Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I could probably reread everyone and this day more seriously and expand on that list in a real way but I’m real tired so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Epsilon + vote is on themselves lmao.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote fool to bring us closer to consensus for the deadline

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

fool was pinging me earlier but sounds like he's getting replaced soon, so I'm fine putting that one off.

I've rolled the xiw case around in my head a few times and I'm undecided. I prefer AA.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote fool to bring us closer to consensus for the deadline

Ah yeah, I should do the same, let me agree with you, with a vote, I am casting this vote as I was inspired by my friend "The Ninth Layer", a poster on the something awful forums.

##vote: fool

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Not a fan of the b-minus vote if that wasn't clear already.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

zzyzx posted:

fool was pinging me earlier but sounds like he's getting replaced soon, so I'm fine putting that one off.

why would you not vote for someone that was pinging you? fool requesting a replacement shouldnt matter

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

why would you not vote for someone that was pinging you? fool requesting a replacement shouldnt matter

It would be really funny for somebody to replace in and then get immediately executed, tbf.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

xiw posted:

Steak feels pretty legit overall. Merk's approach feels much more like a 'i'm going to poke someone and look for reactions' which I'm also okay with as a general approach day 1.

JenX is town since I don't think d1 miller is a plausible scum cover in a game like this - it's asking for unnecessary attention.

I think Toal feels bad here since the 'let's get going and chart the course of the game' early start feels pretty performative - but this is tricky since they're probably the only person in the
game I've been scum with before and also seen their town posting.

AA wanted to be scum in post 1 and seems pretty enthusiastic about the game. Not sure that's a strong indicator but it's something.

b-minus I am mostly ignoring because I remember completely reading them wrong in previous games.

I was looking at Bernstrike pretty suspiciously but voting steak first then moving to DBD feels towny because steak is a target at the moment who could get pushed to a kill, while DBD isn't - so this is
giving up a potential killwagon. Getting to 14 votes is going to be hard work I think.

##vote AA

Some things in this post I don't like:
Stating outright JenX is town is bizarre, I don't get what "a game like this" means, and I feel like most of the discussion about the miller claim has not lead anywhere threatening, so I don't know what kind of unnecessary attention xiw is imagining here.

Argument against AA is just bad but I think that's been covered by someone else.

I don't like their reasoning for not being suspicious of Bernstrike. I feel like it's a perfectly valid scum tactic to preemptively distance themselves from a vote they know is bad and hope it has enough momentum to carry on its own. I am not asserting that is what Bernstrike is doing here but since it's real easy to imagine stuff like that I don't feel like this statement is sincere so much as it feels like a pivot to distance themselves from their own stated suspicions so they can look justified in voting someone else. And ending on the AA vote with that reasoning on AA in particular just looks real bad.

##vote xiw

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Tommunist posted:

Epsilon + vote is on themselves lmao.

so it is

sorry, it's been a busy week for me - only just saw this post because I was asked to take a look at part of the votefinder beta. trying to catch up now

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Jen X posted:

while I'm inclined to be lenient on this because I use them too in order to avoid having to write more, in this particular case, where your vote is based on it, I'd like a whole lot more than what you're giving, meta or no meta: why is this more likely to be binus' scum playstyle than not? What about him is pinging you?

I feel like b-minus posts a lot of out there stuff in general but when he's town I feel like there's a subtle point to it that I eventually notice. I'm not getting that vibe here.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Wait I didn't really process how close it was to deadline here, I'll change my vote

##vote fool

I feel like the issues with fool are more subtle as merk pointed out but I feel this is a good vote too

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
##vote fool

I'm not entirely convinced but merk's points are solid enough that I'm willing to vote fool to avoid a no lunch.

also sorry for being so quiet today, I've been having various health issues today such as my stomach acting up hardcore. I've spent most of the evening lying down so I didn't get much done in the way of reads.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote fool mainly out of self preservation and I’m always in favor of lunching players that request to be replaced

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
OK so I'm a day vig. My first big post starting with drat is breadcrumbs. First letter of each sentence reads DAY GUN. Further breadcrumbs in the three posts about the Marvel movies: first letter of those three posts spell out VIG.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm one shot and I'm blowing away quidthulhu here in a sec of the votes stay on me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm one shot and I'm blowing away quidthulhu here in a sec of the votes stay on me

Why quid

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

fool_of_sound posted:

I entirely approve of this, tbh.

If you actually are a dayvig I'm going to unvote.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Don't like his posts

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Also nice of you to show up now that you’re in danger of being lunched.....

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah why quid? Shoot xiw.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

fool_of_sound posted:

Don't like his posts

Yami Fenrir posted:

I entirely approve of this, tbh.

If you actually are a dayvig I'm going to unvote.

:stare:

Yami fool scumbos?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

:stare:

Yami fool scumbos?

What if it is Yami fool quid scumbros and they are gonna have fool shoot quid and ride the town credit for 10 more game days

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

fool_of_sound posted:

What's your role/flavor

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nice how people are jumping out of the woodworks now to defend a guy that has been consistently cased for having a very weak content game.

:thinking:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Nice how people are jumping out of the woodworks now to defend a guy that has been consistently cased for having a very weak content game.

:thunk:

Mafia edit

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yami Fenrir posted:

:thinking:

:hmmyes:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If quid flips scum I'm betting Hal is scum too

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paul ReiserFS posted:

What's your role/flavor

Day vig, M'baku

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm down with a Quid shot

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

fool_of_sound posted:

Day vig, M'baku

I mean like what's the in-game explanation for your power, do you have an alien device that allows you a single shot?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I mean like what's the in-game explanation for your power, do you have an alien device that allows you a single shot?

I'm very sexy. That's not a joke that is my actual flavor.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

fool_of_sound posted:

not if we vote you first! ##vote fool_of_sound

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm very sexy. That's not a joke that is my actual flavor.

It checks out.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I figure it's actually cause mbaku's thing in black panther was unexpectedly showing up out of nowhere to help kick some rear end but the flavor is just 'he hot'

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bernstrike posted:

Scumpost

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bernstrike posted:

What the actual gently caress is this post

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Trying to get a claimed dayvig lunched before they fire off a shot is scum behavior IMO

##vote bernstrike

also on board for:
bminus
quid
jen
xiw

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Even if you believe the claim, which I don’t, it’s a negative utility role and the proposal to shoot quid is anti-town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote bernstrike

Yeah uh, no.