Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

Has there ever been a chancellor in pop culture that hasn't been evil?

Ned Stark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

GrandmaParty posted:

Dirt Road Junglist joins me and we talk about her impeccable taste in media. She's a rad lady.

Thanks! You're rad, too.

Totally agree, a bracket of 16 would have made this less of a slog. I guess it kind of follows thematically that an area based on an 8-bit jRPG, especially filtered through the mind of an 8-year-old, would be kind of grindey-sloggy. Then again, there would probably be better ways to get that point across, assuming it was a conscious design choice and not unintentionally awkward pacing.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

I liked the tournament quite a bit, but I think that's just because Mom's enjoying herself and she deserves to be happy

I would have appreciated if you fought Johnny Knives instead of DeeDee, though

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Mom is definitely the highlight of that sequence.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mizuti posted:

Mom is definitely the highlight of that sequence.

Especially when she owned Grandma.

Love ya <3

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I think we're gonna gear up for strong lady funtime commentary block again. Any suggestions or requests for female commentators you'd like to see?

Panzer is out, unfortunately. Loved her but she's got mom stuff pending.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I want a commentary woman who's as prone to sunniness and good humor as Helga.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

GrandmaParty posted:

I think we're gonna gear up for strong lady funtime commentary block again. Any suggestions or requests for female commentators you'd like to see?

Panzer is out, unfortunately. Loved her but she's got mom stuff pending.

Aw, grats to Panzer :3:

I can see if arlockwood wants to do a thing. She's a strong independent woman who takes no bullshit from anyone.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mom stuff or becoming a mom stuff? Mazel tov regardless.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Panzer's kid's first word will be some variation on 'fucker'. Guaranteed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr.Smasher posted:

Panzer's kid's first word will be some variation on 'fucker'. Guaranteed.

A friend of mine had a brother who was significantly younger than he was. He went out of his way to make sure the kid's first word was "jabroni", and goddammit he succeeded.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

VoidBurger maybe?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Episode 18 is up!

Oh thank God we leave Everchip. 00MeowMix joins me for an epic romp through beating up an old man to find a hot Dad. And I'm down with hot dads.

This episode really should have been called Dirtiest Dick in the West but I don't want Youtube to get all big hands with me.

This episode returns to being as tight as my haircut is and is full of good things and Mom doesn't destroy us.

So enjoy this special America-themed episode of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass.

Why is it America-themed? gently caress if I know, I'm not a wizard.

Commentary On

No Commentary

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

MachuPikacchu posted:

VoidBurger maybe?

VB and Lowtax had some poo poo go down and she doesn't want any part of SA.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Obviously you heckle a cock by yelling insults at it, duh.

I would join but I've got nothing but a bad laptop mic and I still haven't taken the time to figure out discord. Maybe next time :shobon:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Secret Meridian is my favorite island in the game and Hylics is wonderful. The sequel will drop soon supposedly.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I see a distinct lack of DeeDee shaking in this video. 3/10

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I see a distinct lack of DeeDee shaking in this video. 3/10

Can't do it. It's impossible! I tried!

thevoiceofdog posted:

Secret Meridian is my favorite island in the game and Hylics is wonderful. The sequel will drop soon supposedly.

So far, I agree. It's a great environment with some great music and you guys are in for a treat.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
man I just kinda feel bad for the dragon

just wanted company and instead it gets treated like a taxi and then left

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I went and bought this game cause of this LP. It is very good.

The creator is really chill and humble unlike this other developer guy y'all may have heard of.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I love this continent. The geometric/number theme, music, and pastel colors are so pleasant.

You should really go back and pick up Thermal Bomb for Andrew, though! I never took it off him.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mizuti posted:

I love this continent. The geometric/number theme, music, and pastel colors are so pleasant.

You should really go back and pick up Thermal Bomb for Andrew, though! I never took it off him.

It's the first thing we do next episode. <3

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thermal Bomb is OP

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Thermal Bomb is just incredibly convenient. Any AOE attacks in this make fights a ton faster.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there's also a special surprise waiting in everchip's cathedral, if you ever feel like visiting again

don't know if it triggers later or after beating the Chancellor, though

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Thermal Bomb really is just one of the best moves in the game, its always useful, especially on Andrew.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I kinda like Everchip's everything except for its plot. But its environment and side-content are aces in my book

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Andrew is probably the single most useful party member besides Jimmy. There's a combo involving both of them that makes boss battles much easier.

The Pulsating Mass has sure given Jimmy some very specific threats.

Edit: I'm not sure if she's still active, but Faerie Fortune would be an excellent guest.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 5, 2019

Kad
Jun 2, 2019

andrew is totally a hot dad

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

The ultimate power is clearly roses.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Andrew is probably the single most useful party member besides Jimmy. There's a combo involving both of them that makes boss battles much easier.

I agree to an extent. You'll never not want Helga on the team due to her extremely good healing, whereas you could theoretically make Jimmy a better Andrew. But Andrew is still exceptional.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there are certain items you can find in the Everchip dungeon that make Andrew a destroyer of worlds

it was real nice to have a dedicated nuker after all this time

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Andrew definitely became my most useful party member, he certainly made grinding a lot easier. That being said, I could never not use Helga, she is absolutely vital. Lars is also a great sponge and undulate + counter has saved my rear end plenty... But if Buck is available then I'm picking Buck, sorry. He's my favorite character.

Whatever.

I must've been playing wrong because generally, Jimmy was the least useful member on my party. What should I be doing with him? I still have post-game content to tackle, so it wouldn't hurt to optimize Jimbo a bit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Andrew definitely became my most useful party member, he certainly made grinding a lot easier. That being said, I could never not use Helga, she is absolutely vital. Lars is also a great sponge and undulate + counter has saved my rear end plenty... But if Buck is available then I'm picking Buck, sorry. He's my favorite character.

Whatever.

I must've been playing wrong because generally, Jimmy was the least useful member on my party. What should I be doing with him? I still have post-game content to tackle, so it wouldn't hurt to optimize Jimbo a bit.

jimmy's base form becomes his most powerful by far in the endgame, since you can give him abilities from any of the other forms to make combos that wouldn't be possible otherwise

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Jimmy's normal form can stack three passive abilities and six active abilities. Also, each form gives a permanent stat bonus per imagination level earned. Combine the two mechanics and you can make an engine of destruction.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Depending on the equipment he has on, you can REALLY break Jimmy in fun odd ways.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Oh word, I didn't know Jimmy received permanent stat bonuses from leveling imagination. I thought those were just stat increases for that particular form. Well, don't that beat all?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingRok posted:

I agree to an extent. You'll never not want Helga on the team due to her extremely good healing, whereas you could theoretically make Jimmy a better Andrew. But Andrew is still exceptional.
No need to heal if you can just kill your opponent quickly enough.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Hey, is it me, or did you forget to shake Three?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Episode 19 is up!

Plot! Who likes plot? Just really foreshadowed plot.

Someone from the Jimmy Discord wanted to do it and was super excited about guesting so I let her guest. Her name is Kamigeno!

I'm trying to coordinate guests still. It's still fun making new bros.

Next episode: A whole lot of fun poo poo happens.

Also if I didn't shake 3 I'm gonna shake him so much he's gonna look like 8, motherfuckers.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh word, I didn't know Jimmy received permanent stat bonuses from leveling imagination. I thought those were just stat increases for that particular form. Well, don't that beat all?

yeah that's why I rush the imagination xp boost from sunflower, it gimps jimmy for the early game but after he gets it he'll start barfing huge numbers everywhere