone else can
myself - I'm town and the detective

That leaves AA, Hal, Jen, PMush, Steak, and OMG.

AA - has gone from hard lurking to defeatist attitude to slinging everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what will stick. usually I can discern some sort of logical thread from AA's playing but this game it's been like reading the scribbled ramblings of a madman, called his argument with Miku a "town slap-fight"
Hal - hard lurking, general Hal-ness
Jen - hard lurking, has posted some content which looked a lot better the first time I read it than the second, refuses to engage with the game
PMush - stubborn fixation on AA, called two people arguing a "town slap-fight"
Steak - frantic flip-flopping at deadline day 1, weird apology post at start of day 2, drive-by votes that seem suspicious, claims to have not been engaged with the game until like 20 minutes ago
OMG - gonna be honest I can't recall a single post of OMG's that sticks out to me. will reread

Fully prepared to look back on this after I get NKed tonight and laugh when all the scum are in my "wouldn't vote" list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Omg I can’t believe I mixed up the games I was in AGAIN

I don’t really buy into AAs “just go read humalong” bit but I do kind of agree on Jen, she had that pointless callout of me earlier that kinda led nowhere and really she’s kinda doing that scummy discredit people without casing them thing