Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Declan MacManus posted:

has anyone on the lakers ever had to say “people definitely want to sign here because if not then c o u n t t h e r i n g s"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm ready for the Nando De Colo own zone

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1142146889988673537

For how much now?!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hey, he's a solid 9th man, he's gotta get his due :mcnabb:
:mcnabb:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yeah, we knew that. the thinking is that he's more useful than ryan anderson who miami probably just buys out

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Grab that money, Tyler, grab it all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Was the one the old Nets rfa offer sheet contracts ?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Was the one the old Nets rfa offer sheet contracts ?

Pretty sure it was, yeah. That strategy ruled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

The sixers threw away all their picks !

Actually they drafted Marial Sharouck

That doesn’t count he’s terrible!

With 33 and 34, you can grab a guy that can theoretically contribute right away. 31 too, but just had to have Trevor Booker. Sharouk aint gonna do that

The lack of 2nd round picks show a continued incompetence or uninterest in working the margins and a lack of understanding of what the 2nd round is all about

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

With 33 and 34, you can grab a guy that can theoretically contribute right away. 31 too, but just had to have Trevor Booker. Sharouk aint gonna do that

The lack of 2nd round picks show a continued incompetence or uninterest in working the margins and a lack of understanding of what the 2nd round is all about

They did make a second round pick !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I feel like I’m going crazy !!! Arerggfhhkgkgk

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

They did make a second round pick !!

You know what he means and it's a good point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We don’t know what second round picks will be bad or good so gambling is good but we know for sure that pick is bad because it fits our narrative and that gambling doesn’t count.

A good point

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Katana_Warrior posted:

proof: Gordon Hayward went there to play and immediately died on the court

lmao

Thanks for the replies wrt Clarke everyone. Kind of a followup question: any resources to learn about the game in general? One of the worst sins a sport spectator can commit is not trying to understand what is happening on the field/court and why imo. I didn't grow up playing or watching basketball, so I have some catching up to do. I've been watching videos to try and learn the differences between the positions and their responsibilities as a start. Any resources on common strategies and common rules understandings you happen to have on hand would be aces

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Honestly you can pick up a lot just playing NBA2k

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

lmao

Thanks for the replies wrt Clarke everyone. Kind of a followup question: any resources to learn about the game in general? One of the worst sins a sport spectator can commit is not trying to understand what is happening on the field/court and why imo. I didn't grow up playing or watching basketball, so I have some catching up to do. I've been watching videos to try and learn the differences between the positions and their responsibilities as a start. Any resources on common strategies and common rules understandings you happen to have on hand would be aces

bballbreakdown on YouTube is really good. Don’t worry if he throws out a lot of terms you don’t understand at first!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Oh yeah this is how I got back into basketball as an adult. I got 2K12 and my team was against Dwyane Wade and I was like “who the hell is dwye-ain wade”

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
did you win

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pretty sure it was on the difficulty where I was winning everything by like 25

Oh wait it was 2K11 I started with- the opening where you’re playing as the Jordan Bulls before you even get to a menu is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen a video game do. I lost that game but then again, so did Jordan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Only negative about learning about players via games is sometimes they hilariously overrate or underrate players.

I.E. Tecmo Bo, Michael Vick, Alexei Kovalev, Dave Stewart snd Tim Wakefield in that one Sega baseball game, etc

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've casually watched the NBA for a few years, mostly wanting to watch the warriors lose, but this year I've been getting more into it and bballbreakdown has helped a ton. Just watching videos has helped me understand how offense actually works even if I dont understand all the terminology used.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Only negative about learning about players via games is sometimes they hilariously overrate or underrate players.

I.E. Tecmo Bo, Michael Vick, Alexei Kovalev, Dave Stewart snd Tim Wakefield in that one Sega baseball game, etc

I haven't played in a few years but apparently Dragan Bender can put up some absurd lines in 2k19 :tito:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bballbreakdown is good, but like Woj ignore his editorializing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/humbleteej/status/1142143603990339585?s=21

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

:drat:

Zion: "Let's Dance New Orleans"
Lonzo: "In the ring, next Saturday, at Wrestlemania!!!"

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jamie Moyer's 45mph changeup in Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Let's dance

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This tweet of a screenshot of a tweet of a caption of two photos made me laugh

big boi fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 21, 2019

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

big boi posted:

This tweet of a screenshot of a tweet of a caption of two photos made me laugh

Lol

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Let's dance

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Someone explain to me how a draft can be rated the day after the draft. I'm not joking, I really want to know the process.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

:yeah:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

dokmo posted:

Someone explain to me how a draft can be rated the day after the draft. I'm not joking, I really want to know the process.

CONTENT... WE REQUIRE CONTENT

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

You just have to unleash the take baby

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

dokmo posted:

Did anyone die, y/n?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

dokmo posted:

Because if I make some insane prediction about the draft and I’m right, I can coast on that for the next 20 years.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

dokmo posted:

The takes must flow.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Bill Simmons is so butt hurt on his podcast today. It's wonderful.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

dokmo posted:

Gotta make sure it's not sullied by outcome bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

dokmo posted:

Most of it boils down to "do I personally like this guy" with a little bit of comparing it to their perceived range