Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Wooooooooooooooo!

Get'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
thanks!

interview went swimmingly, I hear back Monday :f5:

Stoner Sloth

Hugh Malone posted:

thanks!

interview went swimmingly, I hear back Monday :f5:

good luck friend!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

lol but

body is a dinosaur
i am sure there is a german word for when you think a coworker is trying to gently caress you over but you do not really care if they succeed

Goons Are Gifts

Yes, berufsmäßiger Schabernack. People who do that are Lausbuben.

Goons Are Gifts

Kameradenschwein might be a more modern term actually, but also is a bit mean. But that goes for every term thet describes a singular person in German.

lost my old email

Goons Are Great posted:

Yes, berufsmäßiger Schabernack. People who do that are Lausbuben.

than you friend. also i managed to autoban myself while trying to post a good feel summer thread and now see that i was a fool to have sigs turned off

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Jaded Burnout

I just got given notice, y'all, I'm jobless soon too.

Goons Are Gifts

Woah, what? How comes, I thought you were in a quite safe haven?

I'm so sorry. :ohdear:
Any idea where to go next?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

work crew thread is the roughest thread in byob everyone's going through some things in it

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Woah, what? How comes, I thought you were in a quite safe haven?

I'm so sorry. :ohdear:
Any idea where to go next?

Sort of, I'm a contractor so it's very safe until it isn't.

Not sure where next. I've got a second part-time client and cash savings so I'm going to chill for a while.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

that sounds kind of nice actually

if i was laid off things would get very real very fast

Jaded Burnout

Bo-Pepper posted:

that sounds kind of nice actually

if i was laid off things would get very real very fast

Yeah I'm one of those people who works constantly and doesn't stop until forced to, so sometimes it's not a bad thing to be forced to.

Goons Are Gifts

Phew, that sounds manageable at least. I hope you land safely.

Jaded Burnout

Thanks pals

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'm leaving work now and will take an afternoon nap

Goons Are Gifts

Happy napping!

Jaded Burnout

8pm on the day of and I'm already negotiating rates with someone. I think I'll be OK.

Goons Are Gifts

Are you a magician??

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Are you a magician??

No I'm a software developer.

Goons Are Gifts

Translates to magician.
Congrats!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I did a lot of we'd and now I'm packaging up dyed locks in my cool new windowed bags that are like kraft paper and have my logo on them but I'm still dumb and didn't make labels for the contents so it's got my stupid handwriting on it for now but it's still awesome.

Also I listened to all of Garbage Brain University again and I want to order delivery pizza but also I am anti spending money because my mom is sick and I'm having to sell a lot of personal yarn stash and stuff to help out with upcoming surgical and chemo things so I might try to do a bunch more work than I'm already doing and that's both good and also stressful

Jaded Burnout

I have completed negotiations and am now waiting to see if they will go for it.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jaded Burnout posted:

I have completed negotiations and am now waiting to see if they will go for it.

~woo~

Goons Are Gifts

Jb official work crew hero for having a new job before the first one is even gone

Where's the job at? Official stuff again?

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Jb official work crew hero for having a new job before the first one is even gone

Not countin' no chickens just yet

Goons Are Great posted:

Where's the job at? Official stuff again?

Some rando startup

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

woooo rando startup, fully workiful rando startup with human coffeemake ooooh

i just bought a poo poo ton of stainless steel food prep tables and then realized way too late that i need a large pickup truck to transport them so i guess wednesday i'm renting a truck to pick up stainless steel tables. and then like, uh, i'm gonna use them to dye yarn. because poo poo's gettin serious down in the lab.

Goons Are Gifts

Well, Mr Burnout, we just checked your post history and have decided that we cannot offer you an appropriate amount of money for your service. Please take over the company.

Goons Are Gifts

The dyeing business is a brutal business

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's true. My garage is currently 40°C and I have skeins soaking to be dyed when the temp drops to like 35.

Jaded Burnout

it makes you want to just curl up and dye

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

it makes you want to just curl up and dye

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have literally lifted 80 kilos of yarn which doesn't sound like much except the 80 kilos of yarn were all very wet and I've been picking them up and moving them between dyepots without squeezing out water for reasons and I'm gonna be swole af by the end of the night or maybe dislocated all over the place

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol poo poo I'm butt famous enough to get death threats over a knitting website today lol

Jaded Burnout

My job dude has not responded in a bit which is a lil rude.

Goons Are Gifts

Is it hot at your place? How do you work in heat?
Asking myself that every year. I should move to the arctics.

Goons Are Gifts

hamjobs posted:

Lol poo poo I'm butt famous enough to get death threats over a knitting website today lol

What the gently caress, over what? Didn't he like something you made? Send the goats to trample him.

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Is it hot at your place? How do you work in heat?
Asking myself that every year. I should move to the arctics.

I love it. I have tilt & turn windows in my office so I can open them all the way, and fans for if it gets "properly" hot. It's never so hot for so long that AC becomes necessary.

Sharing my office with the rats is convenient because I don't have to keep two rooms temperate.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jaded Burnout posted:

My job dude has not responded in a bit which is a lil rude.

SAME

well they were supposed to get back to me yesterday with an answer, but last night I did get a 'oh hey we'll get to you tomorrow' with a 'looking forward to it' on there, so, I'm optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Woah I'm crossing all the fingers for you both. If either doesn't get the job, let's all bake them some way too dense cookies so they get unbelievably high and don't know why. In that emotional state they will know what they did wrong.