Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Yeah Paulie was not even trying to engage at the end of R5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
we live in a world where in all likelihood artem lobov has a decision win over paulie

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
lol

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lmao

that was the perfect coda to the stupid mcgregor/mayweather saga

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lid posted:

we live in a world where in all likelihood artem lobov has a decision win over paulie

Yes we do. I'm not sure I want to live in it anymore.

That fights really sucked and mainly it was Paulie's fault for making it so. So much running away and avoiding fighting at all was poo poo.

Least the Jason Knight vs Artem fight was a bloody war

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
can we get a large hook to pull Paulie off stage

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Tbf Artem did attempt some big hooks on Paulie

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The look on Paul's face

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

old.flv posted:

Tbf Artem did attempt some big hooks on Paulie

That is physically impossible

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Brut posted:

That is physically impossible

Nobody's told him that though

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

old.flv posted:

Nobody's told him that though

I don't think anyone can tell him anything about anything at this point. Also it bothers me when a Russian man says "bollocks" for some reason.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JaySB posted:

I'd like to see this.

https://gfycat.com/sandyringeddegus

Not as impressive as I first thought but still seems way to easy to pull off against high level competition.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

wait why did the bellator have a post-lim fight?

(main fight spoilers below)
https://i.imgur.com/WhtdI7s.png

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Because it actually happened between what was broadcasted first and second because

CommonShore posted:

Bellator is doing everything it can to avoid success.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

piratepilates posted:

(main fight spoilers below)
https://i.imgur.com/WhtdI7s.png

They do that from time to time, and have done that going back to Bjorn Rebney. It's weird.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

got a need for more shemmy?

https://twitter.com/guicruzzz/status/1143861425435291649?s=19

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
What the gently caress is ONE FC doing? Overturning decisions because, umm, I guess they didn't like where it put them for their tournaments? That's some loving ACB-tier bullshit right there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

What the gently caress is ONE FC doing? Overturning decisions because, umm, I guess they didn't like where it put them for their tournaments? That's some loving ACB-tier bullshit right there.

hm?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Google says that last month they overturned a kickboxing bout after "official review" and are running it back.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/22/18635825/one-championship-overturns-giorgio-petrosyans-loss-no-contest-petchmorrakot-petchyindee

That's about all that I can imagine this vague anger to be about.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tomo Maesawa gaining boyfriends through demonstrations of violence is powerful energy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Maybe it's just Jack Slack being pissy about things vastly out of proportion to how much pissiness they deserve, and me assuming there's actually something to it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

Maybe it's just Jack Slack being pissy about things vastly out of proportion to how much pissiness they deserve, and me assuming there's actually something to it.

Oh I just had no idea what you were on about. It sounds discussion worthy. Is it mekchus link above? I didn't see the fight so I can't say if the rules were incorrectly enforced as one claims but turning over a result is ... Well kinda bad, but u can think of a few judge's cards which needed review.

Did this happen because of promotional fiat or regulatory oversight? (Probably fiat).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It really seemed to be just Chatri saying that the referee didn't control the action well enough, leading to infractions that weren't counted. Nothing to do with the judges at all, just the promoter deciding to overturn the decision. Giorgio Petrosyan lost to Petchmorrakot Petchyindee, and it was overturned to an NC. The dumbest thing is that they're running it back later this year - why not just say it was a close match, things weren't taken into account that should have been, we're running it back? I know kickboxing has much larger numbers in records than MMA but it still seems like loving with someone's record like that is a bit poo poo.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

https://gfycat.com/sandyringeddegus

Not as impressive as I first thought but still seems way to easy to pull off against high level competition.

Nice, that's the sweep I hit 2nd most frequently from half guard.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
There's a wild fight on Cage Warriors now that may get stopped cause the cage is too bloody lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Marc Goddard just called NC cause the floor was too slippery from blood

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
That whole card was wild and awesome. I couldn't go to this one live unfortunately. It was the right decision, they genuinely couldn't stand up for the blood.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I'll also add that one of the fights had a full-on pile driver which resulted in a point deduction. Which caused the fight to be a majority draw. Also if Frederick wasn't juicing EPO like he's mega-dillashaw for that fight then i'll eat my proverbial hat. So I'm glad he threw his win away.

I recommend the card to anyone with FightPass, all the fights.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

https://twitter.com/ImShannonTho/status/1145083361276420097

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ross Houston vs Nicholas Dalby Cage Warriors 106. Go watch this fight. This is an MMA Unicorn. Goddard stops the fight at 2-3:06 because there was too much blood in the ring. The fighters were slipping like a baby deer on ice, but it's blood.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I understand the stoppage -- I mean, what were they gonna do, switch to a new cage? -- but man, I feel for Dalby. He was cut from UFC after having been led to believe he'd be fighting on their debut show in Denmark, and has since racked up a good streak of finishes. Gotta think he would've been a lock for UFC Copenhagen with a win here, and he was well on his way to several 10-8s plus what could've been a finish earlier in the fight when Goddard decided to have a doctor check them out. I hope they take Houston's suggestion to heart and have them rematch in UFC when they come to Denmark; Dalby's ceiling is lower than Mads Burnell's for sure, but unlike Burnell he's a great dude and representative for the sport.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This may (or may not) be the best thing I've discovered on the internet.

https://www.cameo.com/titoortiz

You pay Tito (or other celebrities) money for them to do a video shout out to someone

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mekchu posted:

You pay Tito (or other celebrities) money for them to do a video shout out to someone

I hope Tito comes cheap because he can't put a sentence together for poo poo.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I hope Tito comes cheap because he can't put a sentence together for poo poo.

it costs $100 to have Tito mushmouth your words on film

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Someone pay Tito to do the hosed For Free promo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I discovered that last year and thought about having him do a shoutout here for Christmas but decided I didn't care enough about you guys to spend that kind of cash on a :ortiz: joke

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu posted:

Cameo came to my attention when someone paid Flavor Flav to do a shout-out to George Pell earlier this year, like "Happy retirement man, all the boys in the choir are going to miss you!"

Cardinal George Pell, the third most senior catholic in the world, had just been convicted of molesting two schoolboys in 1996

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Someone pay Tito to do the hosed For Free promo

someone pay Tito to do the Steiner Math promo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If you guys have any interest in picking/submitting new tags for MMA stuff we have a thread for it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:911:

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1146945899870003200