Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

poty posted:

gently caress the haters. best 3 apple things ever

happy days

I'm glad all of them are dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://twitter.com/lauraolin/status/1144356098062897152

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Don't forget about the pry bar!

Pretty sure Jony has been desperately trying to get himself fired for the last five years and he's as surprised as us by how far he had to take things before they finally let him leave the white room

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's actually a genius. he realized they were too clever to fall for those obvious bullshit designs so he had to get smart, make a product that was desirable, but completely broken in the subtlest ways, like the macbook pro

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

did ive do the old cheese slicer mac pro?

otherwise the unibody mbp is his only genius design

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Switzerland posted:

Man, what I would give to see all the OSX design iterations prior to reveal

you can, unless i'm misunderstanding what you mean: https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+os+x+developer+preview+screenshots&tbm=isch

we can't have people leaving it plugged in while using it and having bystanders think it's a wired mouse for plebeians

A Wheezy Steampunk fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 28, 2019

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

did ive do the old cheese slicer mac pro?

otherwise the unibody mbp is his only genius design

it was a grater not a slicer

cmon son

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the new one is the grater, the old one is the slicer

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the one in between is the whiz can

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i will admit that ive (and steve) always sucked at mice

maybe now that both are gone they can hire someone from logitech to design them a good one for once

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
He copied from Braun so much, it should be "Johnny Ive Traces"

Imagine 4 Mac products on the edge of a cliff.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

poty posted:

maybe now that both are gone they can hire someone from logitech to design them a good one for once

imo they should just buy logitech and some laptop vendor, either HPE or Huawei.. both of them make better macbooks than apple

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Comedy option: Buy Razer or Roccat and release some sick Apple gaming mice with RGB LEDs.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

poty posted:

the puck mouse is a popular punching bag for good reason but remember the "mighty mouse" where you were only able to pick up the mouse from two small half-moon shaped spots and also those were buttons so don't squeeze too hard

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i had to double check the name and discovered this gem

quote:

The mouse emits a sound when the scroll ball is rolled or the side squeeze sensors are depressed, but this is not a direct product of the ball moving or side buttons being pressed; the sound is actually produced by a tiny speaker inside the mouse. There is no way to disable this feature other than physically disabling the speaker inside the mouse.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

entertaining as it is to poke fun at jony i am now calling that his stupidly named company will wind up designing cool tactile things (drawing more from the way the imac g3 and clickwheel ipod happened than from the aluminum-slab'ification of present-day apple), and we all figure out it was actually apple corporate that sucked.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i had to double check the name and discovered this gem

brb making a targeted virus that hits owners of this mouse and changes the scroll / click sound to ‘sustained screaming’

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
cant wait for sir jony ives to release his magnum opus: a featureless aluminum orb (featureless white void not included)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

unf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

entertaining as it is to poke fun at jony i am now calling that his stupidly named company will wind up designing cool tactile things (drawing more from the way the imac g3 and clickwheel ipod happened than from the aluminum-slab'ification of present-day apple), and we all figure out it was actually apple corporate that sucked.

jony saw that one guy selling a $15,000 hourglass and figured he could take his scam solo. hes not gonna be selling anything other than overpriced oddities for idiots

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he already made macs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

jony saw that one guy selling a $15,000 hourglass and figured he could take his scam solo. hes not gonna be selling anything other than overpriced oddities for idiots

oh, i bet him and marc newson are both planning to do this together.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

akadajet posted:

oh, i bet him and marc newson are both planning to do this together.

happy that they found love :)

now someone destroy tim from entirely turning apple into a services company

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

we can't have people leaving it plugged in while using it and having bystanders think it's a wired mouse for plebeians

this but unironically, apple is there to save customers from themselves

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
apple's documented 'hide user' method is completely loving broken in mo jave with no updated procedure

thapple

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you're holding it wrong

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i wonder if you can bind macos to a domain with sssd these days

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

LoveFrom :crossarms:

as a designer, shouldn't it be LoveForm?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

graph posted:

i wonder if you can bind macos to a domain with sssd these days

oh are we back to the pre 10.8 days of just breaking ad integration with every update?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

oh are we back to the pre 10.8 days of just breaking ad integration with every update?

no its been cock solid since 10.9 tbh

the ad break was the 10.7.5 update

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ask me how i remember the exact point update

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the bigger question is whether cock solid means very solid or implies e.g. some aid necessary

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well they "broke" it, but also they broke all the hacks you used to have to do to get it to work by completely replacing samba/whatever in 10.8

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheany posted:

this is the shaggar content i came to this thread for

yeah it's funny when shagger incorrectly uses a term because he doesn't actually know what it means

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

infernal machines posted:

lmao. apple paid real american dollars to buy android superfan geohot's "self driving" bullshit

you know, the one where he strapped a laptop and a webcam into his civic and nearly murdered a reporter, then got banned from testing or selling his poo poo in the us because he wouldn't fill out any paperwork, so he hosed off to china

its unclear how much they paid, and given the company announced it was liquidating before that it was probably a token amount and just to make it easier to automatically hire the people at the company they actually wanted

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

evilweasel posted:

its unclear how much they paid, and given the company announced it was liquidating before that it was probably a token amount and just to make it easier to automatically hire the people at the company they actually wanted

it is also, notably, not the company created by android superfan geohot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

apple's documented 'hide user' method is completely loving broken in mo jave with no updated procedure

thapple

mo jave mo problems