Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

I read it I just assumed you didn't actually think Delve counted as fussing with the UI which is the only other way that I can figure out to interpret your post.

You're the one who brought up UI you simple son of a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The reason you are having trouble understanding my post is because you are arguing against a version of it that you imagined.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

You're the one who brought up UI you simple son of a bitch.

I did. Why again are you mad? Like I'm pretty sure we're in agreement here but your really struggling to communicate anything besides a vague hostility towards me. I'm trying because I generally like to understand what people are trying to say.

Oh I went back I see you're hostile because I thought calling things "high concept" was kind dumb got it. Relax I wasn't calling you dumb, I just felt like that would be the kind of phrase some pretentious person/developer may use to defend the bad leagues. If I want to call you dumb I'll call you dumb it'll be clear.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 17, 2019

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My hostility is open and clear, there's nothing vague about it.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If you just don't engage with duck and cover he leaves after dropping his one moronic post

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
If the overflow guild isnt full yet i would love an invite for EssenceDrainDisBooty.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Man you guys are as angry as the official poe forums.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Chaining/forking abilities like ED/Contagion and Tornado shot seem to be the way to go to fullclear legion spawns, what other skills and setups can do similar?

My frost blade crit and arc crit guys do pretty good in leveling

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BobbyK posted:

If you just don't engage with duck and cover he leaves after dropping his one moronic post

His post was alright but the dude raging at him seems like a weirdo

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just had something really sweet happen. I was fighting a breach and fighting them back when betrayal ambush started and then while the ambush was happening I started to notice alot of red fire circles starting to spawn. Beyond entered the fold.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 17, 2019

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
My hot take on legion: its fun.

Also fun: watching reddit melt down about server issues.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I have a question. Why is it that we still have to go through all loving 10 acts for every new character we create? It's such a loving boring grind. Just let me start mapping at 1, with appropriately deleveled enemies, and skip the stupid story.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ambaire posted:

I have a question. Why is it that we still have to go through all loving 10 acts for every new character we create? It's such a loving boring grind. Just let me start mapping at 1, with appropriately deleveled enemies, and skip the stupid story.

Pretty sure everyone who plays this game just wonders why they haven't ripped off D3's act system yet.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Does POE have cross platform play? I have a ps4 and my pc gaming buddy and I are looking for games to play together besides fortnite.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nope

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Ambaire posted:

This has been brought up so many times and the answer for it is the same as most every other basic what-the-gently caress-were-they-thinking complaint: Chris Wilson doesn't actually play his own ~vision~

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ambaire posted:

I'm afraid you missed Chris Wilson's plan for you to play POE for the next 10 years. That's 40 more act 10s

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat
I dunno, I kinda like the runway of a 10 act structure. A1-3 to remember how buttons are pushed, A4-6 to gather each mechanic. A7-10 to do the last labs and put the build in it's basic shape.

I come back each league and the full story takes up like 12 actual hours for league start and 6 hours for my speed run with level set relays already placed in stash.

It feels like a dumb hiking trail. I like it.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Remember the uber rushes of Diablo 2 and how you could get a new character to 80 in about 15 minutes? Yeah. I wish PoE had that feature.

e. 1 to 85-89 in 1 hour

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's a strong skill i can use to level a llrf char in a tabula which will be taking almost exclusively defensive nodes? i tried the new flame totem but the damage isn't very good even playing solo.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wtf you can't put the legion emblems in the currency, map or fragment tabs? I'm gonna lose these little shits throwing them in the junk drawer that is the rest of my stash

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a tab named “League Bullshit” every league where special things get tossed. At least this league it’s not full of fractured items.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
So I have this armor:

Trying to make sure I know what the suffixes and prefixes are. Is it:

Prefix:
Armor
Percent Armor
Stun Recovery

Suffix:
Fire Resist
Lightning Resist

It has an open suffix, so I think that's right. I was thinking about using the Blood Altar to try and swap Stun Recovery for another suffix and open up a prefix for life. Not sure if I completely got that right, or if it's a good idea, so I wanted to post here first.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

CubeTheory posted:

So I have this armor:

There's an"advanced mod descriptions" option somewhere in the settings. Enable that, and then hold alt when you hover over the item.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

marshalljim posted:

There's an"advanced mod descriptions" option somewhere in the settings. Enable that, and then hold alt when you hover over the item.

