Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The Croc posted:

thing is with the roster WWE could be the best wrestling in the world but the whole structure just means it won't ever be.

NXT is a small window into how good they could make each show.

NXT makes it so much more frustrating because it’s not just potential hope, it proof that they can do better with production staff, writers, bookers, etc. who already work for the company and they just aren't doing it !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1145831166592917504

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dacap posted:

NXT makes it so much more frustrating because it’s not just potential hope, it proof that they can do better with production staff, writers, bookers, etc. who already work for the company and they just aren't doing it !

NXT was better when it just interns from Full Sail running the production. Now that WWE proper is starting to seep in its not as good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
NXT was best when it was all about Daniel Bryan trying to sell sodas.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I don't think anyone rational thinks the problem with WWE is entirely the talent. Its management that's the issue. Read: An out of touch 70 year old man who has probably changed his mind several times on storylines by time you get done reading this post.

And at least Rollins's apology came across as geniune opposed to people like Rhea or Hogan.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 2, 2019

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Push El Burrito posted:

NXT was best when it was all about Daniel Bryan trying to sell sodas. LUCKY CANNON

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

NXT was better when it just interns from Full Sail running the production. Now that WWE proper is starting to seep in its not as good.

100%. Still remember the obnoxious camera cuts of that first NXT Wargames match and just feeling so sad that they were clearly wanting NXT to look & feel more like WWE main roster and that was about the start of me slowly stopping watching NXT.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Running the Ciampa Gargano feud into the ground main roster style and smothering their heat under a metric ton of poo poo was a great touch :discourse:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

NXT was best when it was all about Daniel Bryan trying to sell sodas. trying to escape NXT.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone rational thinks the problem with WWE is entirely the talent. Its management that's the issue. Read: An out of touch 70 year old man who has probably changed his mind several times on storylines by time you get done reading this post.

And at least Rollins's apology came across as geniune opposed to people like Rhea or Hogan.
calling your own tweet trash is better than talking about no-no words or having a lengthy speech about the importance of not being caught, for sure

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

calling your own tweet trash is better than talking about no-no words or having a lengthy speech about the importance of not being caught, for sure

Nah. Rhea tried to apologize but she worded it as I AM SORRY YOU ARE OFFENDED level stuff.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Running the Ciampa Gargano feud into the ground main roster style and smothering their heat under a metric ton of poo poo was a great touch :discourse:

I havent had many gripes about NXT back when it was a thing I watched regularly but the two things I thought were lame were def 1) the gargano/ciampa feud being elongated for way too loving long and then ciampa got turned into a farm, killing a payoff and 2) they took the belt off Black way too quickly + jettisoned him off NXT too goddamn fast

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They did about as well as they could given that Vince called up whoever he wanted, whenever he wanted. And they can't really be blamed for Ciampa - had they been able to pull the final trigger, it probably would have been quite something

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah. Rhea tried to apologize but she worded it as I AM SORRY YOU ARE OFFENDED level stuff.

Too bad Rhea turned out to be Diarrhea.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Forget those jobbers in NXT,

Read MJF's response to the question about his pose...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzapAEsAJv6/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinche Rudo posted:

Forget those jobbers in NXT,

Read MJF's response to the question about his pose...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzapAEsAJv6/

It scrolled away what is it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Instangram seems like the absolute worst thing to use on the planet, in an industry that seems designed to make products that can't be used.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

It scrolled away what is it

Fan asked why he was smelling his finger, MJF told him to ask his mother

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
MJF with the timely virginity and momma jokes.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The worst news!

https://twitter.com/superhumman1234/status/1146187546579406849?s=21

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fadmonkey posted:

MJF with the timely virginity and momma jokes.

One of these days we're going to find out conclusive proof that MJF really is a total rear end in a top hat and not just playing one on TV and my heart will break a little.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Djarum posted:

The worst news!

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1146189851315888128

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

One of these days we're going to find out conclusive proof that MJF really is a total rear end in a top hat and not just playing one on TV and my heart will break a little.

Yeah, proof like publicly proposing to his girlfriend, brow beating her to move cross country with him, and then dumping her leaving her homeless in a new city.

Has he actually addressed any of that yet?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah, proof like publicly proposing to his girlfriend, brow beating her to move cross country with him, and then dumping her leaving her homeless in a new city.

No. She also mentioned he was doing the "oh I just can't be with anybody right now"/sliding into other girls DMs combo so it wasn't just things suddenly not working out either.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Sliding into DMs? Can't he just take rats backstage like any other scumbag wrestler?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Ah, I don't know any details of that. Just that she was living with him, the broke up, and now she has to place to live. That's terrible, obviously, and you'd hope the relationship would end amicably enough so she could get on her feet. But plenty of relationships don't and I hadn't heard any details.

But if he's already exposed as a huge rear end in a top hat with then there we are. The inevitable fulfilled..

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
When the whole story comes out you’ll see why MJF did what he did. He had little choice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinche Rudo posted:

Fan asked why he was smelling his finger, MJF told him to ask his mother

Excellent

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Page doesn't exist. What was it?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good Lord, none of those animations look good, it's like one stops and then another starts with no transition. Not to mention the models... ugh.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Helicity posted:

Superhumman is hurt for a couple weeks

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Helicity posted:

Pulled his groin on the last video, out two weeks.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Good Lord, none of those animations look good, it's like one stops and then another starts with no transition. Not to mention the models... ugh.

The models are atrocious and you nailed the animation issue. the animation starts. stops. then plays the selected command instead of the character stopping to pose or the transition being set to start from the step onto the top rope.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris Brookes brought Will Ospreay, Toni Storm and Bea Priestley to Gatoh Move yesterday and I felt so bad for him because they decided to act like typical drunk obnoxious foreigners through the show while he was just trying to watch it.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1146055978166579201?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Anyrhing involving any one of Ospreay, Priestley, and Storm is going to be embarrassing, all three of them especially so.

Brookes on the other hand owns, you can completely feel the difference in what loving Japanese wrestling means to him compared to Ospreay or whoever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, he's basically been a permanent fixture at Shinkiba 1st Ring on his days off.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Chris Brookes brought Will Ospreay, Toni Storm and Bea Priestley to Gatoh Move yesterday and I felt so bad for him because they decided to act like typical drunk obnoxious foreigners through the show while he was just trying to watch it.

Very embarrassing for us well behaved gaijin

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Djarum posted:

Pulled his groin on the last video, out two weeks.

I don't know why this makes me laugh so much. I think it's the idea that SUPERHUMMAN, of all people, is taking proper care of himself and seeking treatment when he gets injured.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Tomahawk posted:

When the whole story comes out you’ll see why MJF did what he did. He had little choice.

Speaking of, Alicia Fox still has a job. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Where's Sadie Gibbs when you need her? Maybe she can jump in and let them know wrestling in Japan isn't a vacation.