Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhyno posted:

That was insane.

I loved the moment when they realized they could call on their own memories for help.

Was really hoping it would've happened faster. As soon as Leopold's goons showed up, they dive out of the way, and Jeffery Mace and Michael Peterson step up to face them, flanked on the other side of the hallway by Ghost Rider and Deathlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is pretty funny how terrible Fitz and Simmons were at the beginning and now they're the best.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Was initially hoping they'd find a way to have a Ward cameo but it was superb as was, and his appearance may have overstuffed the episode causing it to lose a bit of focus!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

I think it is pretty funny how terrible Fitz and Simmons were at the beginning and now they're the best.

I appreciate them finally lampshading the whole fact that fitz-simmons were effectively one bad character in season 1.

I'm glad over time they were more fleshed out and I think they're my favorite characters now.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I find all the characters, especially Fitz and Simmons, extremely refreshing compared to the Arrowverse characters, but I guess that's an extremely low bar.

There was that time in s4 when Fitz was telling Aida something that broke Jemma's heart then he continued on to explain that he still loved only her, which made her happy--and someone pointed out that if it was a CW show, Jemma would turn the monitor off in a huff partway through, then Fitz would have to chase after her to explain, only for her to go "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT FITZ" and now I can't stop imagining episode scenarios from a universe where AoS aired on the CW.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

muscles like this! posted:

I know right? I found them to be a drag on episodes at first, but now, they are both awesome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This show has always been great about the way the characters handle drama. My favorite example is when evil Ward was still in love with Daisy and how other shows would probably have had Daisy struggle with that. But the first chance she gets she just shoots him. Because he betrayed them all and she hated him.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i have always loved fitz and simmons.

i mean come on?? you hated them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDNa81CsLEo&t=52s

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I liked Fitz Simmons when they were a nerdy pair of nerd friends who kind of unsettled everyone else. I liked them less when Fitz loved Simmons and was kind of a wierdo creeper about his unrequited feelings. Then urrrgh when Simmons loved Fitz back but to my delight they saved the whole thing by making them freaking awesome and very scary

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
IIRC he was a bit of a creeper around Daisy; he didn't even realize he liked Jemma until Ward told him he did, and at that point things were already going to poo poo for SHIELD and he didn't really have time to be weird about it. Actually since Ward was the one who convinced him he liked Jemma I was kind of expecting them to ultimately realize they weren't really a good fit and had just been playing into Ward's ploy to destabilize the team. I'm glad I was wrong though!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

This show has always been great about the way the characters handle drama. My favorite example is when evil Ward was still in love with Daisy and how other shows would probably have had Daisy struggle with that. But the first chance she gets she just shoots him. Because he betrayed them all and she hated him.

If this had been a CW Show Daisy would be "I Know Ward is dead and his body is being hosted to the parasite that founded Hydra, but I think there's still good in him! So instead of taking opportunities to otherwise remove his threat, I will constantly try to talk to them and give them time to escape, call in help, or set off their trap."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The difference in dramatic handling in AoS is what won me over. Daisy is the kind of person who'd shoot Ward dead, then keep shooting the body just to make sure he's extra dead and I am totally okay with that.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's still pretty lame how ward survived being shot four times in the chest, though.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 6, Episode 6: Inescapable

https://i.imgur.com/UGqXPNH.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/vsOYkYc.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/daRL7M7.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/5idqRUR.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/Wg5mXtE.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/xCK93fg.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/9DdBCoB.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/zR4EdOE.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/nRFRpQy.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/20aTgOO.gifv

Daisy's expression at the end of the episode is a mood.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Gelf posted:

Was initially hoping they'd find a way to have a Ward cameo but it was superb as was, and his appearance may have overstuffed the episode causing it to lose a bit of focus!

I'm still hoping they found a way to have the creator of the shrike played by Brett Dalton.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

I'm still hoping they found a way to have the creator of the shrike played by Brett Dalton.

Hell, they have whatever the hell Sarge is right there and everything to offer a perfectly probable explanation too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Hell, they have whatever the hell Sarge is right there and everything to offer a perfectly probable explanation too.

