Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhguhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffffffaaaaaaaaaac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

Why does this war sound more like bumbling around? What exactly were you people hoping to get from Ardite anyway?

He took bombs from Tay, he attacked Azure for several reasons, he then went back to fight a war. It’s not hard.

And then we are going to exile people for a one month truce so that way next month they can come back and start the war again. I swear I know I wasn’t here and no one wants to rehash this with me but does no one at all see how much worse this will make things?

KEN BURNS THE CHANNELWOOD WAR WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN A WAY YOU CAN UNDERSTAND BITCH

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Zel, I think you broke Zeal.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don’t know what any of those words mean Azure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

Zel, I think you broke Zeal.

I don’t like Zeal at least Azure is fun. Zeal is a very bad alter ego

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

And then we are going to exile people for a one month truce so that way next month they can come back and start the war again. I swear I know I wasn’t here and no one wants to rehash this with me but does no one at all see how much worse this will make things?

The other option was permanent exile and we didn't want to force anyone to give up their homes for forever so the month was what we managed. But then the Reds decided permanent exile for themselves so that's that I guess?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Essentially, no compromise is able to be reached between Red vs Blue. One side has to win and the other side has to be exiled. Zeal was trying to compromise by making it a month’s exile and then reintegrating the reds but now they’re going full scorned earth, destroying as much if Channelwood as they can while trying to run away from the age. Hence why I’m worried about Sa. A lot of angry, recently been in war red extreme dwellers are probably coming over. Sa needs to be prepared.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Honestly, the reds may try to go all hostile takeover in another age. They need to be watched over so that they don’t go all inquisition on an age. I am sad things have come to this and how it reflects on the appearance of the Dwellers. I swear, we don’t all want war :smith:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can assure you that if they decide that they would like to try a hostile takeover of Sa, they will encounter a force unlike any they have seen up until now. They should have a chance to integrate into a new society if they should so choose, but as long as they don’t cause problems it should be fine

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't
Coming to whiterock with a friend and some new info. Don't shoot.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Artemis if you're still working at the guild tomorrow and our comms are up do you mind activating them?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Azurelana posted:

Artemis if you're still working at the guild tomorrow and our comms are up do you mind activating them?

You want to burn it?

Any other inventors second this? I fixed them as soon as I got here.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

curiousCat posted:

You want to burn it?

If you're going to be there tomorrow morning then we can have that chat then. Sorry, I just wanted to know about whether it was going to be possible or not.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

curiousCat posted:

You want to burn it?

Theoretically we can upgrade it, but I don't know the specifics behind that. I am ambivalent toward it, do what yall think is best

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

curiousCat posted:

You want to burn it?

On the topic of inventors.. :ohdearsass: Annie has returned.

I believe that her preference is to stay at our shop (in the Sa Common District). Thanks again to everyone who helped me restore Gizmonic Innoventions last night.

To anyone who is leaving Channelwood - if you could bring sets of spare sets of armor to her, Twindigo Armor is very useful and we would appreciate the raw materials if you can bring them.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bagshotrow posted:

Xavier, have you learned anything new with regards to our concerns? I have shared the name of the group with the people who are assembled at the common district but I have not named sources or specifics. Any objection to me sharing the theory as I know it?

I'm sorry, Andra. I wasn't available to speak yesterday. I think it's so much of a metaphor that there's really no harm in sharing any theories at this point. I am with some new people today and there are a couple whose opinions on the matter may be of interest.

What do you mean by 'name of the group,' though? Am I thinking of the same thing? Maybe we need to meet up.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Inventors, we have a decision ahead of us today. I do not know if anyone wishes to volunteer, considering the risks and responsibilities involved, but I am willing to put my name forward. If any others wish to do so, we can have some manner of discussion over who would be ideal for the position. In the meanwhile, the Guild is more or less functional at the moment if anyone wants to come and try some experiments. It may also be possible to complete Guild business once we have a leader chosen.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Unrelated, Larcenist Brodsky, I believe it is time that we had a discussion. I haven’t seen you since that altercation with the guards, and I feel like we have much in common that is worthy of extended talks where others cannot easily listen in.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The War has finally ended in Channelwood.

Burgundy Faran is unconscious and in custody, but he made every participant in this battle bleed for it. Ardite Mateev is dead, and whatever secrets he carries go with him to the grave. The Red Dwellers have left for Lyra, thinking that this world would be a better place to settle. I wish the Reds the best. In the process, the fire they left in the Entrance point has made access to Channelwood unsafe for anything other than transit. Linking in and out, and transit is fine, but anything more complex is dangerous.

