Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
what is the ordinality of Annies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

Imagine four Annies on the edge of a cliff...

...Loup works the same way.

That makes sense. It's a Time Loup.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ronya posted:

what is the ordinality of Annies?

Up down charmed and strange, obvs

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Splicer posted:

Nah, the other Loup just stole two Annies

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Loup why are you like this

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There are four annies on the edge of a cliff

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm sorry Kat, but your Anni is in another Loup.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh wow.

This is amazing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Splicer posted:

Nah, the other Loup just stole two Annies

Looks like it was this very Loup that did.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Cat Mattress posted:

Looks like it was this very Loup that did.

"Where is Antimony? Is she safe? Is she all right?"
"It seems that ... in your hunger ... you killed her."
"NOOOOOOOO-- wait, I can fix this."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh excellent. Best possible outcome.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
aww jeez aww man loup i-i don't know if this is such a good idea

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's stolen Annies all the way down

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Well that's a twist. We're going into a Crisis on Infinite Annies chapter aren't we?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Potsticker posted:

That makes sense. It's a Time Loup.

:golfclap:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Sindai posted:

It's stolen Annies all the way down

Presumably this conversation is taking place in infinite timelines and in most they're given this answer, top level it's like "that one doesn't belong", and if there's a bottom level there's just a sad Kat by herself. I thought it was a little weird we'd be in the middle and not the top layer, but this is a pretty good way to establish that there's potentially infinite layers. This also kills my theory of Loup existing across timelines as a singular being, oh well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Brightman posted:

Presumably this conversation is taking place in infinite timelines and in most they're given this answer, top level it's like "that one doesn't belong", and if there's a bottom level there's just a sad Kat by herself. I thought it was a little weird we'd be in the middle and not the top layer, but this is a pretty good way to establish that there's potentially infinite layers. This also kills my theory of Loup existing across timelines as a singular being, oh well.

There would be 2 to the power of N timelines in the bottom layer. Which is as much as every other layer combined. Which makes sense considering the amount of Annies stays constant. It's easier to assume infinite layers, where everyone has two Annies.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Warmachine posted:

Well that's a twist. We're going into a Crisis on Infinite Annies chapter aren't we?

Speaking of superhero comic books, I'm getting a Spider-Man Clone Saga vibe from this moment.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Splicer posted:

there's only one timeline, there's two Annies in it, and both were stolen to here, from here.

I thought this was a fun interpretation and after this newest page I really hope it's completely accurate.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

There would be 2 to the power of N timelines in the bottom layer. Which is as much as every other layer combined. Which makes sense considering the amount of Annies stays constant. It's easier to assume infinite layers, where everyone has two Annies.

well that's the funny thing about set theory, sets that would seem to be obviously larger than another one (the set of all integers vs. the set of all even integers) are actually the same size.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Kat, asking this question is the worst idea you had all chapter. Now Annie and Annie are going to have an even worse existential crisis!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

this is all a set-up for the upcoming Antimony: Into the Annieverse

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is the best/worst thing Loup could have done.

That dude is one magnificent douche dog.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Warmachine posted:

The Annie-verse. Reynard turns into a giant mech.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
So...where's this timeline's Annie, then?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm excited for when the third Annie shows up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm excited for when the third Annie shows up.

More like when the second and third Kats show up to drag an Annie off

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Haha, I knew it! Why make one Annie when you can make two? He totally kept the original Annie in the forest.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Blasmeister posted:

More like when the second and third Kats show up to drag an Annie off

She roped me into this!
Well she roped me into this!
Hey now she roped me into this!

Etc. Between a million dimension-hopping Kats

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there being two of her is the most interesting thing that's happened for Annie in a long time, it'll be shame if they make it one again

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 17, 2019

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

cant cook creole bream posted:

So since we're in a middle layer with two stolen Annies, there's at least 3 layers, with 4 timelines, with the bottom two being Annie-less? I think the presence of the top layer with its own Annie makes it 2^(N-1) for Annie-less timelines. I wonder if Loup's power could even allow for infinite timelines being created at an exponential rate or if there's a cap to it maybe?

code:

Loup steals 1 Annie
					|
				Loup2 steals 2 Annies
				/                    \
			Kat3 is sad		Kat4 is sad

At the very least it's this.

A.o.D. posted:

Haha, I knew it! Why make one Annie when you can make two? He totally kept the original Annie in the forest.

Unless it's this.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Another Annie every six months until Loup gets what he wants.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Could it be that Forest Annie wasn't meant to be in this timeline because she was meant to be there 6 months ago(plus the time she has spent in the Court)?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Itzena posted:

So...where's this timeline's Annie, then?
Loup stole her

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

A big flaming stink posted:

well that's the funny thing about set theory, sets that would seem to be obviously larger than another one (the set of all integers vs. the set of all even integers) are actually the same size.

Brightman posted:

So since we're in a middle layer with two stolen Annies, there's at least 3 layers, with 4 timelines, with the bottom two being Annie-less? I think the presence of the top layer with its own Annie makes it 2^(N-1) for Annie-less timelines. I wonder if Loup's power could even allow for infinite timelines being created at an exponential rate or if there's a cap to it maybe?

code:

Loup steals 1 Annie
					|
				Loup2 steals 2 Annies
				/                    \
			Kat3 is sad		Kat4 is sad

At the very least it's this.
Yes you are right, it would be 2^(N-1). 2^N would be the total number of worlds. But it's O(2^N) either way.

Interestingly enough, since it's the power set, taking infinite layers like that would produce a literally uncountable amount of timelines rather than "just" infinitely many. In other words, one world for every number between 0 and 1 rather than just every rational number.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 17, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bruceski posted:

The Annie-verse. Reynard turns into a giant mech.

Annie-noir shows up in black and white and a trenchcoat and is also voiced by Nic Cage

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I wonder who died and took their fairy tales of obtuse spirit bureaucracies into the ether.

Brightman posted:

This is right around the part in the story where the time cops show up and wave their billy clubs disapprovingly. Maybe they'll get that appointment with Temporal Affairs soon!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I wonder who died and took their fairy tales of obtuse spirit bureaucracies into the ether.

The Chinese, probably, since that's literally a thing in Chinese mythology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
When no one was looking, Loup took two Annies. He took 2 Annies.