It's gonna be Tripp instead.

twistedmentat posted:

If this had been a CW Show Daisy would be "I Know Ward is dead and his body is being hosted to the parasite that founded Hydra, but I think there's still good in him! So instead of taking opportunities to otherwise remove his threat, I will constantly try to talk to them and give them time to escape, call in help, or set off their trap."

Very refreshing to have 'loving sever!' as an option respected in a TV show for once.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 23, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

e:doublepost

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Deke and Enoch spinoff plz.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Apoplexy posted:

Their reactions to the two demon-sides loving was hilarious. Great episode.

"Oh. Okay. .... Oh. Wow. :stonk:"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LividLiquid posted:

FitzSimmons and Enoch spinoff plz.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have listened to the Greatest Generation podcast too much, I am imaginging Kevin Uxbridge to have been inside the Music Box.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Chokes McGee posted:

"Oh. Okay. .... Oh. Wow. :stonk:"

"I didn't know you were into that."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nashona posted:

"I didn't know you were into that."

"I didn't know you liked that!"

"I didn't know you could do that!"

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

When they said 'Leopold is coming' I literally went 'YOOOO'. This show is probably one of the most comic book-iest outside of Legends of Tomorrow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, Not-Coulson isn't from another dimension after all?

He's been hunting the shrike across the galaxy (including the Chronicom homeworld) but not alternate Earths? So where did all his human associates come from?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, Not-Coulson isn't from another dimension after all?

He's been hunting the shrike across the galaxy (including the Chronicom homeworld) but not alternate Earths? So where did all his human associates come from?

Probably recruits like he did with May

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Jaco's explicitly an alien. He comes from a solvent with a different atmosphere.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I really like how rather than an epiphany which solves everything their conclusion is "we totally need therapy"

If only there was a convenient SHIELD shrink who was familiar with what they'd been through and also had first-hand experience of dealing with their darker side hurting people they cared about :smith:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I want pictures of that picture book. I didn't get a good enough look at it when I was watching it.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

CornHolio posted:

I want pictures of that picture book. I didn't get a good enough look at it when I was watching it.

Wasn't it the Darkhold or whatever?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Erev posted:

Yep.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Erev posted:

Yeah but I want the inside.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I really like how rather than an epiphany which solves everything their conclusion is "we totally need therapy"

If only there was a convenient SHIELD shrink who was familiar with what they'd been through and also had first-hand experience of dealing with their darker side hurting people they cared about :smith:

pretty sure he turned into a Hive hunting rage monster and died op

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

pretty sure he turned into a Hive hunting rage monster and died op

I think they're aware. Hence the smith.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PunkBoy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/20aTgOO.gifv

Daisy's expression at the end of the episode is a mood.

missed this before but reacting to a supposed planet killer with "so over this poo poo" instead of rage is the perfect cap to this episode

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think they're aware. Hence the smith.

whoops got wooshed :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This whole episode was phenomenal, but the end-of-episode exchange between Mack and Daisy is Agents of SHIELD at its absolute best; Mack still gets his dramatic TV gravitas moment, undercut with Daisy's perfectly realistic interjection and reaction

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Namnesor posted:

This whole episode was phenomenal, but the end-of-episode exchange between Mack and Daisy is Agents of SHIELD at its absolute best; Mack still gets his dramatic TV gravitas moment, undercut with Daisy's perfectly realistic interjection and reaction

Some reviews are saying Sarge and his gang are responsible for the planet deaths, but that contradicts the show's logic. It is obviously the shrike. And the fact that they didn't say that explicitly was just to make the audience doubt what we thought we knew.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Aleph Null posted:

Some reviews are saying Sarge and his gang are responsible for the planet deaths, but that contradicts the show's logic. It is obviously the shrike. And the fact that they didn't say that explicitly was just to make the audience doubt what we thought we knew.

The Shrike's and Sarge's endgame have the same result: Earth = no, so it's kind of an academic point to argue both in-universe and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I got the impression that Sarge's group only destroys worlds when they can't get the shrikes under control