As of right now, it falls on everyone on Channelwood who fought to decide this world's future. Four topics are being discussed in Channelwood:

1. Leadership of Channelwood going forward
2. Treatment of outsiders who come to visit Channelwood in the future
3. The possibilities of reparations from the Red Dwellers
4. Azure Lain's 8 Year Plan.

More topics may be brought up as the day goes on, but in time we'll be getting Channelwood and its survivors back on its feet.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Reparations? Pleaae tell me this insane idea isn't getting any traction. Pleaae.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

Reparations? Pleaae tell me this insane idea isn't getting any traction. Pleaae.

I don't want to force anything on the Reds. We've already done enough damage. All we can do now is heal the wounds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
IT WAS ME, I WAS AZURE LAIN ALL ALONG

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'm shocked at this development.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
*sighs.*

I'm ready to lead again if I must.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I’m glad that you’re alive, Azure Lain.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi Len! If you would like to meet for snacks, that's cool! I'm off having a big adventure, I think, but we can still hang out! I'm real curious about what's so serious, or did you just want to chop it up?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

curiousCat posted:

*sighs.*

I'm ready to lead again if I must.

How is the progress going over there? That envoy report into the rebuilding effort is still in progress, but is rebuilding anything still a while away?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m happy to lead the Inventors if others are happy for me to do so.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Hi Len! If you would like to meet for snacks, that's cool! I'm off having a big adventure, I think, but we can still hang out! I'm real curious about what's so serious, or did you just want to chop it up?

I do want to just have a chat, since it’s been so long. I’ve felt fairly isolated from the rest of the Shirnao for a while in truth, and I feel like it might be useful to commiserate with some others, especially some, like you and I, who are from the fringes of things.

I do also have a favor to ask, and I’m afraid that I can’t be too open about the details, save that it shouldn’t be too difficult. There’s not much of a rush, let me know when and where would be a good time to meet and we can arrange something.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, the reply function on my communicator seems to be broken!

I might be in jail again in a minute, but I'll let you know if that works out! If you have crimes for me, that sounds like it'd be a blast!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

The War has finally ended in Channelwood.

Burgundy Faran is unconscious and in custody, but he made every participant in this battle bleed for it. Ardite Mateev is dead, and whatever secrets he carries go with him to the grave. The Red Dwellers have left for Lyra, thinking that this world would be a better place to settle. I wish the Reds the best. In the process, the fire they left in the Entrance point has made access to Channelwood unsafe for anything other than transit. Linking in and out, and transit is fine, but anything more complex is dangerous.

As of right now, it falls on everyone on Channelwood who fought to decide this world's future. Four topics are being discussed in Channelwood:

1. Leadership of Channelwood going forward
2. Treatment of outsiders who come to visit Channelwood in the future
3. The possibilities of reparations from the Red Dwellers
4. Azure Lain's 8 Year Plan.

More topics may be brought up as the day goes on, but in time we'll be getting Channelwood and its survivors back on its feet.

I've looked through the maps we have archived, and Lyra should work pretty well, from what I can tell. Mushrooms are not quite the same as trees, but they're at least tall.

Also, I would like to thank my fellow guild members for their support in choosing me as guild leader. I'll do my best to live up to that trust.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, I would like to thank my fellow guild members for their support in choosing me as guild leader. I'll do my best to live up to that trust.

Oh thank goatse-

er, goodness. Thank goodness.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Congratulations friend, you deserve it.

Just uh...my maternity leave might need to be cut short. D-don't worry! I found a mentor, and protection for the girls, Casey and Ella are fine. But...I can't be a stay at home mom right now.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
also Kerath did you get that specifically not a cypher I sent you?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Krysmphoenix posted:

also Kerath did you get that specifically not a cypher I sent you?

My mind is already churning.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Uh yes, friends. Don't go to Rime.

Also vote me head of the inventor's guild and get free cookies.

((cookies are the only thing i can invent))

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Orchid, did things go smoothly?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Azurelana posted:

Uh yes, friends. Don't go to Rime.

Also vote me head of the inventor's guild and get free cookies.

((cookies are the only thing i can invent))

Do not vote for this man to be head of anything.

Lea, please tell me you're safe, that you're with others as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Lea are you OK?