Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

gently caress yeah.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

El_Elegante posted:

This video is great because the second sentence is “let’s just jump into it” which is code for “I am going to ramble on for 90 seconds” before actually saying anything substantive.

Actually, it's great because it shows super lovely shady practices being done by megacorps to discredit any negative attention. We live in cyberpunk already.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

:vince:

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

what is this anime poo poo

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Temaukel posted:

On one hand, it's anime poo poo. On the other hand, given availability of proper cyberware, I bet a huge number of trash people would turn themselves into anime, so it's actually pretty cyberpunk.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

On one hand, it's anime poo poo. On the other hand, given availability of proper cyberware, I bet a huge number of trash people would turn themselves into anime, so it's actually pretty cyberpunk.

:hmmyes:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Most people don't give a gently caress. The internet is mostly just a handful of insanely angry people and then there's the other 4 million people who will buy the game who don't know anything about internet controversies

pretty much. pretty much every game forum i read outside this one is full of angry people and i don't even mean any political poo poo. just like gaming talk in general gets super loving heated. like even heavly modded places like resetera can sound like /v/ on some threads.

is this art from the game, because that looks cool.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Dammit, now I wanna go back and rewatch Stand Alone Complex.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Temaukel posted:

somebody say anime poo poo?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

is this art from the game, because that looks cool.

Nah just a really cool art project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deathburger/the-future-is-now-volume-two

ufarn posted:

Dammit, now I wanna go back and rewatch Stand Alone Complex.

SAC is really really good. I still haven't watched Arise though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

How many people in the cyberpunk future do you think will turn themselves into furries?

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
This game better have the loving clown gang in it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Chello De Don posted:

The Akira soundtrack is sick. The clown gangs song sounds like someone is heavy breathing and going "HOT DOG ....YEEHAW."

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chello De Don posted:

The next logical step in juggalo evolution
"While they began as somewhat benign (if annoying), they developed over the years into something much darker. All of them are insane to one degree of another, with about a third of them firmly in the grip of cyberpsychosis."

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Glenn Quebec posted:

The Akira soundtrack is sick. The clown gangs song sounds like someone is heavy breathing and going "HOT DOG ....YEEHAW."

hell yeah. Akira's soundtrack rules. ultra-hi-tech meets primitive tribal, it's great.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

somebody say anime poo poo?

Lets get real old school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMcg3ebkyM

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I'm the pay phone in 2077

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

Gotta connect to the 'net somehow.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

I really would love another game that does like Alien: Isolation and go hard into outdated future tech.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Do you have a Google drive of sick cyberpunk images? If so, can you share??

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

True cyberpunk aficionados know that all the best cyberpunk stories were already told in games released exclusively for the PC-98. Utilising the Megadrive sound chip for the sickest of techno beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ltjdRCUJKI

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

El_Elegante posted:

Lmao, CDPR should have drawn more inspiration from real life when it comes to commodifying sex and gender for consumer products. Just in time for pride, I give you megacorp MasterCard’s beautiful co-opting of #acceptance.

Christophers are not welcome around here :colbert:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chello De Don posted:

they probably will be, if not the base game, then the dlc.

that looks like something that would be pained on the side of traveling carnival ride. like the ones that are weird mazes.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

AD Police?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Rinkles posted:

AD Police?

Yep.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Rinkles posted:

AD Police?

Fun fact: A.D. Police files are the first anime I ever rented from Blockbuster. My mom ignored the adult only sticker cause it's a cartoon from Japan.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Glenn Quebec posted:

Fun fact: A.D. Police files are the first anime I ever rented from Blockbuster. My mom ignored the adult only sticker cause it's a cartoon from Japan.

Same except Bubblegum Crisis, which AD Police Files is a prequel too.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Wasn't it confirmed at some point that the Bozos (Juggalos?) are in the game?

quote:

The Bozos are a sadistic prankster gang. Their turf is the artist's colony next to the University.

While they began as somewhat benign (if annoying), they developed over the years into something much darker. All of them are insane to one degree of another, with about a third of them firmly in the grip of cyberpsychosis.

Their bodies are not mere costumes...they have actually been biosculpted to look like clowns. Complete with permanent frowns and long floppy feet.

They will think nothing of torturing or murdering people for their own entertainment. They especially enjoy playing on people's fears and anxieties. It is rumored their current leader was a former Arasaka research tech, and that he makes various devices for them. Many Bozos have packed themselves with cyberware. Bozos can occasionally be found in the Net as well.

Unlike the Julliard, Bozos are malevolent and predatory. The Bozos do not choose victims from the artist's colony where they live (unlike the Voodoo Boys), but will target victims anywhere in the city. It is not uncommon for them to pick on a single individual over and over to try to drive them insane.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

That story was so hosed up. The machine rejecting his organic eyes, and getting to see the x-ray of the drugs slowly eating away his brain, ughhhh. Cyber body horror.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

True cyberpunk aficionados know that all the best cyberpunk stories were already told in games released exclusively for the PC-98. Utilising the Megadrive sound chip for the sickest of techno beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ltjdRCUJKI

This is fuckin rad

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

That story was so hosed up. The machine rejecting his organic eyes, and getting to see the x-ray of the drugs slowly eating away his brain, ughhhh. Cyber body horror.

Lmao don't forget the 1988 pervy scientist doctor lady rubbing on him and he's just bonkers biting his tongue.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

That image has gone from being funny to being cool again.

Wanna be a cyberpunk like that guy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wasn't it confirmed at some point that the Bozos (Juggalos?) are in the game?

While I would love restructuring them into unironic Juggalos, I would equally love them to stay clowns. Just regular-rear end cartoon clowns in a gritty cyberpunk universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Not only does that guy have a torque wrench, but he has torque wrenches? What exactly does a cyberpunk need to torque down? I'd assume a punk just does the ol "tighten til it's loose, then back a quarter turn."