Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Zoracle Zed posted:

a sort of penance

Also loving lol. If he wants to do penance go get arrested blocking a CBP camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Forcing my lib friends to listen to this inebriated ep before I discuss the election with them again. It’s a masterclass.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

that kid seems confused

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

rapeface posted:

is that comic sans you degenerate

i think the mods do that to people they don't like or something

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

thinking about what amber said about the brains of teens not yet being fully formed

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
hmm to be honest I'm not entirely convinced that getting a degree from an elite institution and joining the air force is how you get put in the highest risk positions in the armed forces

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

how is gravel polled?
how is gravel polled
how mike debate prasident

They need to do way instain party> who shut out thier candidates, becuse these candidate cant poll well? It was on the news this mroing a grandpa in ak who had hired his two teens, they are taking the two teen back to new york too lady to rest. my pary are with the voter who lost his protes ; i am truley sorry for your bucks

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

fighting imperialism by being killed

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The Chapo "don't get involved with these kids" radar was strong and correct

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SlimGoodbody posted:

The Chapo "don't get involved with these kids" radar was strong and correct

Matt has spice prescience.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Uranium posted:

how is gravel polled?
how is gravel polled

They need to do way instain party> who shut out thier candidates, becuse these candidate cant poll well? It was on the news this mroing a grandpa in ak who had hired his two teens, they are taking the two teen back to new york too lady to rest. my pary are with the voter who lost his protes ; i am truley sorry for your bucks

:bernpop:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Cool, very cool.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Spenser posted the communism will win picture knowing he would probably be kicked out for it, it was actually a pretty old pic when he posted it, they gave him an other than honorable discharge but he already had enlisted time (went from a ranger unit he deployed with straight to westpoint, because his command was targeting/harassing him for expressing leftist views/questioning the war and he wanted out) so he still got to keep some of his benefits. He has a podcast with Mike Prysner now who's another anti-imperialist vet.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

AstroWhale posted:

Cool, very cool.

Lmao

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Spiked actually started off as the journal of the Revolutionary Communist Party, but their contrarianism and insistence that (their projection of) 'working class' priorities should be adhered to over eccentric middle class intellectual interests like internationalism, environmentalism or anti-racism led them to become indistinguishable from the libertarian right. I think maybe five more years at most of doubling down on her worst takes will leave Amber with essentially the same politics as Brendan O'Neill

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm sure Amber, whos been a Marxist and an organizer longer than 99.9% of the DSA, is gonna become a republican

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm sure Amber, whos been a Marxist and an organizer longer than 99.9% of the DSA, is gonna become a republican

Not saying I believe it is happening with Amber, but it wouldnt be the first time that kind of face heel turn happened where a communist turned neocon. Disillusioned revolutionaries who don't see the changes they work for end up selling out sometimes, if they have a high enough profile to have something to sell in the first place.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm sure christopher hitchens, whos been a Marxist and an organizer longer than 99.9% of the DSA, is gonna become a republican

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

I'm sure deng xiaoping, whos been a Marxist and an organizer longer than 99.9% of the DSA, is gonna become a republican

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this doesn't even make sense. goddamn you suck lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mad libs but every name is deng xiaoping or whatever. this is goon "humor"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

it was good actually

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

R. Guyovich posted:

dsyp

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

it's literally the only of the two jokes to use an actual communist who actually became right wing and not just a generic 'agh the sjws!!!!!' loser

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Without Deng Xiaoping There Would Be No New China

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Forums Terrorist posted:

Without Deng Xiaoping There Would Be No New China

good, new China sucks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AstroWhale posted:

Cool, very cool.

quote:

Among the most refreshing things about Frost and Khachiyan is that their politics are resolutely not woke. ‘You can tell people that I’m trans’, says Khachiyan, with characteristic irreverence, as Frost, Khachiyan and myself sit down to talk at Eastwood in the Lower East Side. ‘I’m not trans, but you can say that just for fun.’ Their reasons for rejecting wokeness are both pragmatic and political. ‘The majority of people are not woke’, explains Frost: ‘Why would we dismiss the majority of people as hopelessly reactionary?’

I mean most people are also not leftist in any real meaning but you keep saying we can reach out to them and change their minds so maybe we don't also have to embrace their reactionary poo poo to get om their side?

Also isn't spiked literally Koch funded lol?

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ace of Baes posted:

Amber, whos been a Marxist and an organizer

I hate this word but really, source(s)?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 5, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

quote:

Frost adds that lots of American women are ‘voluntary removing their reproductive organs’. ‘Nobody is talking about this. It’s a middle-class, very elite phenomenon, where they’re like, “I have menstrual problems, I’m going to remove my womb”. Lena Dunham wrote a whole loving essay about it.’

This is legit a TERF blog post from like 5 years ago pretending to be a class critique. Like even if this epidemic existed in the real world what is the real problem here? Are they less of a person if they had this done? What's the moral or politcal failing of these women that totally exist and are totally doing this.

Also holy poo poo lol "My source is Lena Dunham, noted normal and average middle class person with no brain demons who is still definitely a big deal and people still care about, wrote what was probably a first person essay about it so clearly it's a big deal!"

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 5, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Newer on the scene is the acerbic and wickedly funny Anna Khachiyan

quote:

‘You can tell people that I’m trans’, says Khachiyan

drat! hilarious

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

R. Guyovich posted:

DOMINICK STRAUSS-KHAN

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

drat! hilarious

"I'll just claim to be trans so they can't get mad at me" is literally a 4chan reactionary bit from a decade ago.

God I wonder if she's heard the attack helicopter bit yet.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Those "Amber is not a TERF" posts sure aged poorly. Kudos to that other person's TERFdar who sensed it.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Amber at least seems to have good politics in terms of economics despite the fact that she seems overly susceptible to edgelord brain poisoning, but I'm convinced Khachiyan just wants to be conservative without conservatism's uncool stigma.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Uranium posted:

how is gravel polled?
how is gravel polled

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sulphagnist posted:

Those "Amber is not a TERF" posts sure aged poorly. Kudos to that other person's TERFdar who sensed it.

I don't want your kudos I just want not 100% of middle class women in New York Media/Art to be terfs. :eng99:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is legit a TERF blog post from like 5 years ago pretending to be a class critique. Like even if this epidemic existed in the real world what is the real problem here? Are they less of a person if they had this done? What's the moral or politcal failing of these women that totally exist and are totally doing this.

Also holy poo poo lol "My source is Lena Dunham, noted normal and average middle class person with no brain demons who is still definitely a big deal and people still care about, wrote what was probably a first person essay about it so clearly it's a big deal!"

Middle class men keep removing their lower ribs only to get better at self sucking. WHy is no one talking about this?!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I don't see how Amber making fun of cis women who get hysterectomies makes her a TERF. It's weird, but it's talking poo poo about cis people, right? How does trans stuff come in?

(also I don't think amber could be called a radical feminist because she always talks about how she sees class as more significant than sex or gender, but maybe TERF has evolved linguistically)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1147163315812130816