Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

primelaw posted:

No Beautiful Katamari :(

that and Mortal Kombat were the only reason I checked the lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Thanks all for the tips on maximising the $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal.

I stacked two Golds from CDKeys on top of what I had already, so I'm all set up to March 2022. :eek:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So I'm late but that 3 month ultimate game pass code I got for 20 bucks on Amazon worked the day after. So I'm good until January 2022. :allears:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lol I impulse bought a new X at 2am last night then found out my MS account is locked for a month because I didn't change my 2FA info when I moved countries. $500+ AUD for 16 months of use, yay.

I guess I could create a new account, sign up for ultimate and play gamepass games for a month? That's allowed, right? Will want to go back to my old account when I can.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
so i already converted, no way to add a bunch of gold anymore huh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Fanatic posted:

Thanks all for the tips on maximising the $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal.

I stacked two Golds from CDKeys on top of what I had already, so I'm all set up to March 2022. :eek:

Y'all sure seem confident you'll still be playing Xbone games in 3 years

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

so i already converted, no way to add a bunch of gold anymore huh

Not at a 1:1 exchange rate. You get 2/3 of the time if you had 1- or 3-month codes, and 1/3 of the time if you add a 12-month code.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

isn’t there a way to use gold from another account on the same xbox or something? maybe it’s time for me to make a new account either way ...

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

heeheex2 posted:

isn’t there a way to use gold from another account on the same xbox or something? maybe it’s time for me to make a new account either way ...

Yeah, you have to set the Xbox as the primary console on the Gold account on the same system.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Y'all sure seem confident you'll still be playing Xbone games in 3 years

Of course not, we'll be playing Xbtwo games by then. ;)

It includes Game Pass for PC anyway, so not a complete loss in the unlikely event that Scarlett is a flop.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

nice so just buy a year of gold or w/e on that account and it should just work ?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fanatic posted:

in the unlikely event that Scarlett is a flop.

:thunk:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
So, I now have a OneX and a One. I was going to put the One in the game room for the kiddo to play on and have the OneX on the good TV. However, I only have one Live account (mine).

How does this whole 'home Xbox' nonsense work? Can I be signed into both of them? Can Kiddo play minecraft on the One while I PUBG on the OneX or is there going to be some kind of issue? How does GamePass/Ultimate work?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fanatic posted:

Of course not, we'll be playing Xbtwo games by then. ;)

It includes Game Pass for PC anyway, so not a complete loss in the unlikely event that Scarlett is a flop.

I mean, there's also the very distinct possibility you wouldn't want Scarlett as your next-gen console.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GamePass is cool and all but I'm not locking myself into Microsoft's poo poo for years at a time for the sake of HOT DEAL

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

GamePass is cool and all but I'm not locking myself into Microsoft's poo poo for years at a time for the sake of HOT DEAL

There will be more hot deals every time they need engagement numbers to spike

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

There will be more hot deals every time they need engagement numbers to spike

just LoL if your GamePass sub isn't a semi-continuous stream of $1 trials

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

TheScott2K posted:

I'm gonna own both systems anyway so if I can have 2 years of the service on Scarlett for a pittance then why not.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Yeah, in retrospect, jumping on the half-off deal about a year ago was a mistake.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FunOne posted:

So, I now have a OneX and a One. I was going to put the One in the game room for the kiddo to play on and have the OneX on the good TV. However, I only have one Live account (mine).

How does this whole 'home Xbox' nonsense work? Can I be signed into both of them? Can Kiddo play minecraft on the One while I PUBG on the OneX or is there going to be some kind of issue? How does GamePass/Ultimate work?

I've got the same thing at my house. I just created my son his own account and tied it under mine. Now he can download anything I have downloaded and use gamepass without interrupting me on the X. I think it's under Microsoft family (https://account.microsoft.com/family/) but the child needs his own email (I just used my backup email for it). Then you can also put restrictions on the account which is nice.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Lambert posted:

I mean, there's also the very distinct possibility you wouldn't want Scarlett as your next-gen console.

