Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Gods bleed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apoplexy posted:

I know/remember she was Violet on True Blood in the last season and an episode, but what'd she do that was the most hosed-up moment on TV?

Even typing it feels wrong so feel free to check for a plot summary or review of an episode called "almost home" keeping in mind you might see NWS scenes and depending on how deep the plot summary goes, very NMS.

The TLDR is that it's a very bizarre scene where she goes on about how she's going to medievally torture two innocent kids before doing something even worse to deborah ann woll's character who's chained in silver in her creepy basement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's popped up in a ton of stuff over the last decade.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, I gotcha. That was just before she got popped by a surprise entrance by Hoyt or something. I remembered her character's death and crazy turn in True Blood, I just forgot the specifics was all.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Agents of SHIELD is getting a Hall H panel at SDCC, and Marvel Studios is not

quote:

Thursday, July 18

Marvel Television: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
3:30 - 4:30 PM, Hall H
The cast and producers of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return to San Diego Comic-Con in epic fashion as they take over Hall H for the first time ever! Be the first to hear the scoop about the show-stopping conclusion for season six and what awaits in season seven of Marvel’s flagship television show. With your favorite stars in attendance, including Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Jeff Ward, along with executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, and Jeph Loeb, this is a must-see panel to celebrate seven seasons with the world’s greatest fans! This action-packed series from Marvel Television and ABC Studios airs Fridays at 8/7c on ABC.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

I don't know, he's been withholding a lot of info that people need to *make* those decisions.

Yea, because he's on a crusade and has become blind to any other way to do things.

Also this his hilarious

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzYovMynliH/

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I hope the Studios are just announcing seperately otherwise the 50th is going to be a bit of a joke on Saturday with Star Trek being the only big draw that I am aware of. I honestly figured SDCC would get one more strong year before the studios started leaving it. Ah well.

Regardless, I know where I'll be Thursday.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Saw Gabriel Luna on the big screen today in a trailer.

Ghost Rider Terminator. We're screwed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bruceski posted:

That's who that was! I kept racking my brain trying to remember what I knew him from.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bruceski posted:

He's doing a Ghost Rider series w/ his AoS character

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Batmasterson posted:

I was hoping Mack would mention they have their own god on their team.

Mack would never say that. He's very much in the Captain America school of "There's only one God".

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Late because of FFXIV, but at least I made it before the next episode!
Season 6, Episode 7: Toldja
https://i.imgur.com/CSMMb9T.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/yyMJQ3z.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/JWFfKtk.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/ZbPiLgN.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/tlItHFH.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/WqiGPbd.gifv

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

It's amazing how, in terms of effects, this show can go from the awesome opening shots to the dude breathing fire like it was a show in the 90's.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how hard the door hits Fireguy. Like WANG. Daisy does not gently caress around.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

ApeHawk posted:

I feel like the multiverse thing is too much of a red herring to be the twist.

It's too obvious for this show.

SPOILERS FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN AOS, SERIOUSLY IF YOU CAN"T FIGURE OUT WHAT'S SPOILED HERE DO NOT CLICK: Well, it was a red herring in something else this week, so maybe we can chalk that up to a subtle TV/Film connection. And there's (or WILL be, in five years?) a new, Skrull-led organization that's SHIELD in all but name (and is coordinating with EUROPOL?).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It might be just ever so slightly helpful if you perhaps said what the spoilers were for maybe?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It might be just ever so slightly helpful if you perhaps said what the spoilers were for maybe?

Schpiederman: European Vacation

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gonz posted:

Blackmonkey: European Vacation

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Test Pattern posted:

SPOILERS FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN AOS, SERIOUSLY IF YOU CAN"T FIGURE OUT WHAT'S SPOILED HERE DO NOT CLICK: Well, it was a red herring in something else this week, so maybe we can chalk that up to a subtle TV/Film connection. And there's (or WILL be, in five years?) a new, Skrull-led organization that's SHIELD in all but name (and is coordinating with EUROPOL?).