WHAT

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

baram. posted:

what's a strong skill i can use to level a llrf char in a tabula which will be taking almost exclusively defensive nodes? i tried the new flame totem but the damage isn't very good even playing solo.

it's been a while since i ran LL RF but if you don't mind picking up life nodes that you'll spec out of later, you can level as RF as early as level 30, although waiting until 40 will be a much smoother experience. use 2x kikazaru rings and a shaper's seed amulet. you'll need to run a mix of ruby flasks and life flasks to stay alive but it's not too bad.

before that though, you'll probably do ok with smite or some other melee skill. using the usual unique leveling weapons should give you enough power to clear well without any passive investment into melee damage

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

CubeTheory posted:

So I have this armor:

I'd say that armor is probably not worth doing any beastcrafting on. The add suffix, remove prefix beast is worth around 15c and for that you can just buy armor with similar resists and an open prefix, and still have money left over. Also, you can almost always get something stronger for your build in the body armour slot than just a pile of resists and middling life.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah for stuff like astral plates just use essence of greed you'll hit something decent in a few tries that you can add a nice craft to.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Chaining/forking abilities like ED/Contagion and Tornado shot seem to be the way to go to fullclear legion spawns, what other skills and setups can do similar?

Scourge Arrow does pretty well.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

They added it like a year ago . . . it tells you exactly what affixes are on the item, even what tier those affixes are.

Edit: like this -

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 17, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
A few leagues ago they even made the advanced mod descriptions better by only showing the tiers specific to that gear slot. It's great.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
First RIP -- just hit 80 with my Cyclone Glad, ran into a spitter pack (bloodlines) in an incursion and *splat*

Looks like EQ Jugg is next,since I have a 16% EQ, and I'll just make it 20% to start

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

For anyone curious (I've heard it asked a few times), I hosed around a little with PoB and, at least with my Trickster, Swift Killer has a slightly higher max DPS (219k dot DPS) with full charges, but without any it's significantly weaker (179k dot DPS) compared to Prolonged Pain (217k dot DPS). So it seems to go along with what I've heard from others - you'll probably be slightly stronger during mapping, but a prolonged boss battle likely gives the edge to Prolonged Pain. In my novice view, it seems like Prolonged Pain is the more consistent choice, in my interpretation.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Two shopping questions. First, what slots are best for getting chaos resistance? Second, is there a way to search for a mod or an open affix to craft it?

Phagocyteur
Nov 12, 2011
Fun Shoe
The reduced damage taken from dots is also a really nice bonus, since it mitigates damage you cant evade/dodge. For frenzy generation in maps, you can still use bloodrage as a caster, and it will also make your shield charge faster, if that is what you are using. The regeneration from ED should easily make of for the damage to life, but if you are a hybrid, the damage to ES might be harder to accept.

Phagocyteur
Nov 12, 2011
Fun Shoe
The best slot for chaos resists kinda depend on your build, since there are uniques with a massive amount of chaos resist. You should be able to search for open prefixes and suffixes on the trade site.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm using a life crafted chest an no other unique, for a viper strike build

Phagocyteur
Nov 12, 2011
Fun Shoe
Is there any specific reason that you want chaos resist? The game is balanced around not having any, so most people ignore it. You can get up to 35% on most rares, and you can get up to 50% from a watchers eye if you use purity of elements.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

ArgaWarga posted:

For anyone curious (I've heard it asked a few times), I hosed around a little with PoB and, at least with my Trickster, Swift Killer has a slightly higher max DPS (219k dot DPS) with full charges, but without any it's significantly weaker (179k dot DPS) compared to Prolonged Pain (217k dot DPS). So it seems to go along with what I've heard from others - you'll probably be slightly stronger during mapping, but a prolonged boss battle likely gives the edge to Prolonged Pain. In my novice view, it seems like Prolonged Pain is the more consistent choice, in my interpretation.

You can also just get +minimum frenzy charges on gear which makes Prolonged Pain by far the stronger option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm attempting to craft myself a thing, and it's one part of the game I'm not really experienced in. The next step is to regal, and likely annul if the mod is crapola. I'm going to imprint this sword before I do that. Now, providing I either regal and win the lottery, or regal and successfully annul the bad mod the step after that is applying quality to the blade. Are my only options for applying quality either Attack speed + quality, Crit Strike Chance + quality, or Accuracy + quality? I'm not gonna do a stat + quality.

If the answer to the above question is in-fact true I guess the weapon will have the following if I do it correctly:
Prefix:
Fortify + Phys %
Flat Phys
Hits Can't be Evaded

Suffix:
Multiple Crafted Mods
Attack Speed %
Critical Strike Chance + Quality

Am I correct in my thinking?