Well, I have a One X with an even more massive backlog than before that'll keep me occupied for a long time regardless.

Besides, the next gen consoles will be virtually identical in terms of hardware so I'm not too worried, atleast not enough to miss getting 2.5 years of gamepass for $1 (factoring in that I'd be paying for Gold anyway).

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

fishmech posted:

That appears to be a 720p television - the manual indicates the panel is 1366x768. Make sure you have your Xbox set to 720p output to ensure the TV won't have to apply additional scaling. And looka round for anything like "zoom" and make sure its turned off.

Seems to be you have a Japan domestic market set so the settings you want to get after on the tv may be confusingly labeled in English , so if making sure your Xbox outputs only at 720p doesn't work, just start messing around with all the settings under the display options on the TV to see what affects it. On page 136 of the manual there's indications that disabling overscan might be done changing a setting to "Dot by Dot".

This is late but that totally fixed it. A million thanks!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Imagine buying another Xbox after this generations output.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

RBX posted:

I bought a switch after the Wii and Wii U

almost like you can just wait and judge the thing on its own merits

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure the Wii U has more good games than the xbone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBX posted:

I'm pretty sure the Wii U has more good games than the xbone.

Deffo. If you care about 360/xbox keep the bone and save for pc for new poo poo. Its a better deal and will look better than scarlet will

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

RBX posted:

But but they promised that the power of the cloud is for realsies this time :smithcloud:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

So Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is supposed to backwards compatible now, right? Problem is I can't find it in my games library. Has anybody tried to download it?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RBX posted:

I'll buy whatever plays multi-platform games the best, and if the difference is negligible I'll choose Xbox because I like the controller and Live/Gamepass better. Good exclusives are nice and it seems like Spencer is working on that, but I find there's tons to play on either.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Veib posted:

So Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is supposed to backwards compatible now, right? Problem is I can't find it in my games library. Has anybody tried to download it?

Found it in mine, installed fine.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Well I solved my Puzzle Fighter problem, and as far as I can tell there's some sort of region fuckery going on. It doesn't come up on a search on the Finnish Microsoft Store, but it does have a product page I can get redirected to from the US store. However, I can't actually install it from the Finnish store page, it just says I have no compatible devices. I can install it from the US store page just fine. I've never seen anything like this before with any of my other games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RBX posted:

I think it all depends on the price of the hardware at launch. It'll be fine if:

1) they're honest with themselves and know they're at least going to start this gen as the 2nd choice for anyone who cares about 1st gen and exclusives (which is definitely not everybody)

2) position it as the substantially cheaper place to play multiplats w/ access to their Netflix for old/budget games, anything less than $100 under what Sony does isn't going to cut it

3) show at least some promise for breathing life into the corpse of Halo.

All that happens and I will probably have an xbox after the first price cut or so.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Buy Unreal Championship 2, it's the best Unreal game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BattleTech posted:

Buy Unreal, Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 on GOG.comUnreal Championship 2, they're the best Unreal games.

Yes.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

This is a false statement and you know it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Unreal Championship 2 is a console UT2k3 and lol at playing that. Is like wanting to play Unreal 3 nowadays.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I finally pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 Complete since it was on sale for $15. I’m a few hours in, any tips or tricks for a beginner?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mahoning posted:

I finally pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 Complete since it was on sale for $15. I’m a few hours in, any tips or tricks for a beginner?

Yeah side activities give basically no xp in comparison to main quests so if you have a bunch of quests you want to do, dont progress the story or you'll rocket past their recommended level. Likewise if you want to level up, side quests suck for that. Mainquests are where its at

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Don't avoid witcher gear quests. They're nice and net you some gear. Sidequests are decent for money and you'll need quite a bit at the start of the game but yeah, they give almost no XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unreal Championship 2 is a very different game than Unreal Tournament and a precursor to games like Overwatch and is really quite good.

Both franchises are deader than hell so theyve got that in common.