Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

Super athletic, Super smart defender, Super short arms, and Super small for his position. Can't shoot, but he's real good with dunks and floaters. He'll own though

I think there is a chance he eventually shoots okay, but the nice thing about him on the Grizz is that Jaren can space the floor and leave him room to roll to the rim and finish, which he's incredible at.

I think he was the best value pick in the entire draft and I'm not sure there's a better situation for him. Memphis could have an incredible defense with those two on the back line. Grizzles fans should be really excited. They need to find some wing depth but otherwise they're set up really well going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Seems desperate.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
It's stupid to trust gsw

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

“Proud of you son” 😢😢😢

RJ your daddy loves you man

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Seems desperate.

I think they have a summer league spot to spare after selling all their 2nd round picks

Tobias needs to come back for that trade to not be a disaster.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

So I missed the draft entirely and I didnt bone up on the draft because it was just seconds for the Kings but it seems as though despite only having multiple seconds that Vlade hosed Up?

WhyteRyce you are the king of Kings please advise

Two ways to look at it.

1) Honestly second round picks are a crap shoot anyway. There is a good chance whoever you get there, no matter how much you like them, may end up not being anything more than summer league fodder. Vlade did his homework and had like 17 draft workout sessions and he got a good look at all the candidates. He may have just not liked anyone that much in this draft, or at least not enough to sacrifice off-season flexibility to go after them by moving up. People are over-reacting to the part of the draft which is most of the time very meaningless. He took two guys who he thinks have the best chance at making our roster and one guy to stash.

2) Vlade sucks at working the fringes. We do have a young and talented team but it was comprised mostly of high lotto picks and trades. His track record at non-lotto talent appraisal is spotty at best. The best player he has ever found either in the second round or as an UDFA or as a D-League grab is a toss up between Frank poo poo rear end Mason or Troy Williams. The best player he drafted outside the lotto is Harry Giles but that doesn't really count. He just sucks at this part and has no idea how to work it. Second round picks and UDFAs are crap shoots but all the top GMs in the league have managed to find someone there at some point in their career. If he didn't like the prospects where he was sitting, he could have tried to bundle the picks to move up. Or just try to move them for future second picks. Trading down for cash considerations does nothing to help the team get better. All in all, Vlade didn't have much to work with but did nothing with what he had. He took a 4 year 2 guard from a small school that shot 30% from 3, a gritty shooty PG, and a 22 year old Serb that can shoot

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 21, 2019

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

I think they have a summer league spot to spare after selling all their 2nd round picks

they traded for a good player stop melting

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NotWearingPants posted:

Seems desperate.

Lol Utah worked him out, I bet we'd have tried to do this if the Conley trade hadn't worked out

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Culver seems good, he's like less-talented Wiggins who tries way harder. With all the player development talent the Wolves have hired he'll do good here :unsmith:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Sixers should be more alpha, maybe leak concerns about Harris' weight.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe they're doing it to me again, but if they let coby run and sign one or two cromulent nba players, the bulls should be fun next season, please quote this at me in february when they've won 10 games and all hate each other and boylen is literally living in a bunker.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

NotWearingPants posted:

Seems desperate.

The Chris Smith tactic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

They did not sell all heir second round picks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Coby is such a happy dude I'm scared of what Boylen Ball is going to do to him

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't believe they're doing it to me again, but if they let coby run and sign one or two cromulent nba players, the bulls should be fun next season, please quote this at me in february when they've won 10 games and all hate each other and boylen is literally living in a bunker.

literally every move they’ve made in the past two years has set them up to run uptempo, let’s watch boylan try to run a princeton

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MourningView posted:

Coby is such a happy dude I'm scared of what Boylen Ball is going to do to him

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1141921561978556416?s=20

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Kawhi would have the most ridiculous changeup.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

literally every move they’ve made in the past two years has set them up to run uptempo, let’s watch boylan try to run a princeton

Bill carmody is available.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Paxson is now saying they are going to do some pace and space this season and my mind exploded.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

day after reaction: fleecing the celtics was good, everything else was bad to middling.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Paxson is now saying they are going to do some pace and space this season and my mind exploded.

Hoiberg would have creamed himself if he had Coby White as a PG

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1141942188772925440?s=20

:laffo:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NotWearingPants posted:

Sixers should be more alpha, maybe leak concerns about Harris' weight.

Funny you mention that; Sixer's Twitter was chatting about him looking underweight in the photos/video at Nash's charity game.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

They did not sell all heir second round picks

oh yeah, they got a top-55 protected second round pick in 2024 for one of them

also, I meant the Tobias Harris trade would be a disaster if he doesn't re-sign. They will have given up two firsts and two seconds for a half season rental of Harris and Mike Scott if they leave.

After sleeping on it, I'm fine with the Thybulle trade.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Danny better be careful talking about playing for the Celtics and "dying".

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sheesh...i don't even have celtics hate but when you're quoting Jon Gruden it's not a great look

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

uh oh danny ainge going full corncob

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/CroSports_/status/1142080873950564353?s=19
:unsmith:
e:
https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1142117968186413056?s=19:

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 21, 2019

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
^ Monty is the best and I'm super happy to see him get another shot, just sucks it is on Sarver's team. He needs to be the head coach of a team with a good owner for once in his life.

----

Zion might put up some absurd box scores for a rookie:

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/1142118434240516102

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The Homie is 100% correct and I hope he thrives in Sunsland :unsmith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

oh yeah, they got a top-55 protected second round pick in 2024 for one of them

also, I meant the Tobias Harris trade would be a disaster if he doesn't re-sign. They will have given up two firsts and two seconds for a half season rental of Harris and Mike Scott if they leave.

After sleeping on it, I'm fine with the Thybulle trade.

They literally made a second round pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers threw away all their picks !

Actually they drafted Marial Sharouck

That doesn’t count he’s terrible!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That seems like a Biased take

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

The sixers threw away all their picks !

Actually they drafted Marial Sharouck

That doesn’t count he’s terrible!

Agreed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

and people say the main stream media makes assumptions about Trump voters.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

proof: Gordon Hayward went there to play and immediately died on the court

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NonProfitComic/status/1142100862765895680

lmbo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone tell talk to me about this
https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/1142122433513709568

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

almost as bad as the time he said fab melo had a big heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

has anyone on the lakers ever had to say “people definitely want to sign here because if not then s c o r e b o a r d b i t c h