Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Game is going to be on like two blu-ray discs.

what the gently caress is a blu-ray disc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I don't even want a physical disk. Sell me a box with the goodies and a CD key and I'm in.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Honestly, just sell it on a LaserDisc like some phony vinyl, no one's actually going to put it in anything anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If they do physical right the game will come on a USB key.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The key will be a usb3 key and it will be in the shape of the brain chip

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/senormarkymark/status/1141105937089871872

I can already see people setting up ramps, standing in the right spot, and summoning their car.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Collateral posted:

They could implement an employment mechanic that requires you do jobs (quests) for your employer, like the polis, city sanitation board, that kind of thing. Fail or refuse enough jobs and you get the sack. You can get promotions and the like if you suceed.

I'm just imagining someone getting really into this now and playing the game as like, Euro Truck Simulator 2077, only occasionally remembering that there are guns and stuff in the game.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

JBP posted:

Goddamn, I hadn't even thought of that.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

https://twitter.com/senormarkymark/status/1141105937089871872

I can already see people setting up ramps, standing in the right spot, and summoning their car.

Hell yes this is the hype i need

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I hope the car will do push-ups like Roach did if you summoned them in the right spot.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Does anyone really want to play Cyberpunk 2077 for anything except the experience of finally having your 90s tabletop groups' experiences replicated in HD?

I think you may perhaps have an inflated sense of how many people have actually had tabletop roleplaying experience.

It's a vanishingly small amount of people. Relatively. :ssh:

It's something I would've loved to have done but there was literally nobody in school that would have even known what it was, let alone gone along with giving it a try. Consider yourself lucky and privileged to have had peers of a like mind.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Probably going to buy a physical copy just so I can have that map. Fuckin' MAPS, son!

JBP posted:

This is such an amazingly good idea. I really hope Comte is still reading and makes them do this (because he has that power, obviously).

It's probably impossible for ~piracy~ reasons, but if anyone would, it'd be GOG...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a huge sucker for in-universe nonsense much like the Death Stranding goodies they've started selling so I'd be down to order a ridiculous over the top physical PC collector's edition. Probably not gonna keep the statue though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Probably going to buy a physical copy just so I can have that map. Fuckin' MAPS, son!

This is such an amazingly good idea. I really hope Comte is still reading and makes them do this (because he has that power, obviously).

It's probably impossible for ~piracy~ reasons, but if anyone would, it'd be GOG...

You could make it into a really fun install. Enter your passkey (cd-key) and watch a sweet netrunner style loading screen. Connect to an in universe style environment that authenticates the copy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Create a full ARG based around turning a clue in the game box into an install code.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Taintrunner posted:

I'm a huge sucker for in-universe nonsense much like the Death Stranding goodies they've started selling so I'd be down to order a ridiculous over the top physical PC collector's edition. Probably not gonna keep the statue though.

Well it’s not like every game will give you a fetus in a jar.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well it’s not like every game will give you a fetus in a jar.

Ed: “well can you blame em?”
Steven: “yeah!”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JBP posted:

The CD key? Because the game coming on a USB key would be prohibitively expensive.

Hope you feel like paying $100 for the base version of the game.

Taintrunner posted:

I have a vinyl record of the bioshock soundtrack which is done in the style of an album from the game world and it and the rare bioshock art book are my favorite gaming items.

( I don't want to admit how much I paid to get that art book. Its the special developers-only edition. )

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 19, 2019

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
Yeah it's going to be a box with a key in it that you can put into gog or steam.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zaphod42 posted:

The CD key? Because the game coming on a USB key would be prohibitively expensive.

Hope you feel like paying $100 for the base version of the game.

Kingston 32GB keys are like $8 Canadian at retail, and that’s USB 3.1. I don’t care enough to ask an aliexpress vendor for a bulk quote, but I bet it’s cheaper, especially if it were only USB 2. Seems plausible!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Subjunctive posted:

Kingston 32GB keys are like $8 Canadian at retail, and that’s USB 3.1. I don’t care enough to ask an aliexpress vendor for a bulk quote, but I bet it’s cheaper, especially if it were only USB 2. Seems plausible!

I don't see them making it a freebie but I guess if they can get it down to like $5 that'd be worth it.

