Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I'm sorry PPD but you sweating like a pig was because you were getting roasted by Alliance, not because the venue was too hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Sampatrick posted:

It is currently around 80 degrees F in Kiev. Why blast AC when it's not even that hot

Yeah I dont really understand why you'd want comfortable playing conditions at an esports event either.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Why even have the event inside at all? It's only 80 degrees out :laffo:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All esports events should take place in a sauna imo

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

Yeah I dont really understand why you'd want comfortable playing conditions at an esports event either.

oh no its a little hot wow

A/C is preferred but honestly it's just a John to complain about it as your reason for losing

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

bringing up legitimate issues with the event's handling of conditions

what a BITCH

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

A/C is preferred but honestly it's just a John to complain about it as your reason for losing

Good thing he didn't do that then

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Andrast posted:

Good thing he didn't do that then

Yeah dude complaining immediately after your loss about how it was so hot and how unacceptable that is was totally not a John lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

Yeah dude complaining immediately after your loss about how it was so hot and how unacceptable that is was totally not a John lmao

Yeah it sure is weird how he complained after the games he had to play in a too hot environment and not before

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Andrast posted:

Yeah it sure is weird how he complained after he had to play in an environment and not before

He sure didn't complain about it before he lost lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

He sure didn't complain about it before he lost lmao

It's almost like a team captain would be focusing on something other than twitter posting when he still has upcoming games

Also temperature generally goes in crowded environments as time goes on

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

Congratulations. You just took over the spot of worst poster of the thread ever since craptacular left. You did it!

E: also he's not blaming the loss on the lack of A/C. Learn to read (i know its hard since you're a smash player but you can do it i believe in you. ALso please take a shower)

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Congratulations. You just took over the spot of worst poster of the thread ever since craptacular left. You did it!

E: also he's not blaming the loss on the lack of A/C. Learn to read (i know its hard since you're a smash player but you can do it i believe in you. ALso please take a shower)

He's clearly blaming his loss on the AC are you kidding me lmao. If he prefaced the statement with, "I'm not saying that we lost because it was hot, " would you still say he wasn't blaming the AC? Jfc, do you understand how to read? Sometimes people are saying poo poo without actually saying it. It's called subtext; I'm sure you are very aware of the concept.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
PPD('s team) versus ancient apparition ice blasts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hVee8lk3w&t=38s

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sirius are getting sassy this game, I love it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

He's clearly blaming his loss on the AC are you kidding me lmao. If he prefaced the statement with, "I'm not saying that we lost because it was hot, " would you still say he wasn't blaming the AC? Jfc, do you understand how to read? Sometimes people are saying poo poo without actually saying it. It's called subtext; I'm sure you are very aware of the concept.

You realize Alliance have to play in the same heat right

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
how dare anyone fight for better playing conditions.

Sampatrick posted:

No this is just you projecting

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 15, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ppd owns sorry haters. Embrace the salt (being exuded from their pores due to the lack of a/c)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Time to play one of the wildest games of "Guess The Hero" I think I've ever seen

Items:

Hero:

Player's MMR:
Zai

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Time to play one of the wildest games of "Guess The Hero" I think I've ever seen

Items:

Hero:

Player's MMR:
Zai

dang, I would've guessed weaver or nyx because the only people who can see that image are bugs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

also ppd getting "gently caress you" money was the best thing to ever happen to dota because he's not afraid to call out literally anything

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Not really related to Dota but I don't think there's a thread for this, but what's going on with all the different versions of Auto Chess floating around now? I don't play or follow the game, and I thought all the hype over the mod died down months ago but now everyone's coming out their own standalone game.

I know Valve pushed out a standalone beta and apparently it's super janky and really obvious they threw it together in like a month. But there's also like 3 different 'official' mobile ports made by random companies which are supposedly supported by the original modders?

Also Riot, Epic, and Blizzard are releasing their own Auto Chess clones? Feels like everyone's desperate to get in on the race to be the Fortnite of a new 'Auto Chess' genre.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Short version:

Mod makers create AutoChess in Dota client. Koreans love it.

Valve approaches them, asks to partner to make game. Custom game devs say no.

Valve makes Underlords, Riot makes their clone, Autochess devs move their game to the Epic store.

At this point, AC itself is losing its playerbase, LoL players don't give a poo poo, and Underlords seems to be gettime some praise for QOL improvements that vanilla AC didn't use.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There is in fact an auto chess thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880684

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
seeing a m orph just taken apart like that in the game one made me v happy.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Didn't get to watch the last series, but RIP catburgers

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are the games that bad that no one is watching/commenting or is it because they're inconsequential from a viewer perspective since both finalists are already going to the major

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
NIP and Alliance are both just really boring, and NIP outplayed Alliance in really boring ways. Like, it’s not a fifty-minute farm festival, but it’s still just one team slowly and inevitably crushing the other because their heroes have more to offer in a fight in every dimension. Alliance keeps drafting playmakers and building them so they can’t make plays.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What is alliance even doing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Holy poo poo that grimstroke :flashfap:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/b/bb/Grimstroke_spawn_08.mp3

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are the games that bad that no one is watching/commenting or is it because they're inconsequential from a viewer perspective since both finalists are already going to the major

Both teams qualified for the major. This GF is just to determine prize money and I don't think either team really gives a poo poo. Playing an hour long game 4 is probably a thorn in everyone's side at this point.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah I know they're both qualified for the major, it's in the text you quoted

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I'm sure that the teams don't care about the fifty thousand dollars they win if they get first

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Does this mean picking techies is valid?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Both teams qualified for the major. This GF is just to determine prize money and I don't think either team really gives a poo poo. Playing an hour long game 4 is probably a thorn in everyone's side at this point.

You can be 100% certain the alliance players really really really want to win a tournament. They definitely give a poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Technically there's a 20 point dpc difference as well but that's also meaningless

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think many people in these teams have so much money that the prize increase doesn't matter either

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Meepo also works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
NIP has won about $300K so far in 2019. Alliance has won about $73K. I’m sure they care about the money.