Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheCool69 posted:

I just bought 2k19 at a sale and.. i must be dumb dumb cos i dont understand half of it.

I made a character whose overall is 47.. had few matches in "story" mode, just beat black hole dude in falls count anywhere fight. And how do i make my dude better? I look at the attributes/skills menus and i cant do anything? I cant change my skill which seems to be tag Team for some reason?

I have large amount of some kind of currency and the game tells me to buy loot boxes?

How long is the story mode? I feel like i played hour or two and had three matches and lot of cut scenes. Braun beat me in ten seconds is that normal?

Braun’s supposed to beat you. You can beat him but it’s not expected and the game doesn’t really reward you for it

I think the loot boxes are how you unlock new moves and caw parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Braun’s supposed to beat you. You can beat him but it’s not expected and the game doesn’t really reward you for it

I think the loot boxes are how you unlock new moves and caw parts

Yeah the loot boxes open up creation stuff for story mode. Far as I know they have 0 effect on the actual game because I used the unlock everything DLC and it didn't do anything to story mode unlocks in that mode.

The loot boxes are loving tedious and is a big part of why I stopped playing story, despite the goofy rear end writing that I was enjoying

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TheCool69 posted:

I just bought 2k19 at a sale and.. i must be dumb dumb cos i dont understand half of it.

I made a character whose overall is 47.. had few matches in "story" mode, just beat black hole dude in falls count anywhere fight. And how do i make my dude better? I look at the attributes/skills menus and i cant do anything? I cant change my skill which seems to be tag Team for some reason?

I have large amount of some kind of currency and the game tells me to buy loot boxes?

How long is the story mode? I feel like i played hour or two and had three matches and lot of cut scenes. Braun beat me in ten seconds is that normal?
The story mode is gated so that your guy sucks when he starts out. You gain permission to upgrade stats through winning matches. You gain currency to buy unlocks and loot boxes by playing any mode in the game. It’s not a very elegant system.

Best bet is probably to play Universe for awhile to build up currency, and go for the cheap lootboxes in bulk so that you get all the basics you could want, and / or buy the specific moves you want.

Story Mode isn’t super long - you start out on the indies, go briefly to NXT, go to Japan for a tour, etc. You could probably beat it in an afternoon or two. You are meant to be squashed by Braun

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Takuan posted:

The amount of RAM you have doesn't matter to Fire Pro. It's a 32-bit program so maxes out and starts to get unstable once you get close to 4 GB of RAM usage.

So I guess what I have to find out is why it's maxing out for me at 12-22 extra guys when other people are apparently going for triple digits.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is how the 2K games work for me.

- Buy on sale
- Make Raw, Smackdown, NXT/AEW/Indy/Japan, WCW, and ECW the brands in Universe
- Max out the PPV arenas for Universe
- Max out CAWs for the brands until the logo limit is hit (wtf, how is this a thing)
- Play a few times and have a few good matches
- Forget about.
- Go back to Madden franchise mode maxing out my fictional randomly geberated draft picks after having 5 1st round picks each year.

It's a vicious cycle.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't checked in on WWE games in a while. They removed the ability (however convoluted it was) to customize your entrance music with whatever song you want, right? And that hasn't returned?

vvvv Then I can't get excited for a new game. They need to make a deal with Spotify to make the theme music accessible that way.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 29, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I haven't checked in on WWE games in a while. They removed the ability (however convoluted it was) to customize your entrance music with whatever song you want, right? And that hasn't returned?
yeah that feature has been gone since 2k14

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I.. I cant figure out how to stand back up, unless I'm countering with R2. The game said something about R1+L1 but it cant be that difficult?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did you make sure the controllers plugged in grandpa?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

STONE COLD 64 posted:

yeah that feature has been gone since 2k14

Thankfully on PC there are modding tools to do it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

They should scrap the Hogan story idea and give us Black Hole Cole's Japanese excursion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

Thankfully on PC there are modding tools to do it.

all the good CAW people are on ps4 though :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

They should scrap the Hogan story idea and give us Black Hole Cole's Japanese excursion.

Partner with AJPW and give us Black Hole Cole vs Kento.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Grey Dog Software is running a Summer sale

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/announcement.php?f=242

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Basic Chunnel posted:

For those who want to play a good game, SLAMMED! is on sale

I picked this up and finished it twice in the past week. It's so funny how wwe 2k19 tried to do a similar version of this games story but because it's WWE'd up, it's completely ridiculous and impossible to take seriously.