Seems like the kind of thing that if they do, they'd do for the collector's edition. Starcraft 2 collector's had a usb key (although it only had SC1 on it, not SC2)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't see them making it a freebie but I guess if they can get it down to like $5 that'd be worth it.

Yeah, they might charge for it in the physical case, but I doubt it would take the base price up to $100.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Subjunctive posted:

That may not be large enough

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Cactus posted:

I think you may perhaps have an inflated sense of how many people have actually had tabletop roleplaying experience.

It's a vanishingly small amount of people. Relatively. :ssh:

It's something I would've loved to have done but there was literally nobody in school that would have even known what it was, let alone gone along with giving it a try. Consider yourself lucky and privileged to have had peers of a like mind.

Not gonna lie, part of the reason I want to play this game is because it's probably the closest thing to Shadowrun getting made into a AAA action rpg.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im just here for the Personal Responsibility

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Not gonna lie, part of the reason I want to play this game is because it's probably the closest thing to Shadowrun getting made into a AAA action rpg.

SNES shadowrun is pretty good tho

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Zaphod42 posted:

Genesis Shadowrun was incredibly faithful to the tabletop, all told, too.

Both the 16 bit console games were great, even as they were very different games.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Genesis Shadowrun was incredibly faithful to the tabletop, all told, too.

Both the 16 bit console games were great, even as they were very different games.

They are, but I want to play a cyberpunk game with 21st century graphics that isn't a tactical rpg. The Harebrained Schemes games are okay, but don't really scratch the itch I have for running and gunning as a street sam.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure posted:

A solid Shadowrun game in a modern style would be one of the greatest of all time. Or a game where you can sing Bonnie Tyler joints at karaoke with Lady Gaga, play football on the beach with Johnny Utah, or drink whisky in silence with Beat Takeshi. Video gamers keep buying Bethesda style games though so it looks like we are getting a synthwave mod for Fallout 4 because AAA publishers need to eat

Zaphod42 posted:

I keep going back to it instead of the vastly superior genesis version for some reason and I've always wondered why there has never been an indie remake or another game in the same style since it seems to have been pretty popular

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Well, look like the only way to be sure I’ll get a collector’s edition is to get it on pc.

Guess that might motivate me to upgrade eventually.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat Shadowrun on SNES like 16 times and I can't tell you why but I don't think it's because of the thrill of staying at hotels in between rounds of minesweeper, 6 hours of standing behind a coffin "ghoul bustin" holding the A button with an uzi, or some orc in a bar calling me a breeder. It's magic

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lads check this out

https://twitter.com/botherer/status/1141091089035800578

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I, too, find Marshawn Lynch's choice of the phrase "beast mode" to be racially offensive and very problematic.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The way people talk about buying a $2000 rig just to play this game and how the dust particles refracting off the window panes are some transformative experience hitherto unseen would indicate that yes, many people have lost their minds.

games are definitely getting to the point where the extreme bullshit end of graphics fidelity loving looks god drat insanely gorgeous, metro last exodus was probably the first game I ever played that I was sad I couldn't play at absolute bullshit maximum. A lot of this is a combination of actual good design/character presence/etc reinforcing an already high level of graphical fidelity but it is some goddamn wildly good looking poo poo. lmfao at anybody who bought at high end rtx tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Notable white male oppressor Mike Pondsmith.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not trying to steal the spotlight from political twitter or whatever but does anybody else feel like there's a lack of visors or shields in the pre release footage of this game... seems like a glaring oversight to me as a fan of the general aesthetic

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

puve posted:

A solid Shadowrun game in a modern style would be one of the greatest of all time.

It would loving own, but I don't know if Microsoft is willing to make one that isn't a crappy Counter-Strike rip-off (or a Battle Royale given the current gaming trend).

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

loving lol

Ah yes, white video game critic man, please tell me more about how racist this black man is

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Chalks posted:

loving lol

Ah yes, white video game critic man, please tell me more about how racist this black man is

He's openly attacking Pondsmith as a racist now. Also everyone that disagreed is a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh my god, the comments are delicious

E: OH MY GOD ITS JOHN WALKER LMAO

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 19, 2019