That entire marketing campaign was so good. They broke the fourth wall with their "leaks" to make even the audience fall for Mysterio's usual bullshit.

I really really want the multiverse to not be a thing and it's just some crazy fever dream concoction Beck came up with that is never discussed again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm glad I saw the movie two days ago, otherwise I'd be rather miffed. What is it about this thread that makes people want to swoop in as soon as a movie comes out? The movies haven't tied into the show in any direct form since Thor 2 and Ultron, and not in some way that actually matters since Winter Soldier.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I love how hard the door hits Fireguy. Like WANG. Daisy does not gently caress around.

I wish my last name was an onomatopoeia too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

I wish my last name was an onomatopoeia too.

You tube made him change it to Whang.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Bruceski posted:

I'm glad I saw the movie two days ago, otherwise I'd be rather miffed. What is it about this thread that makes people want to swoop in as soon as a movie comes out? The movies haven't tied into the show in any direct form since Thor 2 and Ultron, and not in some way that actually matters since Winter Soldier.

I haven't seen the film, and I'm miffed.

Seriously, the film has nothing to do with this show and hasn't for half a decade now. Go post this poo poo in in C/D. HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW NED STARK ALSO DIES!!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

You tube made him change it to Whang.

Who're you talking about? This was clearly about Pinyin Wāng Kěyíng AKA Chloe Wang, AKA Chloe Bennet. Known for her role as Marie Sue 'Skye' Poots AKA Daisy 'Quake' Johnson AKA Destroyer of Worlds. She has collected a lot of names.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 5, 2019

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

"Evil Coulson twin" was an excellent burn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol I told you all she was the creator

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I was hoping for some double crazy twist it was actually Fitzsimmons.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Spoilder-Man Ya know, this whole plot this season is following a lot of the same beats of the Elementals' attacks. I moving forward with the theory that this is all Mysterio's con job again. All the people who've died from bats and so forth are just actors who are in on it. This is all a very elaborate scam to get 10% of Deke's company

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 6, 2019

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So it's looking like the Ghost Rider's deal was to bring Coulson back to stop the Shrike.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Fitzsimmons shouldn't be such dismissive assholes to the guy trying to warn them that something is wrong.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pastamania posted:

I haven't seen the film, and I'm miffed.

Seriously, the film has nothing to do with this show and hasn't for half a decade now. Go post this poo poo in in C/D. HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW NED STARK ALSO DIES!!!

I'm annoyed that the only way you could have known what the spoiler was about was to click on it, at which point you've just been spoiled to it anyway.

Shittiest possible way to do something like that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop about Sarge, because there's no way this new lady introduced more than halfway into the season is the big threat.

Also, they mentioned that the Shrike don't like the cold. Does this mean that an atom bomb will supercharge them or something.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Urgh, everyone is just do loving stupid this week. Yes, Daisy, you especially. You were trained in hand to hand by the best, you were specifically hiding your power and you react to such a blatant attack? And you, geniuses, everything is weird on your ship and you just shrug it off? Jesus Christ on a bike.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Also Izel should be Aida in a wig. They brought Coulson back, why not her too? It would totally gently caress with Fitzsimmons too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop about Sarge, because there's no way this new lady introduced more than halfway into the season is the big threat.

Also, they mentioned that the Shrike don't like the cold. Does this mean that an atom bomb will supercharge them or something.

It means that Donnie Gill will finally rise from the ocean and save the world.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

RareAcumen posted:

It means that Donnie Gill will finally rise from the ocean and save the world.

No joke, if that happens, I will mark out so hard.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Not a lot for this week, but that's fine by me. Shadowbringers is still taking up all my time anyway.

Season 6, Episode 8: Collision Course (Part 1)
https://i.imgur.com/Wrf1KAp.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/jC5ambE.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/jh71Ec0.gifv

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Thanks as always - that Coulson gif is great. I love how it just makes no sense and doesn't quite work as a shot but is just rad so they did it anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well I guess since they haven't mentioned them at all since, the shards from last episode that froze and fell out of the Quinjet aren't a threat anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snow and Deke are a good couple.