Slammed! Rules.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I bought Slammed! too and it’s cool but I honestly think they should have just made it so Wrestling Is Real In This Story because the work/shoot hybrid is kinda clunky to me

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The thing with 2k19's story mode is that it's kinda entertaining until you get to join WWE. So in that case it's accurate to real life.

The thing is, even after you join WWE I tried to get into it and everything. So when something happened in the story I tried to reflect that in my attire. The moment of crushing sobriety came when I wrote "HHH FEARS BUZZ' BUTT" on my rear end and I realized that this is making Triple H money in-universe and that the only winning move is to not play.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally gonna get TEW2016 :unsmith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

day of reckoning did the best rookie to main roster superstar storyline

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

day of reckoning did the best rookie to main roster superstar storyline

The Day of Reckoning games were loving great and I would love for them to be revisited some day, somehow.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Day of Reckoning games are pretty solid in general, but the rosters are lackluster (they came out in 2004-05 after all) and I didn't like how all multiman matches turned into these giant clusterfucks where nobody could ever perform a move because one punch would knock you right out of any move animation. Being able to break up any move is a good mechanic in theory, but if you make it too easy you just end up ruining multiman matches completely (of course you can't really do an accurate WWE-style triple threat or fatal four-way anyway, because those always involve one or more wrestlers being dead on the outside and that just doesn't work in a game). I also didn't care for the janky walking animations, which seemed to be a problem in a lot of wrestling games in that era.

I really like the Hell in a Cell in the DoR games, though. Much better than what Smackdown vs. RAW was doing with the Cell at the time.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 3, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I will admit I prefer the triple threat matches on the 2K games to the N64 ones. At least on the 2K games, the computer will fight each other, instead of how the N64 games always became 2 on 1 handicap matches.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Another gripe I have about Day of Reckoning's presentation, and this is nitpicky as gently caress, is how the crowd chants "holy poo poo" (which they had to change to "holy *clap*") when someone hits their finisher. That's not even remotely how that chant works, you gits! :argh:

I guess it was still better than the "boring" chants during CAW matches in Smackdown vs. RAW 2006. No, really, that was a thing. My friends and I did a lot of CAW vs. CAW stuff in that game, and we'd get the big BOOOORING chants in every match no matter what went on in the ring. So if you ever wanted to recreate the cruiserweight matches from Hog Wild '96 with an accurate crowd response, this is the game for you! SVR 2006 also did its best to gently caress up your CAWs by forcing the censor blur over their crotch and butt (and the chest for the ladies), because someone might create a "naked" CAW and play as them online and western civilization would be ruined.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Doc M posted:

The Day of Reckoning games are pretty solid in general, but the rosters are lackluster (they came out in 2004-05 after all) and I didn't like how all multiman matches turned into these giant clusterfucks where nobody could ever perform a move because one punch would knock you right out of any move animation. Being able to break up any move is a good mechanic in theory, but if you make it too easy you just end up ruining multiman matches completely (of course you can't really do an accurate WWE-style triple threat or fatal four-way anyway, because those always involve one or more wrestlers being dead on the outside and that just doesn't work in a game). I also didn't care for the janky walking animations, which seemed to be a problem in a lot of wrestling games in that era.

I really like the Hell in a Cell in the DoR games, though. Much better than what Smackdown vs. RAW was doing with the Cell at the time.

DoR 2 cage matches can gently caress off though.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Steel cage matches in every game can gently caress off, to be fair.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
TEW 2016 is definitely worth $20 if you're into that kind of game. The only negative with GDS is their insistence on sticking with eLicense. Even an exclusivity to the Epic store would be an upgrade over eLicense. :sigh:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
TEW2016 for $20 sounds good, but 2020 is coming in a few months and that developmental journal thread suggests that this version is going to be really deep as heck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best medium is a cross mixture of running TEW with Fire Pro

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it seems for sure we get 2020 before the end of the year so I don't know if I'd recommend '16 right now.

Then again if you don't need the latest version and don't mind some problems being addressed in a later version buying '16 means tons of mods and stuff out there which will take awhile to get right for '20. But for me I rather tinker with a screw mod than have a "I want to do this... its fixed in the next version" problem.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had a fun time today using the new July 2019 RWC mod on TEW 16 playing with AEW.

