Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Something about this is giving me strong Tim Kreider vibes, and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, I think it's the Saudi Arabia guy's eyes and expression.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Kneelin' Bernie Sanders is prime av material.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

when you try to pass off your deviantart as political commentary

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I just realized that Mr. Iran (Khomeini?) has an atomic symbol on his hat, showing his support for the Springfield Isotopes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Peanut President posted:

I just realized that Mr. Iran (Khomeini?) has an atomic symbol on his hat, showing his support for the Springfield Isotopes.

Like Homer, he's a bandwagon fan.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mr Iran is pretty solid avatar material too.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what is ron burgundy supposed to mean as a verb

in todays classic day by day a reminder of when the comic portrayed the minutemen less sexily

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Can't wait until the Iran War which Garrison will support wholeheartedly.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm the incredibly small pectoral muscles.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
so day by day is created by a legit insane person huh

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Flavius Aetass posted:

what's crazy is how it's always had the same 'style': smeared, heavily filtered graphics, women traced from cheesecake stock photos, weird innuendo / double entendre dialog, vegetable chopping, etc. But back in the day when it first got posted in the politoons thread 5+ years ago, it was at least comprehensible and you could parse the terrible art. Now, it's like he's just cranked the dial up to 11 and it's completely insane. I can barely read it and only vaguely understand what i'm even looking at.

it reminds me of how Penny Arcade's art stabilized for a number of years, and then suddenly took a hard turn into John K style over-exaggeration.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Flavius Aetass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cR_jdFfwo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Muir is in the onset stages of syphilitic madness

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Flavius Aetass posted:

Iirc back in like 2006 it was a fairly banal vaguely right wing webcomics about some friends and couples. Then Obama got elected and Muir's spiral began

e: the art wasn't even that awful in the beginning, just forgettable but the style wasn't a total eyesore. Less horny too

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and the Tory leadership race – Frontrunner has declined to take part in a C4 debate against remaining five rivals" After Martin Rowson.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Andy Warhol.

Times:

Jeremy Hunt: 'What would Churchill say of Johnson hiding away?'
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Conservative leadership TV debate

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

We have machines that will suck carbon out of the air and turn it into carbon nanotubes, or into just plain carbon, or bury it underground where it turns into a mineral, we're genetically engineering plants to fix carbon at a much accelerated rate; we have the miracle technology, we're just not using it because there's no profit in saving the earth! The scientists have done their jobs better than anyone could've possibly dreamed! gently caress!!!!!

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loving lmao

Absolutely :perfect:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Holy lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

haha owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I love it when conservatives use phrasing that only makes sense if you listen to radio or fox news 8 hours a day.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol it rules to see the cartoonists circling the wagons against the nyt

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i like how brancos platonic ideal of good democrat is the serial rapist whose only accomplishments were looking good for the cameras and nearly getting us all killed in a pissing match over cuba he sincerely finds all the others so repulsive he cant even pretend to like them for the sake of argument

meanwhile liberals will fall over themselves praising whatever random republican first comes to mind in the name of scoring sick burns on trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sometime during the Obama years Branco made a cartoon contending that JFK would be a teabagger if he were alive today

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

bet you wish you had that self driving car in 2006

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here found it, it's from 2013

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

imagine anyone under the age of 65 being whistful for camelot, a reference whose origin virtually no one can remember

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Observer:

"Boris Johnson and the ghost of Margaret Thatcher – The Tory leadership frontrunner rides his zip wire over the cliff"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Obligatory:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Ogantai has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Jun 16, 2019

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hmm I wonder what else this dude's done

oh no.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is the italian thing a reference to something specific im sure the founding fathers were super racist against italians im just wondering if they actually wrote it down somewhere

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Hmm I wonder what else this dude's done

oh no.

it's stonetoss isn't it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It might as well be, I just searched 'Martian Magazine' and the first four comics were SJWs:arghfist:, SJWs:arghfist:, Muslims:arghfist:, and a 'joke' about alcoholism killing Native Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

he’s part of the stonetoss/pumpkinface crew. Straight up white supremacists and nazis. for some reason the three of them have very similar art styles.

Posting the seemingly innocuous cartoons is really lovely because the author’s intent and overall purpose are much more sinister.