I always get a greater perspective on a promotion's or WWE's latest brand split/draft via playing it through on TEW. AEW's roster is a well balanced and diverse mix of talent that you can let your mind run free with and a roster of people who know no one has really put their fingerprint on. Has really re-invigorated what has been for years a WWE simulator. Even playing with ROH or IMPACT you can subconsciously re-run their historical playbook even if you didn't intend to. AEW is a blank canvas.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CVagts posted:

TEW 2016 is definitely worth $20 if you're into that kind of game. The only negative with GDS is their insistence on sticking with eLicense. Even an exclusivity to the Epic store would be an upgrade over eLicense. :sigh:

If I ever want to replace my card, i consider buying something from Grey Dog Software, because without fail my bank sends me a new card every time I use their service.

rovert posted:

Had a fun time today using the new July 2019 RWC mod on TEW 16 playing with AEW.

I always get a greater perspective on a promotion's or WWE's latest brand split/draft via playing it through on TEW. AEW's roster is a well balanced and diverse mix of talent that you can let your mind run free with and a roster of people who know no one has really put their fingerprint on. Has really re-invigorated what has been for years a WWE simulator. Even playing with ROH or IMPACT you can subconsciously re-run their historical playbook even if you didn't intend to. AEW is a blank canvas.

I always end up either historically, or contemporaneity, making a custom promotion and just trying to do cool poo poo. AEW's rise has felt a lot like that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AEW definitely has that kind of EWR/TEW "Start a Promotion And Just Sign All The Cool Free Agents You Like" feel to it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Big Easy Difficulty Energy.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

jesus WEP posted:

I bought Slammed! too and it’s cool but I honestly think they should have just made it so Wrestling Is Real In This Story because the work/shoot hybrid is kinda clunky to me

I agree but I enjoy the ride so much that it doesn't bug me as much as it should.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

AEW definitely has that kind of EWR/TEW "Start a Promotion And Just Sign All The Cool Free Agents You Like" feel to it.

a.k.a. The Thing I Always End Up Doing in TEW if I'm not just running seven-hour NJPW shows with 25 dope matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's half the fun of TEW to me. Sure, sometimes i play a really long game. And sometimes I make up a diary. And sometimes I'm trying something specific and situational. But a lot of the time I'm just starting a new game and assembling a roster for fun. Then I play 3 months of game time, forget about it for 3 months real time, and then start again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

That's half the fun of TEW to me. Sure, sometimes i play a really long game. And sometimes I make up a diary. And sometimes I'm trying something specific and situational. But a lot of the time I'm just starting a new game and assembling a roster for fun. Then I play 3 months of game time, forget about it for 3 months real time, and then start again.

That’s how I played TEW for years, but last summer I started a WCW scenario that I’ve managed to stick with since then. I’ve made it through 3 years in-game, building up CM Punk, Kevin Steen, etc. Feels good man.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Spike has added Stardom World DLC to SteamDB, so it's about as official as it's going to get until they announce it. And hey, it's a non-holiday Thursday, so...

W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling's presents Duty NOW For the Future!
In the main event the defender of the Earth and friend of all children, Koji Kojinaka defends the W.A.V.E. World Ultraweight Championship against two angry guinea pigs with a war machine, Miles & Keiko! Lou Ban attempts to make a name for themselves against Jimmy Stardust!
The W.A.V.E. Trans-AM Championship will be on the line in a three-way elimination match with Maybelle Starr, Clay Henry IX, and Tamika Johnson!
KyodAI challenges The Lionmarks for the W.A.V.E. Tag Team Championships!
Sherman Cooper attempts to prove he's still got what it takes against Broman Gains!
Busta Cranium makes his return and defends the W.A.V.E. Open The Gate Championship against Tessa Kulitu!
Teresa Titan faces A New Challenger!
All this and much more!
Also Mike finally hired a proper host!
Tonight at 8:00PM EST!
The show starts at 8:00 PM EST but in the meantime come hang out and listen to some Mint Jams!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been largely bed ridden the last few days and man have I managed to get myself crazy hyped about TEW 2020. Want it soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Welp. My power went out for a minute but my internet hasn't come back on. For the handful of you that were watching, I aplogize and plan to re-run the show tomorrow at 6pm EST. Tonight feels like it was cursed from the start. :suicide:

And I, too, have been reading the dev updates and been getting hype for TEW 2020.